Faber Vs. MIT

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Retail Sales Pulled Down by Autos

The Commerce Department (news - web sites) said retail sales fell 0.9 percent in January after a revised increase of 2.0 percent in December. The January decline was larger than the 0.6 percent drop expected by anal cysts.

However, retail sales excluding motor vehicles and parts soared 1.3 percent, the largest increase since matching that in September 2000 and beating expectations for a 0.5 percent rise.

So, when autos help retail sales we don't mention it, but when they hurt, we discount the fact? :blink:

About the Faber vs. MIT discussion. A stoolie raised the issue several weeks ago and I felt yesterday was a good day to raise the question because of the amount of chatter on the board.

I agree with both Glad and Vesselin.

The problem is that The Wire continues to grow exponentially, and eventually some threads become unwieldy. Miss Moneypenny created a thread over on LOB extracting just the TA related comments from yesterday and found that they were only 30% of the thread, making it difficult for those who are interested to mine for ideas.

This is a valid point.

By the same token, the humor and chit chat here does help to break the tension and having fun is the primary purpose of the board. I treasure this very much. Laughter is the most important thing!

This thread IS close to becoming unwieldy. I think that there's nothing wrong with having a separate thread dedicated to TA posts and discussion with little chit chat, but I would not want to change the nature of Intraday Stool, i.e. both useful TA and funny mental content and humor. If a separate TA only thread were to be opened, some posters would post their thoughts here because they like to be here where the action is, and some would post on the other thread, which would have more the scholarly atmosphere of the MIT library.

The bottom line is that I have no objection to the idea, but I'd need someone to take charge. Fokker and Moneypenney (sounds like a law firm) have indicated an interest. Let me here form you and we can discuss the logistics of where to put the thread if you want to do it.

Doc

However, retail sales excluding motor vehicles and parts soared 1.3 percent, the largest increase since matching that in September 2000 and beating expectations for a 0.5 percent rise.

So, when autos help retail sales we don't mention it, but when they hurt, we discount the fact? :blink:

Retail sales rose because of increasing sales of plastic wrap and duct tape. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Net is like TV, mindless site surfing between Jerry Springer, public TV and Double Jeopardy. Not all information is intellectual. One will surf for one's subconscious needs most of the time; smattered with the intermittent reality of trying to make money.

Point being, don't know what I'll do until I try it. Separate threads may work, may not. The viewers will tell us/you. Doesn't hurt to try, does it? (Just not too many mouse clicks, please).

guten tag liebe stoolies!

futures already topped out. Another pop in the cash, than down?

i really laugh my ass off when i se those pictures about paranoid americans put their whole house into a duct tape wonderland! :lol:

my oh my, this orange alert thing is the same like valentinsday: Orange alert was invented by the retailers that people buy stuff they dont need, just like valentinsday which was invented by the florists. :lol: :lol:

"i am not willing to pay for YOUR mass paranoia", dunno who said that, but sounds good. :lol:

The Best Law Firm Name of All Time................

DEWEY, CHEATUM & HOWE.................................

Sounds almost like what the privately held Fed should change its name to...............

Speaking of professional firms like this, I noticed the announcement on Crapvision that JPM has greatly strengtened its security level. They must be expecting an increase in clients visiting around tax time. :D

Sigmoidy, babeee, wuz dat YEW who posted that MOST IRREVERENT AND IMPERTINENT SATIRICAL px of HRFF plastered to a Wall w duct tape here, 'long' ago? LOL :P

1000 posts? Congratz! (The BARE thinx, thatiz.)

BARE is closing in on 5000 posts much to his HORRIFIED AMAZEMENT. In his more dour moments he wonders just what PERCENTAGE of 'em have been SUBSTANTIVE!!! :huh:

LMAZZOFF :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh. wherewuzzi?

yeah. BARE is still WAY behind the Doc-ster's 14,000 and just gets tired THINKING about catching up/coming close to such a figure! pant, pant! :blink: :rolleyes:

Say, this DUCT TAPE idea is almost ass econmically stimulative as the Y2K scare! LOLOL

HMMmmmm.... that fellow in THE GRADUATE shurrrre was prescient, wot? ("PlASStics !!!)

And WHO around here objects to ORANGE alerts???!*%#@!!??? :angry:

That's one of HRFF's alma mater's COLORS dagnabbit! LOL

Archived