B4 The Bell Humpday August 11

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
THE VIEW OF AL QAEDA IS 'anybody but Bush?"

Who said that? Why did they say that? Who did they hear that from? Why is there no attribution for this source?

You mean you haven't seen the bumper sticker? That's the source.

Why did they say it - because anybody could be your worst enemy.

Below is something I posted on another board last night that I think makes sense.  I can look and see thtat the strength of the bulls is not strong..I can look at the marke and say we have a wave 5....but we really don't have to get sophisticated about the situation right now.....

To make it simple...because that is what I am....

1. Fed interest rates are rising

2. Economy is showing signs of weakness

3. Leading econmic indicator was down

What else does one have to think about? Isn't it plain and clear that stock markets typically do not go up under these conditions. What will change...what can change.....how could it be a good time to invest in stocks?

Only that the economy picks up and shows self-sustaining growth and profits increase more than expected.

Is that a good bet now? The slowing economy tells me that the fed is out in front of the economy in the wrong direction. I don't think this argument has to get any deeper than this?

What am I missing?

The economy does not drive the stock market. Diminishing liquidity causes both the stock market and the economy to decline more or less concurrently. In the financial economy, there is little or no lag. You are correct that any tightening by the Fed now would be disastrous, but the fact is that Easy Al is as easy as he's ever been. The rate nonsense is a red herring. They are pumping like sonofabitches because monetary growth has stalled.

Guest yobob1
The German DAX index is trading at fresh 8-month lows this morning.

It's actually a pretty good leading indicator for the U.S. market ... trades like the Naz or the SOX ... highly speculative, volatile and emotional.

........and loaded with stocks that couldn't show a profit if their main product was cash.

Bong Yields Near Bottom

Buck As High As He Gets

Uncle Buck and the Long Bong Hit, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Take a subscribatory and get the latest whiff of Uncle Buck and the Long Bong Hit.

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Thought for the day - a work in progress. Receipts unfortunately are recovering. Another term for GWB and more tax breaks for the wealthy should stop that nonsense.

deficit.gif

Great charts, Bastiat. Thanks!

Note that nominal GDP is growing about 6% p.a. So the meager 2% positive change in receipts (blue line) is still four percentage points short of merely keeping up with economic growth.

The implication of the chart is that the gap between outlays vs. receipts is decreasing. I seem to remember that costs of ME Adventures (and one can only imagine what else)

after Oct are not yet budgeted:

Is there a reason to believe that the trend, as implied will not reverse? and quickly?

The implication of the chart is that the gap between outlays vs. receipts is decreasing. I seem to remember that costs of ME Adventures (and one can only imagine what else)

after Oct are not yet budgeted:

Is there a reason to believe that the trend, as implied will not reverse? and quickly?

Careful ... those are rates of change (first derivatives).

If expenditures keep growing at 7% while receipts grow at 2%, the gap is widening by 5% per annum.

Not till the lines cross does the gap start narrowing ... :o

NasTrash premarket heatmap not working

http://screening.nasdaq.com/heatmaps/heatmap_pmi.asp

Must have overheated!

:lol:

It must be Doc's new firewall.

Doc must have Swoggled the toggles, demultiplexed the hex and I wouldn't be surprised if he flipped the flops.

Wow - looks like Nasty will be as fugly as a bulldog eating a cactus. Glad I held my RYAIXs.

Archived