To bottom or not to bottom, that is the question

=DJ Tsy, Fed Hold 3 Bailout Oversight Mtgs, But No Details

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson has promised

that a $700 billion financial industry rescue would be transparent.

But his department has yet to disclose details about the first three

meetings of the Financial Stability Oversight Board, one of several entities

Congress created to watch over the government bailout, the most dramatic

government intervention in the markets since the Great Depression. The program

has quickly evolved from a plan to purchase troubled bank assets into one that

also will inject about $250 billion in capital into the nation's financial

institutions.

The board met on Oct. 7, Oct. 13 and again on Wednesday. It is charged with

reviewing actions taken by the Treasury in connection with the rescue program

and making recommendations on how the department should use the authority it

was granted under the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act, which was signed

into law earlier this month.

The panel includes Paulson, Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben Bernanke,

Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Christopher Cox, Federal Housing

Finance Authority Director James Lockhart and Department of Housing and Urban

Development Secretary Steve Preston.

Paulson onOct. 8 said Treasury is "committed to transparency in all aspects

of the program." But attempts by Dow Jones Newswires to learn details of the

board discussions haven't been successful.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mish at globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com presented such a graph:

spxtargetzx7.png

Opinion of one of the polish traders (przecinek.usa) replied:

(transleted from polish)

"This graph present complicated structure of 5 waves, which suit fine my concept of three-wave structure

For me, 1-2-3 is just 1 till today. 3-4 + 4-5 represents my 2 and 3. There is a huge possibility that this will not occue beceause it will mean armagedon.

I believe that the market will pick up two times to present a new 5 wave structure.

This is how it goes:

3-4 will be much longer and would takes us much, much higher. In theory even DJI 14.000(!!!). My target is 11.000. At that point the wave will die.

4-5 (at the presented graph by Mish) will be very long and flat and eventually bring us to more or less 5.000 at DJI. This will take a lots of time, one more year or more.

Then, we will have a small bounce, maybe 10-15% and then we will drop to 5.000."

What DO YOU think about it?

I was shocked to read in the latest time that when under 2-YO baby McCain was in tantrums his parents used to fill the bathtub with cold water and throw him there in full clothes. Later on, it was sufficient to just fill the tube to make him stop.

This guy endured torture twice in his life, both for a prolonged periods of time.

It's amazing how much strength he had to overcome all this, but I'm sure he has some devils in his head. Could be a hidden desire to repeat a horrible situation and win again and again. I'm also sure that he has some hidden hate for which he can't properly formulate a target. But his words "I will fight" indicate that he is in a constant search for an object of fight.

The highs continue to be lower, and the cycle times (the time between the peaks) is gettign logarithmically shorter.

Disclosure:  max short via SDS.

703499[/snapback]

The carnage continued this week. We didn't just test new lows this week, we set new ones closing on the Dow, SP, Nasdaq. Limit down this am as the world crashed was a first for this downtrend. I'm not sure how we avoided the landslide, but my charts have that waterfall look to them. I bought 500 SDS in the closing minutes just to have some skin in the game. My bet is down this weekend/Monday.

Mish at globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com presented such a graph:

spxtargetzx7.png

Opinion of one of the polish traders (przecinek.usa) replied:

(transleted from polish)

"This graph present complicated structure of 5 waves, which suit fine my concept of three-wave structure

For me, 1-2-3 is just 1 till today. 3-4 + 4-5 represents my 2 and 3. There is a huge possibility that this will not occue beceause it will mean armagedon.

I believe that the market will pick up two times to present a new 5 wave structure.

This is how it goes:

3-4 will be much longer and would takes us much, much higher. In theory even DJI 14.000(!!!). My target is 11.000. At that point the wave will die.

4-5 (at the presented graph by Mish) will be very long and flat and eventually bring us to more or less 5.000 at DJI. This will take a lots of time, one more year or more.

Then, we will have a small bounce, maybe 10-15% and then we will drop to 5.000."

What DO YOU think about it?

703583[/snapback]

May have misunderstood you, but I'd definitely be looking for a 5-wave impulsive structure out of the Oct 2007 top, with 3 (or possibly 5) as the longest wave.

Both the time and price level on that chart make general sense. Of course, we could go to 600 next week, but sorta doubt it.

The carnage continued this week.  We didn't just test new lows this week, we set new ones closing on the Dow, SP, Nasdaq.  Limit down this am as the world crashed was a first for this downtrend.  I'm not sure how we avoided the landslide, but my charts have that waterfall look to them.  I bought 500 SDS in the closing minutes just to have some skin in the game.  My bet is down this weekend/Monday.

703590[/snapback]

Had that same trade teed up at 3:55 and held off. Didn't feel right for some reason. May regret it.

Been erring on the conservative side lately with overnight holdings.

Archived