Unfilled Downside Gap

TE - we share the same tastes in music, although I have no use for words (except Springsteen and Morrison and a few others). Saw the orginal Yes in '70 and ELP's first US tour - I was a Moog nut for a few years. For what was then hard rock, the music was everything.

Never thought I'd be trying to interpret Yes lyrics on a stock market chat board, sober.

coboy - get a grip, man. I like your posts, just don't do a SimpleGuy. Attitude trumps intellect everytime. Pax.

coboy is not the one doing the name calling here. As much as I would like the market to tank and tank big tomorrow, I understood his question. He asked what does japan crashing have anything to do with us crashing. That's what got this whole thing started.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crapper,

You are right and I apoligised in a forward post. I"m just sick and tired of making the bear argument on a BEAR board.

Let all those who buy this market here(not March) get what they deserve.

ha ha, i bull drove a bear off a bear board. there gose one of my apendages. :cry:

See ya around.

I'm Done here (M2M)

TE, I'm not trying to buy it - only trying to decide if I should short it now or later, cover now or later. I want to hear what coboy has to say, as well as you and b4.

I have just opened a bear zone thread over on IDS which will be home until we get our own forum. I know that this is too late to open such a forum. What we need is a moderator who is actually awake at what is 3 am for me to open it on a regular basis. We need a kind of wndyb'arfer. :grin: Any takers?

The B'ar Stool

Another freaking board? Why can't we all get along? I wanna hear both sides of the equation, not a lot of buttkissers all slappin' each other on the back. While some of you may not AGREE with someone else's viewpoint, is it asking too much to RESPECT their viewpoint if it's directly opposed to your's if it's backed up with sound reasoning? Jeez, GROW UP! :angry:

Someone please respond....

Who's planning on holding onto their miners if the majors start seriously tanking after OE? :unsure:

I'm long WHT, GSS, BGO, ASL & HL. B)

I'm holding through it all....where else are you gonna put your extra cash?

Long BGO, KGC, GG, CDE, WHT, GSS, Tan Range.....and DROOPY :( and KRY :angry:

I thought I was the only one long DROOPY!

So far, DROOY has been a good "channeling stock". Buy around the gap at 2.1-2.2 and sell around 2.6-2.7. Rinse, repeat as necessary.

Which way it will blast out of there, I don't know. Up, I suppose.

I've been watching Drooy for about 5 years now and I must say it is the most overhyped Dog I have ever seen. Wouldn't put a dime in it. Highly leveraged to the price of Gold blah blah blah. Much better Gold stocks to be had.

Quicktrade

Wow. :blink:

FWIW, I think everyone that's a member of Stooltown is pretty much a bear at heart and believes that the market is overvalued. That said, there's no sense taking yourself out of the action for months at a time by fighting an uptrend. Pile is about the sanest individual on this board and I applaud him for his conviction :ph34r: and consistency. But I really have no problem with people heatmapping stocks to make a quick buck - that's what day/swing trading is all about, right? I don't think our bear legions have lost their minds - they're just goin' with the prevailing flow in an active sector. I think everyone chasing the Asian Exotica right now KNOWS or at least SUSPECTS they're ridiculously overvextended, and i would presume that they're using tight stops, and will be shorting them MEGA-BEAR-STOOOL-STYLE when they inevitably break down. ;)

Long story short - chill out homies - this endless child-like bickering is what makes this start to resemble a Yahoo board - not the mere mention of heatmapping hot stocks as a temporary diversion while waiting for the next broad decline.

Peace, love and understanding Fellow Stoolizens.

I have just opened a bear zone thread over on IDS which will be home until we get our own forum. I know that this is too late to open such a forum. What we need is a moderator who is actually awake at what is 3 am for me to open it on a regular basis. We need a kind of wndyb'arfer.  :grin: Any takers?

The B'ar Stool

Another freaking board? Why can't we all get along? I wanna hear both sides of the equation, not a lot of buttkissers all slappin' each other on the back. While some of you may not AGREE with someone else's viewpoint, is it asking too much to RESPECT their viewpoint if it's directly opposed to your's if it's backed up with sound reasoning? Jeez, GROW UP! :angry:

Give me the SOUND REASONING.Shock me. Do me baby, all night long

I have just opened a bear zone thread over on IDS which will be home until we get our own forum. I know that this is too late to open such a forum. What we need is a moderator who is actually awake at what is 3 am for me to open it on a regular basis. We need a kind of wndyb'arfer. ?:grin: Any takers?

The B'ar Stool

Give me the SOUND REASONING.Shock me. Do me baby, all night long

I think you both made some valid points. And I think we're all bears at heart here, although the markets say to stray away from this path during times like this. Please, don't go away. Just be respectful and don't throw temper tantrums like some little kid. I can read that crap on the Yahoo boards all day long- it's not why I'm here. :rolleyes:

alborz,

no doubt i am the fool hee. good luck to all stoolies.

TE, I would like you to know that I read and appreciate your posts.

I work full time and I rely on this board and the anals to get a well rounded view of the market. In the last 3 months I have turned a $30K gain for the year into a $30K loss. So no doubt I'm the fool here. That's a lot of money to me and I feel that as a group we failed to project a well rounded view of the market. Now, I know you did ok in the last 3 months, but then you may not need the board as you are an expert. How will this site continue to protect the interests of everyone if it just doesn't want to hear about the bullish case?

Coboy helps me tone down my bearish tendencies and I like his comments.

Thanks.

alborz,

no doubt i am the fool hee. good luck to all stoolies.

TE, I would like you to know that I read and appreciate your posts.

I work full time and I rely on this board and the anals to get a well rounded view of the market. In the last 3 months I have turned a $30K gain for the year into a $30K loss. So no doubt I'm the fool here. That's a lot of money to me and I feel that as a group we failed to project a well rounded view of the market. Now, I know you did ok in the last 3 months, but then you may not need the board as you are an expert. How will this site continue to protect the interests of everyone if it just doesn't want to hear about the bullish case?

Coboy helps me tone down my bearish tendencies and I like his comments.

Thanks.

It is the timing of the statement. In March. Fine . Now, NO.

I am sorry you lost money, so did I .

Alot more than You. :cry:

And just to PROVE I'm a still in the bear camp, here's my current interpretation of the great Dr. Stool's patented cycle methodology:

(Disclaimer: Envelope projections are sheer speculation. Giant trendline breaks are good indicators of a potential change-in-trend however...)

BTW, as an aside, why is being wildly boolish on Gold stocks entirely acceptable... I mean, I like em too, and I figure its gotta go to the moon eventually, etc etc... but if this is a strictly BEARISH site... :lol:

post-7-1057902784.png

Nice chart squishy,

This is my last post on M2m.

I'll see ya on stooltrading.

Bye the way, it had nothing to do with bull or bear. It has to do with decorum, I lost that somewhere along the line.

I apologise to those stoolies, that were offended.

See ya.

Archived