Bears Suck

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jamie Dimon's naked 130 million oz silver short

The link referred to in Jesse's column here suggests JPM is short 130 million oz of silver.

For several years, goldbuggy type sites (I am not in any way a gold disbeliever - to me it's a currency that will fly in the face of all fiat) have been claiming that JPMs shorts could potentially ruin them.

Even if they had to buy back the entire short at $30 this would cost them 3.9 billion by my maths.

Discomfort yes, but where's the evidence of Armageddon?

Am I missing something here? (Admittedly the gold short might be proportionately larger, but I'm still not sure I believe it's a bank breaker). In fact almost certainly far less toxic than many other banks' holdings.

My understanding of the concerns relating to JPM's Towering Inferno derivatives exposure involves interest rate contracts, not precious metals contracts.

Am I the only one who's been around the market for 80 years and is still confused by this stuff? :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Hi, my name is Trader Joe and I get confused by currency pricing"

"Hi Trader Joe"

In all seriousness, back during my corporate gig(s)....some of my best buds ran the FX trading for the company (Fortune 10). It is a different mind that runs that game.....I understood all the concepts, but these guys/gals would rip shit off in millisecond trading that would leave me in the dust. If I had been doing those trades I would have had my face ripped off.

I did trade commercial paper for a few years, but that was like retard shit compared to FX.

Interesting thing was that the FX guys were very daft when it came to broad strategic thinking, long-term economic consequences of certain decisions, accounting and tax implications of certain strategies -- they just didn't have a clue. They didn't get it and didn't really give a shit.

Just sayin'

Also, reflecting back on my corporate days and all this talk of Dimon brought me back to my first involvement in a corporate M&A deal.

I was the newbee in a room of about 20 of my company's finance folks and about 20 investment bankers/traders/anal cysts...etc

The "account manager" across the table was none other than a young Jamie Dimond.

As part of the transaction they were trying to convince my higher ups to do a tender for all the outstanding debt in spin-off X and then issue new paper.

After the meeting I came up with the idea of creating a commerial paper bridge facility (nuff said, won't bore ya'll with the details)

Presented it to upper management and after some wrangling they bought it.

Dimon was furious as it cost his bank untold millions in; lost front runs on the bond tender, new issuance fees on the to be issued new bonds.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

But he seems to be doing OK these days.

But man-o-man achevitz, this guy is one aggressive MF.

JPM's Silver contracts are lumped in with "Other Contracts" the total of which were 2.9% of the overall book as of the last report from the OCC.

Silver contracts are a rounding error for JPM.

Silver contract volume is so trivial it's not even broken out for reporting.

Link

BTW, Notional value of all contracts for all USA banks was North of 200 Trillion.

For those scoring at home, that's over one-fifth of a Quadrillion dollars (Short scale.)

Also, reflecting back on my corporate days and all this talk of Dimon brought me back to my first involvement in a corporate M&A deal.

I was the newbee in a room of about 20 of my company's finance folks and about 20 investment bankers/traders/anal cysts...etc

The "account manager" across the table was none other than a young Jamie Dimond.

As part of the transaction they were trying to convince my higher ups to do a tender for all the outstanding debt in spin-off X and then issue new paper.

After the meeting I came up with the idea of creating a commerial paper bridge facility (nuff said, won't bore ya'll with the details)

Presented it to upper management and after some wrangling they bought it.

Dimon was furious as it cost his bank untold millions in; lost front runs on the bond tender, new issuance fees on the to be issued new bonds.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

But he seems to be doing OK these days.

But man-o-man achevitz, this guy is one aggressive MF.

You currently working for a hedgey or just trading for yourself these days?

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

first of all,

Dear Buddha, in re your Inquiry about the best form of gold to hold, the clear answer is Known Coins from Known Mints, as Canada, USA, England, South Africa. Rounds are easier to ID, hard to fake, and easy to hide. Defend by hiding, for if 30 show up with nines, what are your odds, anyway? Look like a Poor Thing, old car cheap watch old clothes -0- flash. you will be fine.

now, what is really being missed is the action of da Zombie. Yields will now advance.....take a look at the following chart, and note the non confirmation and the change in the MA.

How many Auctions must the Fed jam down

Before they call it a Farce???????

thimk!

jickiss!!!!!!!

post-1911-1259033941_thumb.png

Archived