B4 The Bell Thursday October 7

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cousin Earl 52.90 dollah!

Bring out the cowbells Roid! :lol:

It traded to $53.00 intraday.

Remember the 'bad tick' yesterday at $52.50? It was revisited, per the old floor traders rule.

Oil Shock III is starting to bite. The Crapvision bug was changed from "Crude Oil" to "Crude Alert."

They are doing their part to "Whip Inflation Now." :lol:

DJ Tsy Quarles: China Should Move Faster To Flexible Forex

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--U.S. Treasury officials are pressing China to move more quickly to a flexible exchange rate system, a shift that would allow more flexible exchange rates across Asia, U.S. Treasury Assistant Secretary of International Affairs Randal Quarles said Thursday.

"With its rapid economic growth and massive foreign exchange reserves, China is in a position to move quickly to a market-based exchange rate regime," Quarles told members of the National Association of Manufacturers, a group that has pressed the Bush Administration to take a hard line with China on the issue. U.S. manufacturers have said China's currency peg to the U.S. dollar undervalues the Chinese yuan and unfairly cheapens Chinese exports.

Dow Jones Newswires

Remember the 'bad tick' yesterday at $52.50? It was revisited, per the old floor traders rule.

Oil Shock III is starting to bite. The Crapvision bug was changed from "Crude Oil" to "Crude Alert."

I thought Stephen Roach said that reccession will arrive in 2005 if oil stay at $50 for more than three months.

JUst noticed the debate is Friday p.m.    Hmm  Alex I will take non farm payrolls for + 700,000

Alex, I will take non farm payrolls for + 7,000,000.

If you are going to lie, why not make it a whopper.

That no inflation lie has worked pretty well so far.

Funny you should mention bad ticks- when I turned on my machine this AM around 7, QQQ was quoted -.55 at 36.13 for about 5 mins on IB before it returned to current levels. 36.13 is fib support and just above yday's 36.11 low. Portentious, I suspect.

Archived