Extra Cash, This Week Only

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By Gawd, the President is widing up his big speech, is gonna drive the money changers out, stop corruption and

special interests, and is calling for the ghost of BIG TEDDY who is flying about the Congressional Chamber

(with Mary Joe Kopechne and Satan hot on his tail with pitch forks and brimstone) in the wrap up. Nancy Pelosi is looking weepy eyed and its a great Gawd dam moment.

Whut's that he sayin, "Ask not what your country can do for you, I have a dream!"

I want to go vote again!

Barack says he is shocked, shocked I tell you, that there is corruption in DC and he is gonna clean it up

with the passing of his New Bull... er Bill.

Let it be written, let it be dun! :rolleyes:

The Truman Show....now back to our regularly scheduled bubble....

Nothing more inspiring than a chamber full of plutocrats in pinstripe suits wearing spats....the HMO buy recommendations with raised lotto ball numbers are being written as we speak....

Fixed income still flying,now up 26 of the last 27 days.....

Lauched 20% of the trading portfolio this morning,did 20% just over a week ago.Still holding 60% for the time being.I will be seilling more soon but as the NAV's have rallied hard,and the underlying discount on the funds has actually increased.In other words,I expect the Muni closed end funds to keep moving up to catch up to the NAV's.....I will,as usual,be selling WAY too EARLY!

Not taking too many chances though,some of the funds are not as liquid as I would like. :blink:

It is better to be early than late. B)

This I know, if you're acutely sick in America, you'll get better care that anywhere else, across the board. If you're less than acutely ill, it is a cryin' shame.

I have been excluded from participation in the wonderful US medical services delivery scheme for which We The Pipple have the privilege of paying 70% more than any other civilized country in the world. Being shut out from the system in the event of a costly, potentially terminal illness like cancer, whether or not it is the best system in the world for treating such illnesses is of absolutely no consequence to me or 47 million Americans other who are excluded.

Obama may have let this whole reform thing drift rudderless with the congressional asshats for too long.

He could have passed almost anything in his first few months....and probably with a groundswell of support, if the message had been as clear and simple as 'No American will be denied basic coverage'. Just that. Cost be damned, we'll figure it out. People hadn't really gotten sour on debt spending yet.

He may have missed his window. Guess we'll see.

I live in northwest Ohio and, let me tell you, it is a shame how many overweight/obese people there are around here. Nearly every day I travel to a local strip mall just down the road and it is a rarity to find a skinny person, especially women, walking up to the stores. For the past few weeks, whenever my dad and I cruise through there, we count the skinny ladies to fat ladies. As a result, there has been an average ratio of about 8 fatties to 1 skinny. Also, many of the fatties are quite large and have difficulty even lumbering up to the store fronts. It is quite a shame. I have nothing against overweight people, but come on, for your own sakes, take care of yourself. You will live longer and feel much, much better and stay out of the hospitals

Amen.

I have been excluded from participation in the wonderful US medical services delivery scheme for which We The Pipple have the privilege of paying 70% more than any other civilized country in the world. Being shut out from the system in the event of a costly, potentially terminal illness like cancer, whether or not it is the best system in the world for treating such illnesses is of absolutely no consequence to me or 47 million Americans other who are excluded.

Alot of talk, if passed, about Insurance Companies not being able to deny you coverage because of an 'pre-existing illness'.

What no one has talked about, and someone please correct me if wrong, is what will/can they charge?

Yeah, we will now offer you Insurance but it is going to cost you $5,000-$10,000/month!! Still the same end result, no Insurance for 99% of the folks with that 'pre-existing'.

Obama may have let this whole reform thing drift rudderless with the congressional asshats for too long.

He could have passed almost anything in his first few months....and probably with a groundswell of support, if the message had been as clear and simple as 'No American will be denied basic coverage'. Just that. Cost be damned, we'll figure it out. People hadn't really gotten sour on debt spending yet.

He may have missed his window. Guess we'll see.

I am underwhelmed with the Obama administration as a political operation.

He should have taken up financial services reform in the first year. Said, "Look, my fellow Americans. We bailed these pricks out, and now, we're putting back together some of the rules that limited their idiocy for 60 years. If we can't expose ourselves to 'too big to fail,' then we have to start dismantling the largest firms which remain too big and have only gotten bigger. Today. Starting with Goldman Sachs."

He would have enjoyed an enormous political victory - Americans would have rallied in favor around practically any proposal. Could have rolled that success into something more modest and likely to pass on health care.

Instead, he opened a can of worms that motivated only his opponents. Got caught totally flatfoote. Weak. In my estimation, he's lost the health care debate. The democrats will pass something, but it will be a face-saving bill of little meaning to those who care about health care policy.

Which I admittedly don't, beyond hating fat obese mallcows in Ohio.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived