B4 The Bell Moonday November 1

oil down $2.26!!!

BWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAA!!

Technically driven my ass.

anyone with half a brain nows this IS TOTAL MANIPULATION AND A DOWNRIGHT DESPERATION ATTEMPT AND SEIZING AN ELECTION

Soros and Pickens are fighting it out in the oil futures pits over the future of the world.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Airline stocks turn higher on falling crude oil prices ($XAL) By Matt Andrejczak

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) -- Airline stocks turned higher in late morning trading Monday after crude-oil futures sank to $50.25 on the New York Mercantile Exchange. The Amex Airline Index ($XAL) rose nearly 2 percent to 50.37. Of the 10 index stocks, Southwest Airlines (LUV) was the only loser. It lost 37 cents to $15.40.

bullhorn.jpg

Airline stocks turn higher on falling crude oil prices ($XAL) By Matt Andrejczak

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) -- Airline stocks turned higher in late morning trading Monday after crude-oil futures sank to $50.25 on the New York Mercantile Exchange. The Amex Airline Index ($XAL) rose nearly 2 percent to 50.37. Of the 10 index stocks, Southwest Airlines (LUV) was the only loser. It lost 37 cents to $15.40.

bullhorn.jpg

Funny how the trannies needed saving - and oil suddenly obliged.

Epic coincidence!

The Nigerian Oil Minister blames the strike on - high energy prices - and supports the strike!

"Unions are striking as they think oil prices at pumps are still high because we have deregulated the oil sector," Okonjo-Iweala told Dow Jones Newswires. "They want (the Nigerian government) to bring oil prices down... but we think it's a good policy, so we're in dialogue with them to make sure that we understand each other and that (they understand) we are planning to put in measures to cushion the impact oil prices may have."

The Nigerian government has recently unveiled a series of measures aimed at cushioning the effects of high fuel prices on ordinary Nigerians, including a series of grants to some regions and import tax reductions. But the measures didn't include the lowering of pump prices demanded by the union, prompting it to go ahead with the planned strike.

"There's absolutely no reason whey they shouldn't go on strike if they don't like what their government does," Okonjo-Iweala said.

If unions stage a strike, it would be the second nationwide strike in less than a month.

As for the current crude oil prices, "they are still very high," she said.

"We're not in favor of high oil prices because we import lots of our refined oil products."

A member of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, Nigeria produces about 2.5 million barrels daily and is the world's seventh largest oil exporter. But the country has limited refinery capacity and is therefore suffering from higher import prices of refined oil products.

sorry no link.

the Republican Party has committed a profound error of judgement.

Becoming famous as the party attempting to block Americans from their Constitutionally guaranteed right to vote is going to piss people off...big time!

Don't give up yet Doc...it ain't over til it's over.

HB:

Should we believe any of the government's numbers that lead to the contention that the economy remains in good shape? Do you accept them as accurate?

No, because personal income statitics are usually reported on a cash basis. For example, when there is a helicopter drop of money, I mean special tax rebate, that is counted when received. However in this month's personal income report, anticipated insurnace payments of $47 billion which have only been partially received are counted in full.

Otherwise personal income would have dropped, and I guess that would have upset the slogan "the economy is strong and getting stronger" and the many claims of strong fourth quarter growth by the Fed.

On another topic:

The Fed added $2.25 B in repos but even while adding suddenly dropped $4.7 B in agencies and mortgage backs repos. This takes the Fed to about the top of a 6% growth channel in the monetary base.

What I said last Monday still applies:

?As I?ve said before my opinion is that the Fed is still going back to the higher end of recent range ? from the bottom reached recently - that would target around a 6% growth rate in the monetary base. This will probably continue until the end of the month. Thereafter, in early November, the Fed may tighten things up a little in the repo market to make way for the expected ? point rate increase that looks very likely now. I expect a faster 8% growth rate to be implemented around the time or shortly after the next Fed meeting.?

the Republican Party has committed a profound error of judgement.

Becoming famous as the party attempting to block Americans from their Constitutionally guaranteed right to vote is going to piss people off...big time!

Don't give up yet Doc...it ain't over til it's over.

diebold%20voter.jpg

Archived