• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stocks Jump on Bargain-Hunting

By Eric Gillin

Staff Reporter

12/16/2002 04:07 PM EST

Updated from 3:16 p.m. EST

After ending last week on a down note, U.S. equities closed higher Monday as bargain-hunters took note of a bullish equity reallocation at Lehman Brothers.

According to preliminary data, the Dow Jones Industrial Average added 193 points, or 2.3%, to 8627.19. The Nasdaq gained 37.91 points, or 2.8%, to 1400.33, and the S&P 500 gained 20 points, or 2.4%, to 910.36.

Im going to have to say this again

Markets move based on psychology, and changes in investor emotions.

It has nothing or little to do with data or numbers, or whatever it is each day.

If you learn E Waves reasonably well, you will eliminate most mistakes (not all) and understand when to enter and exit your trades on the indices.

That said... below was Prechter's groups take on Friday night last week...

This rally today although not expected by me, doesnt really screw me up because I can pretty much know when to re-enter a short position now by using Fibonacci and E Wave counts...

If both the Dow and S&P rally above Wednesday's highs, then we may have to change our near-term opinion. These highs are 8625 in the Dow and 909 in the S&P. As long as they remain intact, we are bearish.;

My take is Im staying out of the way for now... the direction will be down in q1 03 for sure, but short term this move up today indicates my option 2 is happening, which is Leg 1 down ended Friday... and leg 2 up will probably end soon.... but not quite yet....

Sorry... first italicized sentence was mine, last few were prechter's group.

Note, the indices did not violate his stops... yet....

am i missing somthing? ....i show spx close of 910.41 ans dow close of 8627.40

As someone here mentioned it is all about time frames. One bad day? Of course they will always make to tough on the shorts. But how about the genus over on the long side( 99.5% of the population)? I still have a healthy positive return for the year. That is something the cats at fido or putnam sure can not claim. THink about what is like to be some herd following fund manager, just another 20+% losing year. Must keep it all in perspective.

SCAM WEEK

Today we screw the puts, tomorrow we screw the calls.

the shorts must attack, thats for sure.

DAX closed at 3205, res level is at around 3260/70, it will go there in the morning, cause they will pirce in that USA did go further up in last 2 hours (DAX closes at 2pm new york), exactly at that level it will be monster style overbought in the hourlies. That could be the starting point for a good downmove, i expect another test of 3000 in DAX this week.

tomorrow should be interesting

good night! B)

Archived