The Magic Wand Appears

Every time one's political views are brought forward on this site, especially by the leader, the site loses credibility as a financial publication.

The site shouldn't be held responsible for the views of those who post here. Doc can't control how people feel. Granted, some (especially on IDS) seem unable to stick to market topics ... and take cheap political shots. The most we can do (and I've done it) is to ask Doc to remind people to "stay on topic."

There are forums for political discussion, thanks to Doc creating them. I just hope people use them.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windy does life imitate Art? Check out Yahoo news headlines on Joe Millionaire. Seems one of the sweet females who made it into the finals is in reality a Hollywood fetish film star who does tie-me-up movies and is a foot enthusiat. This is a show that is watched by 20 million mothers around the country. Its no different than the Markets ofcourse or whats going on in Washington. Constant deception, the jangling of skeletons in closets,black is white,white is black, Alice and Wonderland. Now if we could just get some good pictures of Bush in a lacy red pushup bra and high heels, maybe we could save the lives of countless innocent Iraqi children and forestall the march to War.

While it is deemed to be politically NOT okay to question whether FDR knew in advance about Pearl Harbor, it IS OKAY to call Bush, et. al. NAZIs.

Wow! Where did that come from?

http://www.RooseveltMyth.com

Because of Yalta, anywhere East of what used to be called the Iron Curtain, FDR is regarded as the biggest bloody fool of the 20th century.

As for economics, the Japanese are trying the same Keynesian policies as did FDR with the same unfortunate results of stagnation, deflation, and rising unemployment.

DBS

Guest BEARDRECH

STOOLIES

To those of you who find it unbearable that the two apparentl cynically hypocritical poliical parties in our system of government are nothing more than two identical floating kidneys in the rotting body politic ,i submit the following admonitory hypothesis:

Imagine,if you will,two opposing parties,purified of all the dross(opposing parties attributes that makes them similar in various ways ) and so cleansed of all the putrescences constituting the scaly skin of each others political form;becoming COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from each other so that neither one of them has anything in common with each other;as if they were martians opposing venusians.

What would this purified political duopoly become i ask???

I believe we would call it the prelude to CIVIL WAR

P.S How many times have i heard the implicit Irony that Bears are symbiotically related to stupid bulls--imagine the field of combat-the markets stripped of our opponents;justifiably,at least by our current standards ,buried forever.

Remember ,the prettiest Rose cannot survive without some form of horseshit or derivative thereof nourishing its roots

beardrech :rolleyes: :P :blink: :grin:

Great Rodents think alike. I had just finished going to the site to look up the fair value at this point Drano.

Regarding the whining tonight, it one thing to rebuke a statement and defend your position but, whining is just that whining.

Capitalstool.com is Dr. Stool's site. Made in his image. If you have a problem with his ways and philosophies perhaps membershp on this site is not for you.

I, of course, can't speak for him but, I'm pretty sure he will return the 19.27 to all the whiners who are paying members. It seems that the ones who are whining (if they even are paying members), have not been here long enough to be paying the $74.00 and if you are, I'm sure he will gladly give it back to you as well, upon request at the door on your way out.

One other thing. I doubt very seriously the point of this site for Dr. Stool was to become a "respected financial site." It was, I hope, to be exactly what it is.

Love it or leave it but, don't whine on the boards.

SPX futures dropping, now 2.84 below fair value.

Nasdq 8.70 below fair value.

Just in case anyone's interested in the stock market. Remember that? We used to talk about it.

Nikkei not okay.

And the Nikkei is not following the US indices up, but is again going it's own way . . . stumbling like a drunken salaryman on his way home.

Btw, just how low can the 1 year JGB go?

DBS

Come on, take your stock market beatings like mature adults. And go to political stool to talk shit about Bush. Or any other stupid phukkers n our govt who are guaranteed to ALWAYS do the wrong thing at the wrong time. Or, if you want to insult me and make fun of my insane polictical statements. This thread should remain dedicated to discussing the markets via the metaphoric and analagous conflation of women and stocks.

Just checked the chart of Nasdaq futures over at CNNMoney.com (thanks for the link the other day, B4).

Somehow I am reminded of Calvin and Hobbes (the cartoon characters, that is) heading down a steep hill in their wagon, which is about to launch over the side of the cliff.

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/harris/h...rris012903.html

Tired of geo-political jibba jabba mussing up the market talk?

Get real,it's the central issue right now,revolving around

currencies,gold,oil.Macro factors that matter much more than

the usual trivial bullshit that eminates from the putrifying financial centroids of inconsequential bafflegab.

Will Uncle Buck loose whirld currency reserve status?

With Painted Face Shrubbery whipping the the old warhorse

(using borrowed money,of course),the time may be nigh.

Don't like politics mucking up the market?

You better find a new playground then.

Guest AssMaster

As long as the abuse is spread around evenly I have no problem with it. And personally, I would prefer a site with an open mind towards the markets rather than a bearish tilt, unless that bearish tilt is based on something concrete - which would hopefully change around the time we get to a bottom.

Biases are emotional and emotion makes for bad decisions and bad trading. If one expresses a biased viewpoint on anything, I tend to fade everything else that person says - because they are unable to keep emotion out of their decision making process. And if that occurs in one area, it is likely to occur in others.

When I find something offensive I believe the adult thing to do is to make your point directly in order to give people necessary feedback. If they see your point, perhaps they will make some adjustments. If not, then so be it.

I pay for Doc's cycle work, not the extremist rants on the threads - except HyperTiger, of course. :P

So I agree, and if you must express political views on the main threads then keep in mind that you are not in Democratic National headquarters with a uniformly supportive audience. And that expressing yourself as if you are, will not enhance your credibility one iota with the vast majority of participants. Nor will it encourage them to be more supportive of the site.

Most of the time, I would merely ignore people I think are biased and/or idiots rather than perhaps wasting my time expressing feedback. There are some here who are too biased to see clearly, but others may see my point and make some minor adjustments which will be of benefit to everyone.

I don't whine, don't threaten, and don't get all passive aggressive (much). I just absolutely despise unfairness and bias. And seeing some of the stuff here makes me feel just as ill as when I hear someone say "I hate black people" or "I hate jews", etc, etc. And I can assure you that rants with a tone of "Republicans are Nazis" will have the same effect on some of the participants here - making them feel they and their views are not welcome here.

If that is the impression you wish to be conveyed, then please carry on.

All political discussion should be in Political Stool so that I can ignore it. It's boring. If your political post cannot be tied directly to a discussion about the market, take it there.

This site includes both liberal wackos, conservative wackos, libertarian wackos and Armageddon wackos. I myself am a big city Eastern liberal wacko, but the vast majority of stoolies are by far of the conservative or libertarian wacko slant. What we all share is a distaste for the powers that be, including President Hoover, whom I first started calling that as soon as he lost the election and became President. The reference was to his situation with reference to a deflating bubble, and the fact that he is clueless. The fact that he broke insider trading laws or was cronies with all the Enron crooks, or is a child of privelege who got where he is because of that (affirmative action) has nothing to do with it. Go nuucular that.

My article the other night was about the corruption of power and how it impacts the market and the economy, not about President Hoover. I am truly, deeply sorry that some of you are offended by my views.

I will change them immediately to be sure that they are agreeable to you in the future.

Now, if you don't like my political views, or those of any other stoolie, and you can't bring yourself to discuss politics like a grown up person, with decorum, like Doc, please go away. And if you don't like the fact that this site has a bearish slant, because that happens to be what the situation dictates, then what are you doing here?

Remember, political content in Political Stool. That's your soap box.

Now get up there and whine!

Archived