HedgeHog Investigation

KACHING........

Just back from world cup action watching USA inc rough up N KOREA

and SPX futures down 5 to boot ....what a weekend

too bad my APPX play cost me 5 pts on a big block

net zero for the week...cant win em all

trade safe ...still in half my putz, looking to close next three days and reload the pop

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you guys make of this?  Positive or negative divergence on the NDX??

http://clearstation.etrade.com/cgi-bin/bbs...post_id=4819745

Will the leaders follow the NDX down?

Or will the leaders stop short of the 50-day and lead the NDX back up?

Isn't that because the large-caps in the COMP were propped last week? I mean the NDX was hardly down at all compared to the COMP on friday. Could that be some kind of portfolio jiggering?

I found this guy's post over there interesting as well. Also refers to the 50 day:

Link

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we repeat a version of that pattern, since I believe that this top will turn out to be a massive top, just like 2000.

Lookin' for some sort of bounce right about here towards SPX 1010-20.

If we get the bounce and break SPX 1K again, I expect a good bounce around 960.

If we go through 960, that's when TEOTWAWKI scenarios come into play.

Note that bottom of both daily and weekly ribbons are in that area. No net below.

spxday.png

spxweek.png

EXTREEM TRADING

K wave rider said

In my experience, the only time the COT data is useful is when it is at extremes.

When the little guys get 85-90% on one side of the boat, the market will go the other way, EVERY time.

When the readings are are in the 50-75% range, I don't even factor in the COT data.

I made a killing shorting the bonds with 90%+ bullish consensus a couple of years ago, and gold got very extreme in Feb of this year.

So it does work sometimes, you just have to picks your spots, and they don't come along that often.

Couldnt agree more - indicators work best at extremes.

This requires infrequent trading and goes against the desire for constant action.

I see what Doc means by how commodities and futures track so sweet on the charts. Oh my!

Buy crude oil and short: Soybeans, Hang Seng, CRB Index, 10-Year T-bone, Euros, cotton#2,

Right, something is working so far. Hang Seng currently down 170 or so points in this session alone, like now! :o :lol:

....though not showing on this chart yet.

post-7-1064809458.png

Trade war? I'm starving to death in a cardboard box...why? the Chinese... those cheaters, they never played on a level playing field...

What the average American will think after being shaken upsidedown over a wheelbarrel...

If you're in Calgary, I hope it's a well insulated cardboard box.

I note from some LOB posts from the past, that some posters, notably Doc, have a dim view towards options. What are the things that make this such a poor buy? I suspect it has something to do with the option writer having some ability to move the stock price. They seem kind of like some sort of bizzare lottery ticket, except that you only have a chance to win if you really know what you're doing, and inexperienced individuals are certain to be parted with their money.

Also, at one time I heard that money was the root of all evil.

Then it was the love of money was the root of all evil.

Maybe the love of printing money is the root of all evil :)

I can see that technical analysis can significantly help trading if a person understands the limitations of it.

I don't know if these are valid questions, but does Metastock support plug ins? The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to be able to generate envelopes real time. Until I get a good handle on exactly how cycles work, I won't feel comfortable putting money on it.

Will be watching these this week for movement one way or another.

Rumor has it around 1,000 employees will be laid off from SunTrust early this week.

Rumor has it Disney is about to shut down Walt Disney Animation (Japan), its 14-year-old Tokyo-based animation studio responsible for the "Piglet's Big Movie", "The Tigger Movie", "101 Dalmatians II", and more. Word is the studio's current project, a "Winnie the Pooh" spinoff called "The Heffalump Movie," will be its last. 103 animators out of work.

Rumor has it massive layoffs at Kaiser Permanente in the planning stages, stay tuned...

Rumor has it one-third of Zentropy Partners LA employees are about to get sacked within the next two weeks, 25 to 35 people.

Rumor has it Team America employees did not receive paychecks this most recent pay period. As of this writing, trading (NasdaqSC: TMOS) has been halted.

For the past 48 hours, about 3 million Cingular GSM cellphone subscribers in the "Great Lakes regior" have no service.

http://www.fornicateedcompany.com/

(www.f**kedcompany.com/)

TA with different methods, to me, is like those 18 different weapons in Chinse martial art bow, crossbow, saber, spear, sword, pike, shield, axe, pole axe, crescent spear, steel cudgel, segmented cudgel, whips, rake, man-catcher, trident, flails, and firearms

Find the one you fit, if one is not enough, then try combinations

shaoling3.jpg

If you trust your mind, you may try buddhadropping's "Forensic Art",

shaoling1.jpg

Deng Xaioping said, "It doesn't matter if it's a black cat or a white cat. As long as it catches a mouse it's a good cat."

THE FOUR QUADRANTS of DESIRE

Make money and have fun - Four stars

Make money but hav eno fun - Two stars

Lose money but have fun - One star

Lose money have no fun - zero stars

Read a lot of interesting stuff looking though M2M Weakend. Nontheless, I'm glad I wasn't here while it was happening. Jimbo's post is what I want to leave M2M Weakend with.

Archived