IDS World Markets 27th February 08

It depends on what kind of thief you are more concerned about stealing your savings at the current moment. Some will point a pistol at you and some will offer you a pen. Some will come with decrees and some with degrees. Some will come with an army and some will sneak around when you're not around. :ph34r:

647412[/snapback]

That is why we diversify.

I have even in invested in some of these if things get real rough.

AR15vsAK47-002.jpg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The market's reaction to bad news have changed over the past few weeks.  Bad news are brushed aside and folks are buying.

647423[/snapback]

I guess there's a lot of shorts out there and money on the sidelines also thats coming back in.

What do you make of the hommies here madness. A chance to reload?

Are you saying interest rates are going much higher and that will effect your bond price or is the ability of the US Gov to pay its obligation without creating mega inflation the issue?

647416[/snapback]

Neither.

I was talking about the safety of T-bills. The only way the US government can pay its bills today is to borrow even more money and the gap between revenue and expenses is blasting off into the stratosphere, way beyond the worst expectations of government financial planners.

The market's reaction to bad news have changed over the past few weeks.  Bad news are brushed aside and folks are buying.

647423[/snapback]

Markets go up, markets go down... they have to go up in order to come down.

This action really looks like the climbing of the edges of the burning diesel pits of worry but it's just ST stuff, I'd be waiting for this to continue for some weeks before saying that the market is brushing off every signs of worry. EOM is near.

647423[/snapback]

I think those guys spent a lot of fuel trying to reverse the mid-January cliff dive.

I think that has more to do with current actions than negative news or impending doom. They're not gonna give up now until they hit their targets.

Just buy some Krugs and put them in a safety deposit box unless she is planning on trading them. :unsure:

647422[/snapback]

The issue is transporting them and converting to cash when needed.

I don't think it's feasible. Maybe if it's 10 at a time, but there's still a big security risk. She lives in NYC.

The issue is transporting them and converting to cash when needed.

I don't think it's feasible. Maybe if it's 10 at a time, but there's still a big security risk. She lives in NYC.

647433[/snapback]

I would limit that to emergency only savings which you are not planning on using. :unsure:

Meanwhile our longs are doing very well today. I just wish I hadn't been so timid when the iron was hot. A couple of the picks I either sold or got stopped out of with losses in the past few weeks, because I was chicken, are turning into big winners. C'est la gare.

There's a pretty simple reason why the market is rallying.

Because the Fed and FCBs want it to. Their job gets a lot tougher starting tomorrow.

647434[/snapback]

hmm...

If that's the case then why are we rallying over the past 4 days, shouldn't they be preparing for it a bit earlier? Didn't we get one of these huge drain a few weeks back and yet the market rallied?

Archived