To crash or not to crash - this is the question

December Crash?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I read AP reporting yesterday on Geithner saying that the world cannot look upon the American consumer to fuel their growth my first thought was how are they going to report on Black Friday sales numbers and such for the holidays. I wonder where you can get some audio of Geithner's testimony?

Just another "better than expected" holiday shopping spree?

on another note EWJ Japan is down again.

When have they not been able to spin numbers positive? For sure they will be better than expected. Then too the internet sales will come later. The weather will be bad, or something. There is always something.

That said this new concern for the employment situation and Dallas Fed Head Fisher yesterday saying the Q3 GDP number was going to be rolled back to maybe 2.5% could be a sign they are preparing a little roll back. I think 4 of the last 5 months whenever there was some media spotlight on the unemployment situation that was a sign a blast off was a day away.This has been going on all week now. That was the biggest hook of all for stage two of the rally in early July

Radio Free Wall Street 11/18/09

Aaron Krowne joins Lee Adler to discuss the current state of the housing market and the future of Fed efforts to prop it up. Another crisis is brewing.

Not a subscriber? Click here to hear a free excerpt.

To subscribe and hear this podcast right now, click here!

audio_mp3_button.png Radio Free Wall Street 11/18/09 [42:28m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download (1)

Subscribers, click player to start.

Filed in Subscription Podcasts | | Edit | Comments (0)

A million people will no longer be eligible for unemployment benefits in January, having used up as much as 9 weeks worth of benefits.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/18/news/econo...efits/index.htm

That's good news for the economy, isn't it?

I think you meant 90 weeks.

I was over in Maldives 4-5 years back and one of the most beautiful place in the world i have visited. Might have to pay another visit soon before the islands all vanish. Lemur, I heard they want to make your backyard a permanent home.

Madness - Had not heard that? Not sure moving to Madagascar would be a good idea. Its one of the world's poorest countries, lots of tropical diseases, political corruption and its a ethnic tinderbox.

Archived