Broken Beer Steins Scatter Wall Street

Wow - I am amazed!? The world markets are crashing and heading towards the US in a few hours, and Stoolies are sleeping (except for Shorty).? I guess I could use the sleep too, but it's not everyday that my long gold and short dollar positions pop for 6 figures before the market even opens.? Not trying to brag - just share a celebration.?

Maybe I need to splurge and go get a few sliders from the White Castle. :P

652014[/snapback]

Couldn't sleep. Probably not the market. There's sirens going off all over the place. It sounds like air raid sirens. Or those fire alarms they got out in bumfornicate to call the volunteers.

Night's half over. Market's half recovered. It's gonna be a green day.

I wonder if I can set up my account at 3 am to trade by 3:30. Need a 24/7 trading account.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm thinking 'bout short crude vs. long ethanol

not too poopular an idea at the moment I know

652019[/snapback]

Is there any refinery capacity to handle all that new ethanol, or was that left out in the rush to get the energy bill passed?

Maybe we can export the ethanol to a country with spare refining capacity. That'll hep the trade deficate. Maybe it doesn't matter. It's a commodity, and we're in a commodity bubble. I hear Maria say so.

dumbaSSes who bought BSC at 150 bucks a share didn't lose a penny

not one single penny of their money was "lost"

it was all merely transferred, directly, to those who sold the stock to them at 150 bucks a share, at that time

none of it mysteriously disappeared!

amazing that most people lack the mental capacity to comprehend this simple fact

now the sellers have the money

them buyers gots the shares

that's what they wanted, the shares, not their money, that's why they made the trade, their choice

now if them proud new shareholders vote to sell their shares to JP MrotgougeChasers fer two bucks, well, that's their choice too! :P

it's a free markit!

Is there any refinery capacity to handle all that new ethanol, or was that left out in the rush to get the energy bill passed?

Maybe we can export the ethanol to a country with spare refining capacity. That'll hep the trade deficate.

652020[/snapback]

I think the problem is disturbation, too corrosive fer existin' pipelines

butt markit forces will soon rectumify that

it was all merely transferred, directly, to those who sold the stock to them at 150 bucks a share, at that time

amazing that most people lack the mental capacity to comprehend this simple fact

652021[/snapback]

One thing I learned reading about gold and hanging out on gold message boards is to think in terms of wealth, not money. I still might say I lost money on something, but my brai translates that as I lost wealth in an investment.

Funny thing about me and gold... It just came back to me today for some reason... My earliest political memory is of listening to Nixon on the radion when he closed the gold window and instituted wage and price controls. I was at best 9 years old and I remember feeling violated--like he just declared martial law and confiscated everyone's wealth. Maybe between that and collecting coins, stamps, baseball cars, etc... Evertually, it was inevitable I'd go back to collecting coins.

THE OTHER BIGGER TRANSFERENCE OF WEALTH

True shorty true

But what about all the others who bought in at prices between $2 and $150 and did not sell - the great bulk of shareholders wealth.

Where has the money gone????.

It too was transferred - but it was transferred to Bears borrowers - the ones who are defaulting on there house payments that back all the subprime crap sitting at level 3 on Bears balance sheet, as we speak - after they heloced all the money out.

All the heloc money was spent on china mart goodies - was sent to China and recycled back into Mac and Mae paper and Treasuries.

Now its flowing back to Bear in the form of a fed bail out.

Bears shareholder funds have been consumed long ago.

Stock prices are merely an exercise in delayed recognition.

What is merely happening now is the long delayed recognition of that fact by the market. :ph34r:

They took their time.

THE OTHER BIGGER TRANSFERENCE OF WEALTH

True shorty true

But what about all the others who bought in at prices between $2 and $150 and did not sell - the great bulk of shareholders wealth.

Where has the money gone????.

It too was transferred - but it was transferred to Bears borrowers - the ones who are defaulting on there house payments that back all the subprime crap sitting at level 3 on Bears balance sheet,  as we speak - after they heloced all the money out.

All the heloc money was spent on china mart goodies - was sent to China and recycled back into Mac and Mae paper and Treasuries.

Now its flowing back to Bear in the form of a fed bail out.

Bears shareholder funds have been consumed long ago.

Stock prices are merely an exercise in delayed recognition.

What is merely happening now is the long delayed recognition of that fact by the market.  :ph34r:

They took their time.

652025[/snapback]

I wonder if heloc debtors will be pursued

take back their giant TV's :lol:

DEAR ALLEN

Bear Stearns Chief Executive Alan Schwartz said Friday that rumors had done the damage. "We have tried to confront and dispel these rumors and parse fact from fiction,

Dear Alan

Rumours didnt destroy Bear

What destroyed Bear was borrowing 30 time your capital and lending it to people who cant pay you back.

Its called bad management.

Archived