Karl Denninger on Kudlow tonight

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rarely do this, but I would like to give our Radio Free Wall Street podcasts a bit more exposure in the hopes that some of you might be interested enough to subscribe, to give your support to furthering the mission of this website and the work that Russ, Aaron, and I do. Needless to say I think that you would gain an even greater benefit than the $29 quarterly contribution by many orders of magnitude over time, especially if you are a serious investor. At the very least, I would hope that it would give you 45 minutes of enjoyable and informative listening 4 times a month.

I spend a few minutes in each podcast throwing some light, or heat as the case may be, on some of the more important facets of my research as presented in the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition. Russ fleshes out his work in Russ Winter's Actionable, and Aaron adds his invaluable perspective on the news of the day from his perch at Implode-Explode Heavy Industries, and his flagship- ML-Implode.com.

I ask the forbearance of our subscribers in this regard. As a rule I almost never post our subscriber material for free. I just feel that it's completely unfair to do so. I can't remember the last time we did this, and I am asking for the tacit permission and support of our subscribers in this instance. Believe me, we appreciate your support and your steadfastness! Our subscription attrition rate is as close to zero as can reasonably be expected, but the truth is that we'd like to attract more listeners to join the party, and at this point this is the best way we can think to do that.

So we are sharing Thursday's podcast with you today on this delayed basis. Please download, enjoy, pass the link along to others you know and most importantly, subscribe!

Thanks for your support!

Doc

Radio Free Wall Street 7/16/09 - Listen or download here!

We have also updated the free archive through April 15, 2009.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and,

maybe, just maybe here is a ray of hope...

save the wild horses, and save them now! is a very good idea...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Room-to-roam...ml?x=0&.v=2

Just a year ago I was in the Pryor Mountain National Wild Horse Range. I only caught a short glimpse of a few of the wild Mustangs. Without question decedents of the original Spanish horses that got free to populate the West. The Americas had no horses before the Spanish came. They altered the native cultures totally. The mounted Indian buffalo hunter and warrior sprang from nothing around 1700. Not long ago.

The area is typical of all the wild horse ranges. Inter mountain scrub desert predominantly. Horses or cattle didn't range this land before and it can't support many. It hardly needs mention that free range means having a free range. There is only so much of it. Over grazing tends to reduce the carrying capacity of the land. Start hauling in hay and then is it a 'free range'. Buy more land and make more range? That is politically impossible on any large scale.

Hell, I'm as soft hearted and headed as you can get on this stuff and I sure as hell couldn't shoot those horses but they have to be thinned. Nobody's talking about wiping them out. There is some grassland and better forage in the refuge but this shot is typical of the area. Nobody's talking about wiping them out.

post-441-1248016879_thumb.jpg

Nouriel Roubini cried foul, citing CNBC as using him for their own agenda as they took his words entirely out of context.

Why would the fine broadcasters at CNBC do such a thing? Well, perhaps because parent company GE knew they were going to have a stinker of a quarterly report and wanted to garner some favorable market conditions in which to drop their bomb in to cushion the impact. Beleaguered CEO Jeff Immelt faced down a lot of angry shareholders in March as the stock dropped to less than 20% of the 2-year average. Still hovering around $12, what do you think the impact would have been if GE had announced mediocre results in an unfavorable market? As it was, the company dropped 8% on Friday but that was only giving up 1/2 of the Whitney/Roubini rally that was led by 5 days of pom-pom waving on GE’s financial network.

I doubt Roubini will boycott CNBC for the "mistake."

Roubini, too, has his soap to sell.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

Dear Jorma,

tanks for your most excellent Observations about the Reality that over-grazing will destroy healthy herds of animals (horses), or of course other kinds of animals.

that jpeg is also super, and shows the scope of the idea that, although there are zillions of acres, each acre can really only support minimal (relatively speaking) life forms.

of course, there are Investment Implications, let's just say on a Fractal Level, and we can leave it there...it is a Bearish Concept to say that peak water (at low prices), peak Earl (marginal production at fixed costs dropping, requires higher and higher revenues to keep flow of Earl steady) and THE GIANT INTEREST RATE QUESTION, versus the Expectations of Most that somehow, Interst Rates will not ever go up very much in the next 5 or so years,

all

lead your jickiss to view the so called "Totality of the Population of the USA" much like a herd of Wild Horses....overgrazing means The End of free money, (free to the Front Runners, to the Market Manipulators and Free to the net total Public Sector vs the so called Private Sector).

did john maynard K ever publish any artilces or White Papers on the Overgrazing Issue?????

your comments are great, Tanks for them....

ps

by the way, if anybody has large enough land, it is realtively easy to get "old" harness horses for almost free, which, of course would make great pets, as these are really docile (compared to the wild things of flat racing), but this is not realistic with less than 10 acres or more....so they just get put down, after they win or lose.

they shoot horses.

that is just the way it is (needles to "put down," of course, today)

jickiss!!!!!!!

