Market Sneaks Out Side Door

Bontchev posted a link on Machinehead Does Japan, LOB, about an Aussie in Iceland... very funny albeit lengthy read..

http://pferrie.tripod.com/life/iceland.htm

More excerpts:

Part 3 - "There are two other foreigners in this company - both from Bulgaria."

Part 6 - "My office is between Fridr?k's and Vesselin's... It hasn't been a problem so far, but I have the sympathy of the rest of the staff, because those two are so demanding."

Aha! Aha! Dr. Bontchev, I presume.

Didn't find any dirt on Vesselin yet, but give me time ... it's a long link. :lol:

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about that one for my new avatar?

cpusateddybear.jpg

"Commie bear! It's the Communist Party USA logo on a teddy bear. Click image to shop for a variety of items sporting the CPUSA gear - hammer - sickle logo"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Foxie, don't do it. I've come to associate the Yogi Bear avatar with you, such that it's become an integral part of the Fxfox personality. I fear that seeing some wussie blond commie bear in its stead would be very harmful to my constitution.

ok, fokker.

But maybe in the weeks before 2004 election i will be forecd to change the avatar and put the commie bear instead of it. Just as a protest. :lol:

I wonder weith whom the democrats will come up with? How about such a wanna be GOP shill like Lieberman? Buuuuuuhh! :angry: <_<

WOLANCHUK'S LATEST: DOW 16K IN A MATTER OF MONTHS

$2000 GOLD

the coming world wide explosion in democracy and free enterprise is in the early stages of being discounted by gold the canadian buck ...the US equity market etc etc....the inflationary world wide economic boom of unparalled proportions will see the naz well above 20k and the dow well above 40 k...16 k in the dow will be reached in a matter of months....the canada buck is headed to above par....gold to 2000......so it is written ...so it shall be....the long suffering bears who fought the bull of the90.s will now get religion and a really true bubble mania where this time bears will not exist is dead ahead......to believe otherwise is to admit that independent thinking is not part of your makeup....

WOLANCHUK'S LATEST: DOW 16K IN A MATTER OF MONTHS

$2000 GOLD

the coming world wide explosion in democracy and free enterprise is in the early stages of being discounted by gold the canadian buck ...the US equity market etc etc....the inflationary world wide economic boom of unparalled proportions will see the naz well above 20k and the dow well above 40 k...16 k in the dow will be reached in a matter of months....the canada buck is headed to above par....gold to 2000......so it is written ...so it shall be....the long suffering bears who fought the bull of the90.s will now get religion and a really true bubble mania where this time bears will not exist is dead ahead......to believe otherwise is to admit that independent thinking is not part of your makeup....

After reading Bill Bonner's Financial Reckoning book over the weekend, I came to the conclusion that the Fed has only one way out of this mess.

Massive inflation.

Its the only reason I can think of why stocks are continually bid up while the dollar tanks.

Investors must be frontrunning the coming Inflation Train by trying to outrun the future inflation rate by gunning stocks up 2x or 3x as fast.

If that's the case, gold has a long way to catch up...........

Will be interesting to see if we get the Month End Markup and the First of Month Buying Spree, or if the stocks are currently being marked up on no volume so Da Boyz can dump them in January.

Things are rapidly coming to a head. Tensions are rising.

We'll see which way it breaks.

Earlier this evening, Wrecked Him was fiddling around with some annotations and saw some interesting patterns which I thought worth posting here. While we've seen many fractals proposed on various boards we've never actually seen one materialize and we're therefore somewhat dubious about their merits other than food for thought.... anyway, that said, he put together the following two charts:

1. SPX from March to August 2000.

2. BPSPX from August 2003 to the present. Note that this line appears almost horizontal on a bigger timeframe, but is nicely differentiated here.

What they have in common are nine distinct waves: the first is the highest, followed by a sharp drop; then two smallish lower peaks; another strong push up, though with less momentum than the first; and finally one peak almost as high as the first. In the case of the SPX in 2000, recall that it was lights out almost immediately after that.

