Yet Another SG Lesson Well Worth Repeating

. . flag_at_half_mast.gif

SG says

24.49 was a brief AH print last night on QQQ, it closed below that though...

SG again says 985 is max NDX retrace, or 24.49...

The poster will go unnamed, but one of the stoolies is an almost contrarian indicator when he-she gets nervous about a pump, ... thats emotions getting in the way there... E waves take those out to the garbage where they belong. You never make money trading on emotions... period... watching the futures, or pre market, or after hours is a waste of time. Understanding the pattern of the waves allows me to realize its all noise and the pattern will continue in my favor ultimately... any upside here is short, brief, and over fast...

Weight is to the downside, we may have already filled the NDX gap last night, we shall see... Thursday and Friday should begin a hard downturn. The 6% down day is nigh...

Speaking for myself, there are times, sometimes long periods of times I don't even have my quotes running - I fully believe in and practice what Pile said the other day regarding the principle of Management by Exception. Prevents me from developing a case of uptick-downtick mentality which if it did, of course, would preclude me from making these twice a day offerings to you. :)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I get an amen to the start of this thread??

That said, SG simply realizes the retrace is higher than I expected. When have you heard this before in the past 7 days??? heh heh

Fibo retraces on E waves are usually... 38.2, 50, 61.8, or 78.6% of a prior leg down.

24.88 is a 61.8% FIBO retrace , we got within 2 cents.

Why was I off today??? Because I only expected a 38.2 retrace...

So, big deal... I can allow for higher retraces and I wont get scared and cover here... this is typical wave topping action...

Hysterical action that even makes the E waves tricky... but not my emotions... Im sitting tight....

Wave 3s are notorious for the volatile whipsaw activity no? Up +20 one session, down -35 the next, all intended to blow out the shorts and suck in the longs. I've got a trained stomach for this now and fully take advantage of every opportunity that presents itself. Seperates the sheep from wolf IMO..

Wave 3s are notorious for the volatile whipsaw activity no? Up +20 one session, down -35 the next, all intended to blow out the shorts and suck in the longs. I've got a trained stomach for this now and fully take advantage of every opportunity that presents itself. Seperates the sheep from wolf IMO..

yepper, will be a real white-knuckler.

Archived