Jonestown II- Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Sunday, July 19, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit It looks like push comes to shove this week as the market averages approach a possible bears Armageddon. The 965-70 area is the line in the sand that most hold if this is not to be the bears’ Jonestown. At this point, there are a slew of indications that point toward an upside breakout, but the timing just seems so wrong, and the issue of the Treasury having to sell mass quantities at the end of the month, and for months on end thereafter, also gets in the way. So, in spite of 13 week cycle buy signals, and “cup-and-handles” galore on the charts, I have gnawing doubts about this whole mess. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

here is a comment that is intelligent, what ever intelligent means. The GIANT ISSUE IS NOT RIGHT OR WRONG, UP OR DOWN, BUT THE ISSUE IS

T I M I N G,

and the lack of what your jickiss thimks of as the ping-pong ball tossed into the gym sized room that has 1,000,000 mouse traps loaded with one ping-pong ball each.

meanwhile in Never Mind Land,

so far, Nothing has Happened

Tipping Points, Black (er) Swans, History Changing Attacks, Climate Changes that can be seen to be different, Political Party switches, etc, etc, etc

are all simpley Not Yet Here....

and the Band Played on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KVa4zB9K6Y

prophets....

Thimk!

Tipping Points, Black (er) Swans, History Changing Attacks, Climate Changes that can be seen to be different, Political Party switches, etc, etc, etc

are all simpley Not Yet Here....

and the Band Played on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KVa4zB9K6Y

prophets....

Thimk!

people all over the world

shouting "end the war!"

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

Dear psyche, for sure, your jickiss is very impressed with your expanding triangle theory on the QQQQ. On the IBM jickiss posted chart, (above yours), the same kinds of lines could potentially be drawn, or imagined. This pattten could spell Higher, and Higher still, then, Eventually, Quite Lower, esp with a drop through lower support. Watch for baby sized megaphone tops or triple tops at the top of the triangle zones.

A fortune awaits all them that can game these coming Violent Moves. Violent Moves in the Markets, will they presage or follow other violence?

regards to all, especially to all them that share their best theories.

jickiss!!!!!!!

I bought a trading system 25 years ago based on expanding triangles above or below the 200 day ma, putz above and calls below. It had a big win loss ratio, although I never got around to trading it. This may be a good time to start. Thanks. ;)

Really good art about china

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/KG18Ad02.html

I confirm a lot of it. Work a lotf with Huawei :(

BTW, there is a interview with Prechter in polish "aka ft" newspaper. Really interesting. Two thing to note

1. 7 years of bear before us

2. Market hit the first top at June 11 (Prechter was forecasting June 12), now, in the second half of the 2009 there will be new higher top - around 1000-1100

THEN tHERE WILL BE huge corection

So Atilla picture in overall, his inxed P could be good

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZdctlOEsqMQ/Sl9q...l.+16+13.39.gif

In polish

http://www.parkiet.com/artykul/832129.html

google polish english

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev...history_state0=

That article on China confirms something basic, you get what you pay for.

I can't believe people eat or ingest anything produced in China. :ph34r:

I bought a trading system 25 years ago based on expanding triangles above or below the 200 day ma, putz above and calls below. It had a big win loss ratio, although I never got around to trading it. This may be a good time to start. Thanks. ;)

I started to notice the possibility of the expanding tri recently, especially when prices bounced and got nearer to the top of the potential triangle. One must note that while the qqqq's are still confined within the tri as I have it labeled, the S & P has run through the top trendline. On longer time frames, expanding triangles are not very ubiquitous and are actually considered to be rare formations. Even though the qqqq chart looks to be a classic expanding tri, I am not convinced that's what it really is, but, never the less, it is worth keeping an eye on as a possibility. There is also the possibility that it might not be an expanding tri because it is not labled right as the a-wave might be too short, but, like I said, I have little experience with these suckers as opposed to the contracting type.

Archived