B4 The Bell, Thursday September 2

machinehead..........they should have shoved water balloon up Hasterts

stinking ass.............Felony enema. no.1

Fat Denny is one of two legislators -- Bill Frist being the other one -- who actually got a copy of the so-called Patriot Act before it was huzzahed through Congress in the dead of night.

Far from being prosecuted for treason, he's still at large ... :angry:

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
all hail the chief

You can say that again.....

Just paid $2 to cross the street. Walking back to my office, I needed to cross Lexington Ave in the lower 40's. But the street was completely closed....cops everywhere and metal barracaides. Asked what was happening now? Was told shrub was "going to be coming down the block in 45 mins to 1 hour, so no you cannot walk across the street." Had to walk back toward Grand Central and enter the subway (hence the $2), walk thru the 7 train platform to 42nd and 3rd.

Sorry, just needed to rant, this police state crap has me fuming these last couple of weeks.

Just one of many examples of how desperate "they" are...

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/...8_29.php#003387

You'll remember a couple days ago we noted House Speaker Denny Hastert suggesting that George Soros may get his money from drug cartels or other such groups.

I've talked to reporters who've asked Hastert this around the convention hall. And he's been aggressively restating the 'charge.' I'm told he even shoved his finger in the chest of one of them when repeating it.

Now Soros has written this letter to Hastert, asking him to put up or shut up, or, more specifically "either substantiate these claims -- which you canont do because they are false -- or publicly apologize for attempting to defame my character and damage my reputation."

Whatever you think of Soros, this is the sort of slur that only comes from a real pig. And to think that the author of it is the Speaker of the House of Representatives, and out in the light of day.

-- Josh Marshall

Soros is a real man and a real citizen, a dying breed being replaced by the consumption-opinion-machines that are overtaking the world. Kudoz, Mr. Soros. Acres of diamonds for you. You're what Americans used to aspire to be.

Last year, somebody threw a water balloon at Denny Hastert during a parade.

He was charged with -- get this -- "felony aggravated battery."

Political muckety-mucks are protected like mafia chieftains these days. You toucha their car, they breaka you face.

Ain't to many tears ago the ploi-muks would 'ave been painted with the dregs of a refinery, feathered and driven outta town on a rail. Oh, how times have changed!

machinehead..........they should have shoved water balloon up Hasterts

stinking ass.............Felony enema. no.1

O' course thats public enema no.1 :lol:

As Soup puts it... WHERE IS THE MOTHERFORNICATING OUTRAGE!

Is this a surprise after the Great Texas Miracle???

Perhaps this election is more telling about the constitution of the voters than the candidates themselves. :cry:

Bush To Alter Economic Stats Again

Last week, the Census Bureau released statistics showing that for the first time in years, poverty had increased for three straight years, while the number of Americans without health care increased to a record level.1 But instead of changing its economic and health care policies, the Bush administration today is announcing plans to change the way the statistics are compiled.

<snip>

In a Bush administration press release yesterday, the Census Bureau said next week it "will announce a new economic indicator" as "an additional tool to better understand" the economy. The change in statistics is being directed by Bush political appointees and comes just 60 days from the election. It will be the first modification of Census data in 40 years.2

This is not the first time the White House has tried to doctor or manipulate economic data that exposed President Bush's failed policies. In the face of serious job losses last year, the Associated Press reported "the Bush administration has dropped the government's monthly report on mass layoffs, which also had been eliminated when President Bush's father was in office."3 Similarly, Business Week reported that the White House this year "unilaterally changed the start date of the last recession to benefit Bush's reelection bid." For almost 75 years, the start and end dates of recessions have been set by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), a private nonpartisan research group. But the Bush administration decided to toss aside the NBER, and simply declare that the recession started under President Clinton.4

Sources:

"Census: Poverty up in 2003," The Olympian, 9/01/04.

Census Bureau press release, 8/31/04.

"Monthly report on mass layoffs dropped," Shawnee News-Star, 1/05/03.

"Inventing The 'Clinton Recession'," Business Week Online, 2/23/04.

Full piece here

Archived