PS: WH says the fact that he spotted it, is an ironclad guarantee that it won't pan out the same way this time round. :D :D :D

post-7-1072495802.gif

Wndy, I haven't read Bonner, but I have been leaning towards the same conclusion. Whichever way it unravels, the overleveraged, undercapitalized middle class is likely to be left holding the bag. But as far as I can see, inflation is the only way that politicians have any hope of surviving the coming crisis. That is why they will be pulling the ropes desperately in that direction.

That said, I do wonder about the deflationary forces we are currently experiencing. Perhaps a new stagflation variant is in the works. I certainly think we are seeing stagflation now even though Greenspan euphemistically (and to my mind, incorrectly) couches his observations in language that suggests the two forces are in balance.

One thing is for sure: we shouldn't expect the inflation to be the vanilla version we remember from the eighties. Life seldom works out so neatly that history repeats itself on cue.

After reading Bill Bonner's Financial Reckoning book over the weekend, I came to the conclusion that the Fed has only one way out of this mess.

Massive inflation.

Its the only reason I can think of why stocks are continually bid up while the dollar tanks.

Investors must be frontrunning the coming Inflation Train by trying to outrun the future inflation rate by gunning stocks up 2x or 3x as fast.

Will be interesting to see if we get the Month End Markup and the First of Month Buying Spree, or if the stocks are currently being marked up on no volume so Da Boyz can dump them in January.

The FED works for whoever is in the Oval Office. They will inflate like crazy and keep the market propped as long as they can to get the bushman re-selected. Their biggest problem has to been keep hidding the inflation so they just cook the books. Your average Joe-6 is going to get killed twice. First by runaway prices and then later by the debt deflation. No sacrifice is too big for the moron prince. B)

Massive inflation.

Mark the system is inflate or die...inflation has and always has been the only choice or "way out"...for 40+ years now...but there is no way out...it is impossible...postponement of the inevitable yes...escape from the inevitable no...

The required amount of debt inflation to support the money supply which is composed entirely of debt you and everyone else is dependant on for existance must be maintained or inflated forever...

Soon the required amount of debt inflation will become "infinite" Does the Fed owe someone? does the Government owe someone? the only people who owe are the 100's of millions of consumers and unless they are given the power to create money out of thin air then they will eventually run out of the ability to support debt inflation...The process is already in full swing...

And anyone who thinks interest rates can be dropped infinitely past zero to support infinite debt inflation is a super braindead fvcked up moron of epic magnitude...To believe otherwise is to admit that independent thinking is not part of your makeup...

The just think positive inflation forever religion is very powerful...

The religion of the denial of truth...

Eventually the system will run out of victims to sustain the financial suicide human wave attacks against the 40 year debt deflationary onslaught...

Useless info...

Your average Joe-6 is going to get killed twice. First by runaway prices and then later by the debt deflation. No sacrifice is too big for the moron prince.

Bankruptcy J6P will file; no more middle-class America will have. Moron prince is nothing but a foot soldier of the Dark Lord, who also rule the parties of Republican and Democratic; the fiction writers of the Supreme Court and print and televised news; the manipulators of the financial and trade markets; the Gods of Churches Worldwide. No place escapes the control and monitor of the Dark Lord, whom Nobody knows his or her identiy or whereabout.

I shall rest, as I insult all organized institutions in one sentence.

Hyper - if the marketplace believed that enough return could be had simply through the depreciation of the dollar (as it manifests via home price appreciation, commod price appreciation, etc.), couldn't the system hold together for quite a few more years in spite of rising interest rates? For example, who cares if it costs 5% in fed funds to borrow short when the dollar itself is losing 10% per year against real assets? This seems to be what happened in the seventies and early eighties - credit expansion proceeded apace in spite of rising interest rates because everything else was rising faster in percentage terms - the returns were still net positive. It made sense to borrow and buy anything since the dollar was recently untethered - even if interest rates rose, until the point came where inflation was beyond the liking of the authorities, and it was subsequently snuffed out.

Archived