Deflation or Inflation

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant Beardrech!

As a Monty Python sketch,it would also need to be done with

Madame Tussaud figures for the Monty Python crew(not quite yet).

On a more serious note re. Chinamart.The was a piece on tv here

about how they destroy small communities and mom&pop businesses.

They move into a small town,eliminate all competition by low pricing,

put all the small local retailers out of business and just when everyone has

got used to their local Chinamart,they declare that the town is no longer

big enough to support the store,close it down and move 30 miles away

and open a superstore(larger catchment area)--leave small town behind

as a ghost-town without any small retailers.Ain't it just the American

BIGBIZNIZ way.The wealth transfer continues.

Again, please stop the gabbering:

The logic and the sensibilities of "The Greatest Generation" have given way to the Yuppy Excess of the Baby Boom Generation. By the time Walmart was hitting its' stride, the AARP crowd was happy to accept their Senior's Discount, and buy their trinkets as cheaply as they could...after all - they didn't need to worry about American jobs anymore...they were retired!

What I like about this, is that the people who could vote during all of the decline of America are COMPLETELY UNRESPONSIBLE FOR THAT DECLINE. "Logic and Sensibilities" They had it easy. They fought a country we outnumbered more than 3to1 and with the help of Russia. They viewed the "feat" of defeating a vastly outnumbered enemy as epic. They then preceeded to give all of Eastern Europe to the Communists. This provided the "Baby Boomers" something to deal with. They then voted alot of Social Security benifits to themselves. Yes they succeeded, they succeeded in having it easy. They coasted down that slippery slope at good speed. They were just far enough from the fire to not pay THEMSELVES.

Remember:

"The sins of the Father shall be visited on the son."

not

"The sins of the Son shall be visited on the father."

Got that cleared up?

Excuse me, T-minus . "Social Security" payments are not a viable pension, and today will cover the light bill but not much else. A pathetic dole when measured against any other developed country. My father's generation grew up in the depression, eight in one room , working full-time at age 7, a daily diet of oatmeal, the whole horror story. To qualify for public assistance in the US one needs to be at death's door, and the assistance offered will barely move you out of that doorway. get a heart, man.

The correction in the SM is a buying opp.-soon it's off to the races! Put buyers go ape-sh*t again!

(richard640) Nov 11, 10:22 a.m.

Opening put/calls=1.01%

9:00 AM

DJ-INDEX-364-calls 1,2649-puts 13,013-total

S&P100--2,163-calls 1,745-puts 3,908-total

UNBELIEVABLE!

S&P500---1,033-calls 7,028-puts 8,061-total

How do we rationalise the S&P 500 figures? Are bullish fund managers buying these--not wanting to give up there precious stocks?--thinking this correction will blow over quickly? It's always tempting to interpret a traditional indicator to fit one's bias--I just think this means whatever kind of correction we're in will be short and shallow--then it's off to the races

Again. Stop the gabbering.

Excuse me, T-minus . "Social Security" payments are not a viable pension, and today will cover the light bill but not much else. A pathetic dole when measured against any other developed country. My father's generation grew up in the depression, eight in one room , working full-time at age 7, a daily diet of oatmeal, the whole horror story. To qualify for public assistance in the US one needs to be at death's door, and the assistance offered will barely move you out of that doorway. get a heart, man.

Get a heart? If I did, then I'd have to be consumed with rage for what is happening to the "worthless youngins". I know, your talking about "selective caring". Only "important" people deserve caring. Women, rich people(burderned by the unholy weight of taxes), the old. The "drones" necessary to pay for your idiocy can burn, while you sing a cheerfull song. Eight in one room. I know why that was. Your father's father CHOOSE to have, what, about six children during a Great Depression? How cruel. That psychotic irresponsibility results in suffering. In Africa they would have starved to death. Social Security will pay the lighting bill? REALLY. So 15% of my salary will only pay the lighting bill for an old man? DEAR GOD, I don't know how I am making it. :o Of course, I did think, that there was more than one worker per Social Security Pensioner. :D Unfortunately, according to 1996 Statistical Abstract of the United States, table 583, the Average Monthly Benefit of a retired person in 1993 was 674 dollars. In addition, they have their medicare benefits. Where I live, you CAN get by on 1,200 dollars a month, easy. If you are working. If you are living alone. If you must rent. For people with live with another person, who don't need to drive to work every day, 674 dollars should pay everything but about $226. In short, for old people to be suffering, they must simply not have any other savings.

Full-time at age seven? I suspect that is a hallucination.

Archived