Bear Pole Dance

The current proposals will not solve the problem. They will only increase costs. I firmly believe that the only solution to this mess is a government run single payer system, and it's the one solution that has zero chance of passage.

Why do you think the government will do a good job, when evidence abounds that they will royally screw it up? The US Government literally cannot do anything right, except maybe management of the National Parks and forests.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was it just a tease?

Don't think so.....I know of many TA guys calling for a mini-drop to 950ish before we resume the upslope....Butt, I'm just gonna follow my indicators.... :wacko: I'm in a "short the bounces" mode...

BTW - I thought the pic might have been a little too much also... :blush:

The Fed owns something called a printing press, from whichforth floweth all that is goodeth, beit healthcare or lapdances or stewed prunes.

The sole object of the game of life in the U.S. is simply to suck more of that flow than your neighbor does, by any means possibre......cash fer clunkers, dimes fer dummies, mo money fer morans, loans fer liars, etc.

git sum

grab it

Fed Extends TALF Program for Commercial Real Estate

Aug. 17 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reamserve extended by three to six months an emergency program aimed at reamstarting credit markets, a move that may cushion the conmercial ream-estate industry from rising defaults and falling prices.

The Term Ass-Backed Securities Loan Facility, with a capacity of as much as $100 trillion, will expire June 30 for newly issued conmercial mrotgouge-backed securities, instead of Dec. 31, the Fed and U.S. Treasury decreed today in a statement in Washington.

I think there's a societal bitching quota that needs filled. Put a gun to my head, and I'll argue that it's genetically hard-wired. Organisms en masse are fundamentally discontent.

The only questions are: who does the bitching, and about what.

If we solved national health care to everyone's delight, we'd move on to the next pressing matter and a subset of citizens would be pissed off to equivalent end about whatever it was.

I see this as a public good - it is motivational, and it encourages civilization to renew and improve itself continually.

On the flip side, however, the improvement of civilization (in general) and our society (parochially) is a fantasy. Chronic malcontentism.

We've never had it so good, and we always bitch as loudly.

Welcome to the human condition.

Well, if we can just get some campaign finance reform going, such that the public starts paying for Congressional campaigns, instead of corporate special interests paying for them, then the public can start making the rules. Golden Rule: He who supplies the gold (i.e. pays for the campaigns) makes the rules. Very simple. If single payer health care doesn't pass, how can the public, which would indeed love to have Medicare for everyone, not want to start making the rules?

There is probably going to be reform this year. The Supreme Court is getting ready to deliver the final coup de gras to campaign finance reform by allowing unlimited corporate campaign spending.

IB offers the lowest commissions and the best executions in the business with the most sophisticated, lightning fast platform. They really don't offer charts. They expect their customers to have their own chart services like eSignal. You can also plug QuoteTracker into their quotes and use that as your alert system. Not sure if it will execute trades automatically, but I suspect it will. Pretty sure it will with eSignal. eSignal is not free however.

Tanks for the info :D

The one cool feature I'm interested in is the API. Less dumb clicks. More semi-program trading. Easier to "watch" multiple contracts.

The PC's faster than the eye.

That, and the fact that Ameritrade is quietly porking ThinkOrSwim, my current borker.

Why do you think the government will do a good job, when evidence abounds that they will royally screw it up? The US Government literally cannot do anything right, except maybe management of the National Parks and forests.

Although I don't use ot as often as I used to before the Internet, the U.S. Postal Services have impressed me a lot. Great job! :rolleyes:

The $181 billion California Public Employees’ Retirement System, which mangled retirement benefits for 1.6 million current and retired public workers as of June 30, lowered its equities target to 49 percent from 56 percent on June 15.

Calpers lost 23.4 percent in the fiscal year ended June 30,

erasing six years of earnings.

DOH!

The $119 billion California State Teachers’ Retirement System, which oversees the pensions of 833,000 members, said on July 21 that it had temporarily shifted 5 percent from equities to fixed income, real estate and private equity, and permanently moved 5 percent from stocks to “absolute return” products

hmm....time ta whip out the calcfiggerer....$119 billion divided by 883,000 equals $134,767 per teacher, which if deposited in 4% Treasuries will provide a comfy annual retirement income of $5,390 per year......yet it seems they're being promised more than that, no? :unsure:

My thoughts precisely.

The current proposals will not solve the problem. They will only increase costs. I firmly believe that the only solution to this mess is a government run single payer system, and it's the one solution that has zero chance of passage.

At my stage in life, being unable to obtain adequate health insurance because of a phony "pre-existing condition" exclusion, I have to seriously consider the option of changing my permanent domicile to Canada. What a disgrace. What a goddam shame. The politics of the US infuriate me. Our government is owned lock, stock and barrel by the corporate lobbies, in particular the health care lobbies. They also own the media with the billions they spend on advertising. It's disgusting and depressing beyond words. I never cease to be amazed by the blind stupidity of the majority of American people who willfully allow this crap to continue.

I guess my only satisfaction will be living to see the degradation, decay, destruction, and breakdown of American society. I guess I'm in Prechter's camp that way. But being able to say "I told you so" is no consolation when I think of the children.

The whole thing just breaks my heart.

Who is John Galt?

The $181 billion California Public Employees’ Retirement System, which mangled retirement benefits for 1.6 million current and retired public workers as of June 30, lowered its equities target to 49 percent from 56 percent on June 15.

Calpers lost 23.4 percent in the fiscal year ended June 30,

erasing six years of earnings.

DOH!

The $119 billion California State Teachers’ Retirement System, which oversees the pensions of 833,000 members, said on July 21 that it had temporarily shifted 5 percent from equities to fixed income, real estate and private equity, and permanently moved 5 percent from stocks to “absolute return” products

hmm....time ta whip out the calcfiggerer....$119 billion divided by 883,000 equals $134,767 per teacher, which if deposited in 4% Treasuries will provide a comfy annual retirement income of $5,390 per year......yet it seems they're being promised more than that, no? :unsure:

hahahahaha .. ROFL..

Nah, don't worry fella, they're overweight donging “absolute return” products now.

Hey, they could double, or even triple their mooney!

The hedge hog guys are money machines, right? Run by smart operators like John Meriwether.

All skool teachers to reamtire with their own private yachts. Freekin geniuses, those calpers guys.

Archived