Extraordinary Volatility

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"There are some events in life where the consequences could be so devastating, that we must use every tool at our disposal to attempt to prevent them from happening. The US Federal Reserve is currently waging such a war and if they lose, I shudder to think about the consequences that would result." - Jim Shepherd of The Shepherd Investment Strategist

FWIW, he called the '87 crash. Sounds like he's not quite ready for another crash call just yet, but close.

From The Friday Nite Quickie Edition off the Weak End Anals

Investors Intelligence reported on 11/12 Bears fell to 20.4% from 21.4% last week. Bulls rose to 57.3% from 56.3%. Beginning in June, this is the longest period of extreme bullishness since prior to the August 1987 top. Extreme bullishness is a necessary prerequisite for a big market decline, and these certainly are historic extremes, but they don't tell us when the break will come. This kind of exuberance not only represents, but actually creates the kind of conditions that can lead to a crash.?

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

"There are some events in life where the consequences could be so devastating, that we must use every tool at our disposal to attempt to prevent them from happening. The US Federal Reserve is currently waging such a war and if they lose, I shudder to think about the consequences that would result." - Jim Shepherd of The Shepherd Investment Strategist

FWIW, he called the '87 crash. Sounds like he's not quite ready for another crash call just yet, but close.

Anyone know what's up with DROOY the laggard?

:angry:

Anyone know what's up with DROOY the laggard?

:angry:

Strength of the South African rand is acting as a weight.

Tyler Mathison is standing in for George Washington tonight.

He's like the perfect replacement. Looks nice and is so completely stupid, he'll never swerve off-script/off-message, which is, "BUY STOCKS!"

He is the Ted Baxter of televised bullhorning.

Well, the bullish hubris is deafening.

On top of CokeBoy's appearance on the Rush Limbaugh show, this is from Alan Farley at RM.com from 2 days ago

"Let me say it as undiscreetly as possible. Anyone who thinks this bull market is even close to being over is out of their minds. No need for arguments. Look at the gosh darn ticker tape. It says higher. That's all anyone needs to know. I really worry that the permabears will keep folks from making the big money they can make over the next year, because they're hiding under their matresses waiting for Armageddon. Here a hint: every permabear I know talks his or her position. Translated: no bearishness = no following, no newsletter subs, no hedgie investors"

My comment. Those damn permabears and their 300% CDE one-year gains.

LOL. What an idiot.

I'm shocked and dismayed. The first trading textbook I ever purchased was The Master Swing Trader by an elegant, insightful writer named Alan S. Farley. I can't believe that the drivelous tripe bearing his name on that awful website was actually written by the same man. Shame. Looks pretty Dover Sole on integrity.

Wow.

On Wall Street with George Washington, special guest Foster Freiss (pronounced just like my favorite place for bananna milkshakes) just argued that the government's numbers are full of crap; that the hedonic pricing of computers allowed them to claim $30 billion in sales when there was only $6 billion; that no one believes there was 7% growth last quarter; that declaring "economic improvement" allows the gov'ment to add arbitrarily 30K jobs it doesn't have to measure; and that AMAT earing 50 cents next year makes it ridiculously overpriced.

How did this guy get booked on Crapvision?!

Archived