B4 The Bell, PreThursday, April 28

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree Guys and Gals I can't buy that as inverse H&S! You know how Shrub likes to beat his chest "and the Armed Forces are the best equipped etc-" well we know the Marines don't have enough Ammo-now this-Dow Jones newswires-The Army is demanding the return of five Howitzers that two Sierra-Nevada ski-resorts use to prevent avalanches. Saying it needs the guns for fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.The Armys Tank Automotive and Armaments Command at the Rock Island arsenal in Illinois needs the Howitzers back immediately. I need to have them in the Troops hands within 60 to 90 days said Don Bowen the Armys Commands team Leader "its a very short time to get them serviceable and back in the theatre." Mi-God what happens if a real War breaks out-sounds like the supply line is more than stretched doesn't it.

I doubt there is a logistician serving today that has read Karl von Clawitz or even remember much less saw Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus pull into the rail yards in 4 seperate trains, unload the elephant and draugh animals, unload the flat cars, set-up the canvas big top and dinner tents and prepare for a one, two or three day performance.

Pure logistic poetry in motion.

Unfortunately, the airheads in charge of our troops today are interested in images and photo-ops, not support. Some Reserve units being activated MUST BUY without reimbursement their own basic field issue...boots, body armor, goggles...the things needed for the edge.

Maybe I need to add ammo to that too! :rolleyes:

Some links that may be of interest to fellow posters:

Mondo Washington

by James Ridgeway

Timeline of Tragedy

Picking up the pieces of 9-11, putting them in order, trying to make sense

Story of an American in New Zealand who presents a broad picture of 911 and history.

http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0416/mondo1.php

At the hub of the 9-11 research is Thompson's intricate timeline on the website of the Center for Cooperative Research

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org

As of April 19, the crisply written timeline consists of 1,382 items, beginning with the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in 1979 and running up to the present. In addition to the basic, annotated chronology, there are offshoot timelines for each of the four flights that day, along with a minute-by-minute recounting of President Bush's activities on 9-11. Still other timelines delve into official "lies" from 1979 forward.

TE, you may find some of your questions addressed here.

I found new items I hadn?t seen before. He documents his sources.

Sherlock

This little chart went from a confirmed buy (albeit a weak one) to a preliminary sell in one day. Don't see that often. The buy/sell fell too. The only inverse head and shoulders is between some butt cheeks - like in yobobs old avitar.

Selling the rallies is still working like it has been doing for over a week now.

I will stop doing that when it stops working, butt wonder if we even get any more rallies to short.

Pity the miners. Bought some RGLD today. Stops at breakeven.

post-20-1083194838_thumb.gif

Unfortunately, the airheads in charge of our troops today are interested in images and photo-ops, not support. Some Reserve units being activated MUST BUY without reimbursement their own basic field issue...boots, body armor, goggles...the things needed for the edge.

Maybe I need to add ammo to that too! :rolleyes:

Hunter, I could tell you many war stories about where our (TACOM) equipment had strayed to! Things get borrowed, loaned, etc for various reasons and not returned in a timely manner. Nothing like a good war temp to shake things up.

I have read articles of many families buying and shipping the gear you mentioned to their sons/daughters in Iraq.

About half the troops arrived in Iraq without Kevlar vests, for example.

The lack of equipment and the requests for reimbursement are issues that

are being reported to congress in testimony, so I believe its true.

What also bugs me is that after Gulf War I and all the "mysterious" diseases

afterwards, the military set new policy that all soldiers were to have a

physical before being sent into action. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN!!

Now, SEN Hilary Clinton has presented evidence to the Senate showing

that evidence of Depleted Uranium/radiation is showing up in the blood

tests of returning/ill soldiers. Military says their tests said no.

Denmark developed better tests than ours after Kosovo, so one of the

New York newspapers paid to have tests done using those tests.

GEN Myers has promised he will look into these new tests and provide

a report to SEN Clinton.

The beauty of a bureocracy is that they are very difficult to overthrow.

We used to say that if a dictator ever took over, none of the Fed civil servants

would do anything until a published policy/directive was issued. By the

time it got re-worked and made its way to those of us at the bottom,

the dictator would have died.

The other side of the coin is this heavy structure gets in the way of getting things done in a timely manner. Even the most dedicated of workers have to fight

the system to do their jobs. Many are ex-military so they know what's needed.

But the top rarely listens to those further down the chain.

Just realized what a blessing it is to be out of that!

Sherlock

Well-things look good here- Decliners beat advancers 21 to 6 on the dow and 24 to 6 on nazy. Declining volume on both creamed and pulverized advancing volume. On the Spoo's, NazQuack and the Dow stochastics have crossed over, it just doesn't get more Bearish than this. Tomorrow is usually when they window dress for month end that is my only nag-over all it looks good. Fair value numbers are out Spoo's-1120.61 and nazy-1454.74 both are a bit over f/value at the mo. ;)

Brian, to say that the supply line is stretched is, at best, an understatement.

It was already stretched before we ever started this war. We weren't ready.

While you are talking about equip already produced, we need to consider also

the CAPACITY TO PRODUCE NEW/REPLACEMENT EQUIP.

For years, there was a battle in govt over the concept of warm vs cold production capabilities. As you know, once a plant is closed, it is extremely expensive to restart/retool/re-employ. It is also a long-lead tail toward actual production.

We have lost many tanks, Bradleys, and other large pieces of equipment.

Currently, we have no plant in operation to make tanks.

Figure it out......

Sherlock

The main production facility for the M1A1 is located in Egypt...The main battle tank of the Egyptian and Saudi army is...the M1A1...

Last I heard 30% of the US equipment in Iraq is broke down...out of service and being canibalized for parts...

Wounded...

"'Broken soldiers'

The remaining 40 percent to 50 percent of patients include those whom the surgeons send to Europe, and on to the United States, with no prospect of regaining consciousness. The practice, subject to review after gathering feedback from families, assumes that loved ones will find value in holding the soldier's hand before confronting the decision to remove life support."

Wounded

The US Postal Service created a stamp with a picture of Senator Hillary

Clinton to honor her achievements as the First Lady of our nation In daily

use it was shown that the stamp was not sticking to envelopes.

This enraged Senator Clinton, who demanded a full investigation.

After a month of testing, a special presidential commission made the following findings:

*The stamp was in perfect order.

*There was nothing wrong with the applied adhesive.

*People were spitting on the wrong side.

:P :lol: :lol:

Archived