The Russian Revolution

If the market is still that hot out there, then that MX track's days are numbered.

I doubt the real estate market will stay hot there for much longer.? Watch the TNX.

That MX track just signed a new 5-year lease with the Lake Perris Fairgrounds last August.

Those poor "homoaners" will have to put up with that racket for another 5-years.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Another big track nearby in Lake Elsinore is at risk of closing, however.

Why is that?

Something like 8500 new tract homes are slated for development on the site.

On a dry lake bed, no less.

I've been to that track after it rains, and its like stepping in bearing grease.

How they could build that many houses on an old lake bed, I don't know........

Oh, well....

Can't stop those homebuilders from building and building and building.........

And the lawyers suing and suing as the problems become obvious. :lol:

That lease may not be worth much especially if the county owns the fairgrounds when the homeowners start complaing to the local politicians and threating their reelection bids. That happened to a MX track around here. It was closed on environmental ground. :o

You might need to be scouting out a new track. :rolleyes:

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is another bond chart.

5a2a399d0.png

Corporate bond yields went up for it looks like for a little over 30 years.

They have now been going down for 27 years and don't appear to have turned up although treasuries have.  Looking at the TBond chart it appears that the Tbond turned up a couple of years before the corporates. :o If that happens, the carry trade could be cooked. :lol:

Look for the Moody's BAA spread vs TNX to exceed 1.81 and equity bullz may have a cadenza, maybe like 1987 :o :lol:

I remain on the long side, for now.

According to the Census Bureau 2005 American Community Survey, there were just under 75 million owner occupied housing units with a vacancy rate of 1.7%. That would be 1,275,000 units.

There were 36 million rental units. Census bureau says the vacancy rate on those was 7.7%. Seems high to me, but it may not be.

Then they say there were a total of 13 million vacant units, which makes no sense if you add the other two figures together. Vacant units supposedly count units that are under construction as long as they are fully closed in.

I don't think we can draw any conclusions from those numbers.

New commodity ETF's launched on Friday:

PowerShares DB Agriculture Fund (DBA)

PowerShares DB Base Metals Fund (DBB)

PowerShares DB Energy Fund (DBE)

PowerShares DB Precious Metals Fund (DBP)

PowerShares DB Oil Fund (DBO)

PowerShares DB Silver Fund (DBS)

PowerShares DB Gold Fund (DGL)

Other "inverse" commodity ETF's are coming next month from DB, so you can short commodities in your IRA account.

Wonder how far they will push this ETF craze.

Now they are coming up with mutual funds that invest in ETF's only to mimic "Fund of Funds"

"However, XTF is readying its first mutual funds comprised of ETFs, known as "funds of funds," designed for the retirement market."

Link

What's next???

ETF's that track the favorite HedgeFund Indexes?

Or will the HedgeFunds go public first?

Archived