Night Stool

richmtn

We've moved Night Stool back over to the main board page for easier navigation. Please feel free to add what you want onto the thread. Only one rule on Night Stool.

No Whining

post-2-1039072278.jpg

If the live charts don't update you need to refresh your screen.

We don't know and neither do they. Doc

Economic Calendar

Calendar

Earnings Calendar

Market Summary and Diary, Adv Dec by Volume and Issues, New Highs and Lows

https://www.bigcharts.com/custom/scottrade-...com/markets.asp

FT World News

Foreign Exchange Rates - Major Currencies

CRB Index

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$CRB,uu[305,adacayacd][pb20!]b50[dg].gif

CRB Components

World Indices

The Big One. Almost everthing at a glance. THE Big Picture.

The Big One

Money Flow and Mr. Market. Follow the Money.

TOCOM Heavy Metal and Commodes

Globex Flash Quotes

MRCI Quotes Quotes Quotes

NDX Future

nd_futures.png

NDX Futures Link

S&P 500 Future

sp_futures.png

S&P Futures Link

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The joke of the night

A son asks his father, "What can you tell me about politics? I have to learn about it for school tomorrow." The father thought some and said, "OK, son, the best way I can describe politics is to use an analogy. Let's say that I'm a capitalist because I'm the breadwinner. Your mother will be the government because she controls everything, our maid will be the working class because she works for us, you will be the people because you answer to us, and your baby brother will be the future. Does that help any?" The little boy said, "Well, Dad, I don't know, but I'll think about what you said."

Later that night, after everyone had gone to bed, the little boy was awaken by his baby brother's crying. Upon further investigation, he found a dirty diaper. So, he went down the hall to his parent's bedroom and found his father's side of the bed empty and his mother wouldn't wake up. Then he saw a light on in the guest room down the hall, and when he reached the door, he saw through the crack that his father was in bed with the maid. The son then turned and went back to bed.

The next morning, he said to his father at the breakfast table, "Dad, I think I understand politics much better now." "Excellent, my boy," he answered, "What have you learned?" The little boy thought for a minute and said, "I learned that capitalism is screwing the working class, government is sound asleep ignoring the people, and the future's full of crap."

Here is a chart I've been playing with. Shows the relationship of the Q's to the QQV. I've got it inverted so that up is up and down is down. As you can see the line coordinates with the cash market. It shows the Feb.-March rally and subsequent decline. If you would have ridden this line you would have done very well indeed. Close examination shows it gives advance warning of direction changes. Whops! It looks like we just had one and there is plenty of room below. :D

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=qqq:$qqv,uu[m,a]wallnnay[d20011205,20021231][pc9!c5][iuh5,3!la12,26,9].png

Good one Easy Al. Thanks.

Here are two charts of the Nasty. They are the same but one is more of a close-up. The 50% regression channel covers two years. The stochastic and 29 day rate of change represent the 10-13 week cycles and seems to be heading lower finally. The 17 day rate of change representing the 6-7 week cycle it clicked up today.

If you look closely at the chart there is a red 11 day simple moving average and a green 6 day ma with a 3 day displacement. I hope you're not color blind. The green line crossing over the red has given good signals especially for confirmation of other indicators. The green 6 day ma is fast and closely matches the actually cash index. But, it has avoided a number of whipsaws that you would have gotten by just using the index and the red simple ma. Notice that we have crossed over in the last few days. DOWN.

Longer chart:

post-2-1039144964_thumb.jpg

Watching the markets on this downswing I get the feeling that I am witnessing distribution. They are letting the air out of this pig slowly. The boyz don't want to alarm the suckers and the gummit doesn't want to ruin the shopping season.

Players are edging closer to the door. Money is shifting from equities back to bonds. COT reports show the smart money slowly getting shorter.

It's like watching a great card manipulator. It can be very difficult to see him cheat but the results are visible. The suckers still play three card Monty even though it's obvious they can't win. Ever see Penn and Teller. They show you what they are doing and still amaze.

The good news is that the bears appear to be on the same side as the boyz for now. If we are then we just have to bare knuckle the ride. Do not underestimate them. They are not out of ammo. Decide what your time frame is and trade it.

I hope you are a member and have access to Doc's Anals. I wouldn't trade without it.

I purchased Metastock thru Doc and will try to load and learn it this weekend. I hope to start an intermediate trading forum over here on Night Stool. Real charts, real trades. I hope y'all will help out so that we can learn together. I'm talking Hurst cycles here. I will look to try to catch the meat of the longer moves. Maybe even some short term hedging against the longer position.

Rich:

Just sent you an email asking about the program you used to create those great charts. You just answered my question :huh:

I would be very interested in your charting project. Another great stoolie idea!

Intermediate term trading is where my interests lie. I'm using Rydex funds and don't expect to be as nimble as someone like Simple Guy. Also, I really don't want to spend that much time with the daily ups and downs as I already spend too much time here getting a eductation in the way of the stool :lol:). About 1/2 hour in the evening to check the trends and read and write a post or two would be about right for me.

Archived