B4 the Bell, Freedomday, Aug. 13, 2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am reading in Russian newspapers the biggest oil byer is United States.

Thay expect 60 -65 $ for barrel. I thing this could explain trade deficit.

FWIW Louise Yamada expects $67. First, I keep hearing rumors that the strategic reserve will be tapped. Or should we begin calling it the oil market stabilization reserve?

I am reading in  Russian newspapers the biggest oil byer is United States.

Thay expect 60 -65 $ for barrel. I thing this could explain trade deficit.

FWIW Louise Yamada expects $67. First, I keep hearing rumors that the strategic reserve will be tapped. Or should we begin calling it the oil market stabilization reserve?

How 'bout the Black Hole?

The earl checks in, but it never checks out ... :lol:

Reports: Bush tax cuts help rich

Congressional Budget Office says tax burden fell for those making $1M, increased for lower levels.

August 13, 2004: 7:22 AM EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters) - President George W. Bush's tax cuts have transferred the federal tax burden from the richest Americans to middle-class families, with one-third of the cuts benefiting people with the top 1 percent of income, according to a government report cited in newspapers Friday.

The Congressional Budget Office report, to be released Friday, is likely to fuel the debate over the cuts between Bush and his Democratic challenger in November, Sen. John Kerry.

The report said the top 1 percent, with incomes averaging $1.2 million per year, will receive an average $78,460 tax cut this year, and have seen their share of the total tax burden fall roughly 2 percentage points to 20.1 percent, according to The New York Times.

In contrast, households in the middle 20 percent, with incomes averaging $57,000 per year, will receive an average cut of only $1,090, the newspaper said, citing the CBO report.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/08/13/news/econo...ion_taxes.reut/

Re: oil

Have the bozos stopped blaming the speculators yet?

When will they begin to blame the Fed and the administration for artificially goosing demand thus creating boom conditions in China, India and elsewhere in an effort to stem the natural forces of post-bubble liquidation?

When will they begin to blame the Fed and the administration for artificially goosing demand thus creating boom conditions in China, India and elsewhere in an effort to stem the natural forces of post-bubble liquidation?

I think the oil market is among the most self-deluded in existence.

Look at the 10 year forward contracts.

$28/bbl?

Only in the wildest global depression ever. Maybe.

Some vast assumptions were made...strategic assumptions which have not panned out. All of those points you made are of course true, but Rumsfeld guaranteed unlimited oil supply from Iraq, followed by the takeove of Iran and Venezuela, thereby assuring "managed" oil prices under the control of his Royal Anus, Dick Cheney.

Rumsfeld was the weak link in the strategy. The whole plan will fail because of his hubris and arrogance...not to mention an Arab population who don't seem to take to kindly to ultimatums.

Bong Smoking

Uncle Buck Gets Smashed

Uncle Buck and the Long Bong Hit, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Take a subscribatory and get the latest whiff of Uncle Buck and the Long Bong Hit.

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

The "Mea Culpa" from the Washington Post on their failed pre-war coverage leaves me cold.

In retrospect, said Executive Editor Leonard Downie Jr., "we were so focused on trying to figure out what the administration was doing that we were not giving the same play to people who said it wouldn't be a good idea to go to war and were questioning the administration's rationale. Not enough of those stories were put on the front page. That was a mistake on my part."

Across the country, "the voices raising questions about the war were lonely ones," Downie said. "We didn't pay enough attention to the minority."

Lonely?

Maybe Downie should have peeked out his window at the largest peace-time demonstration(s) ever held in US history.

They happened right in his town, right outside his building.

Kinda hard to miss, wouldn't you say Downie?

Lonely?

I believe there's a special place in hell for revisionists. The WaPo staff just earned a spot.

Archived