Blue Chip Bond Bonanza

Another down move and PEIX may get to its long term trend line right over 15. Correlates with its lows pretty close. Easy stop out obviously. Below that it is toast.

TRE recovered nice after the early morning pounding. Too bad NXG didn't. Guess thats headed to 3.50

post-2005-1157671332_thumb.gif

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure is dead around here.

A market stuck squarely in the middle of a 10 month long trading range that has changed direction 32 times during that time will do that to people. It's like, "What's the use?"

Sure is dead around here.

A market stuck squarely in the middle of a 10 month long trading range that has changed direction 32 times during that time will do that to people. It's like, "What's the use?"

Seems more of the same is directly ahead. Crappy setup for many longs that I am following. I would love to see the naz take an IT downturn here but I think it's over by mid next week assuming we don't have a large rally here.

post-2005-1157673865_thumb.gif

I found this gem over on Billcara.com

http://www.billcara.com/archives/2006/09/b...t_ral.html#more

?A curious development is that while nearly 80% of components are above their 50-day averages, less than 40% are above their 200-day. This is an unusually wide spread - over the past decade, only three times have we seen a similar thing - those being early May 2001, mid-August 2002 and late October 2002. All of those, of course, were classic bear-market rallies. Hmmm...?

Oh, so this rally has been a bear market rally... that makes sense since the Nadsaq retraced 50% of the down move from May.....hmm....

Bung  :unsure:

While ?Bernard? , who sent this to Cara isn't qouted on the 'compnents' he's referring to, I have charts for the NYSE stocks. These show % above their 40 period moving average in green, and % above their 200 pma in white.

First in the dailies

post-14-1157674673_thumb.jpg

dmm, I heard water stocks might be under some pressure due to new toilet flushing regulations requiring much less water. I saw a demonstration on tv somewhere. The fake dookie used didn't have the skidmark ability so I wasn't sold.

Any take on RMBS? I am short since yesterday but didn't like the turnaround today. Looked like it topped near resistance to me. Playing it to 15. If it turns around tomorrow I am out. I have been lucky the last couple weeks popping off sells in pre-market. Not really sure why but it has been helpful getting lucky on some sells lately.

The info you shared awhile back about most of the action happening before regular market hours got me to hold overnight more lately. Since this worked on the way up, hopefully it will work on the way down. The turnaround today forces me to get ready for defense now. I really didn't think that would happen.

I wish the chart of the dollar would be posted more here. I had my eye off the ball.

Last Chance! Offer Ends Friday

Try the WSE Pro risk free for thirty days. Click here for more information.

NEW! Unbundled subscription service packages starting from as low as $39! OR subscribe today to the Stocks Package, or the Money Liquidity and Real Estate Package, or both, and I will include the Precious Metals Package ABSOLUTELY FREE! Offer ends FRIDAY. Subscribe TODAY!

this guy is pretty bearish..must be one of us... :lol:

Asset Deflation Crashes Through the Window

by Steve Moyer

"Sometimes you have to pay the piper, and we're going to have to pay the piper for a while. That's the way it is." ~ Frank Hamblen

The jig is up, my friends. The elephant that is asset deflation has slowly crashed through the big bay window straight onto our living room carpet and the no-fun part of speculative excess and leveraging (not to mention reckless borrowing and spending) has more than begun.

http://www.safehaven.com/article-5844.htm

My IT cycle indicator topped out in the nose bleed section on the DOW and NAS and has just started moving down today. Short term indicator half way down today and momentum is near the floor.

The long term indicator is the interesting one. It doesn't look like it tops out for a month or 2. Ironically, when most it seems are wanting to buy.

Archived