IDS World Market Thur 5th March 09

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
USDEUR on the brink 1.2509 last....

I am still short a reduced position on EURUSD & GBPUSD and long gold. All small positions with those central bank rate decisions today.

All green. I see this as swing holds with targets on the daily.

I was just thinking.

You guys are so good at this, would you be interested in closing the board to the general public, turning it into a pay site where those who want to to read you subscribe, and you stoolies divvy up the subscription income?

I would of course just keep a tiny, tiny, tiny sliver form myself. :lol:

Really, that's how good I think you are. There is an amazing depth of wisdom and experience here. I just love to follow the discussion on these boards.

Except when it's about politics of course. :lol:

Actually, it's a reference to yesterday.

Lee in your podcasts, you think its a good idea to people to walk away from negative equity mortgages.

Is there limited liability for US mortgages holders? Here in Europe if you walk away from the house and they foreclose/sell the house at a reduced price you still owe them the balance of the loan and they will pursue you for it. So walking away on this side of the Atlantic can lead to bankruptcy.

I was just thinking.

You guys are so good at this, would you be interested in closing the board to the general public, turning it into a pay site where those who want to to read you subscribe, and you stoolies divvy up the subscription income?

I would of course just keep a tiny, tiny, tiny sliver form myself. :lol:

Really, that's how good I think you are. There is an amazing depth of wisdom and experience here. I just love to follow the discussion on these boards.

Except when it's about politics of course. :lol:

My guess is the sums involved above would just be too small to make it worth your while.

CD's like TJ suggested are a good idea

but it still is trusting the system for access to those dollars, and having faith in the value of those dollars

anyway what are they good for?

just buying stuff

why not buy some of the stuff now and keep the rest in CD's, instead of all in CD's

why not 50% in CD's,

10% in cash like Doc said in a buried metal box, actually several metal boxes, not all at one location,

10% in gold and silver coins also spread among multiple metal boxes

30% in survival gear, supplies, food, water, batteries, firewood, weapons, generators, fuel, ammo, hand-crank radios, etc. BUY IT NOW and keep it in multiple nearby locations with trusted friends and family

I'll stress-test your portfolio right here -- aSSume that 60 seconds from now the lights are going out, the electric grid will be down for a long and unknown duration, your water and sewer will cease to function, ATM's, gas stations and grocery stores will be closed or empty, your cell phone will not work, internet access will not work, and there will be a lot of hungry, angry and desperate people around.

what will you do in that situation? how much security will CD's provide then?

sure you lose interest by doing this

but what good is interest when you need food, water and safety?

and the lost interest might be made up by savings from buying the stuff when it's readily available versus getting gouged at 10x the price in an emergency situation

stock up on enough of everything for yourself plus more for others who didn't plan ahead, so you can share/barter

of course you could do nothing, just depend on the government to come save you

Amen Brother! B)

Spread the word. People need to get prepared.

All returns come with excessive risk at this point. Invest in your safety and well being.

Don't forget to give a percent or two to household and hygiene products. I've got a year supply of TP and four grateful, happy a$$es to go with it. Won't lose a dime on that investment, either.

Someone was asking about seeds yesterday.

I ordered the "Garden in a Can" and the "Crops in a Can" from these folks:

http://www.everlastingseeds.com/

These come vacuum sealed in #10 cans for storage. Can keep these seeds until they're needed.

For gardening this year, bought seeds from Burpee:

http://www.burpee.com/home.do

Try the "Money Garden" to turn $10 in seeds into $650 worth of vegetables.

Now there is a good investment!

If your tight on space, try the "Earth Box:"

http://www.earthbox.com/

I have a 26'x12' flat roof on off the back of my house. Gonna try gardening there this year so as to not lose any backyard space.

FWIW, I have no personal interests in these products, and I can't vouch for their efficacy. I'm just sharing the path that I'm going down.

Even if the world doesn't collapse this year, gardening should be a rewarding hobby.

Be safe!

Archived