If you trap a bear

Unfortunately it's almost impossible to predict when this sh*t unwinds. It must some kind of powerful event.

From what I heard, for example, Russia is overstating its foreign currency reserves and in fact will burn them all to zero somewhere in Spring. I don't think Russia will default right away, maybe it will not default at all. But whatever measures they will take to not default may trigger something bad. You know, if you trap a bear and start burning his ass he may do nasty things

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, if you trap a bear and start burning his ass he may do nasty things

Yep - I'm a trapped bear and I just got my ass burned. Had to cover the index shorts I added last Wednesday. Lost 7% on SDS, 8% on TWM, and 9% on QID. 8% is my limit. Still holding original 1/4 position short (glutton for punishment).

Now I need to go figure out what nasty things I'm going to do.

post-4028-1257801542.gif

Too late to go long,too afraid to go short.......Not much to do here.

Meanwhile the rest of my muni's are suckin wind in the last month,at least I have SOME income for the time being.My IB account won't be up and running till next week some time so I just stare at the ticker until I can make a move. :huh:

"Human Induced Climate Change" Presented by Professor Ian Plimer.

The science starts at Slide 2, just click on that slide under "Slide Navigation" on the left sidebar to go directly to it.

Thanks for that link. It's much easier to get folks to read that instead of Michael Crichton's "State Of Fear" (which is pretty cool, by the way)

Now that we've thrown overboard the galley slaves in the unemployment process, did our cost cutting, trimmed budgets, and had the experts say we did better than expected there's nothing better than to continue speculating with all that free stimulus.

IWM got to the 50 bar ma faster than you can say "freight train a coming."

http://www.StockSharePublishing.com/ChartL..._1257804889.png

If we're going to move sideways in the market, I'd have to see IWM slow down pretty quick.

Mr. Widget is trending up.

I'm doing 'God's work'. Meet Mr Goldman Sachs

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...et=0&page=1

LOL, to paraphrase Mogambu Guru: History is clear. God favors those with the most powerful weapons (and the most money, apparently.) Sounds like a Calvinist to me.

In attempting to explain why Goldman is suddenly getting religion (as if politicians getting all religious on us isn't bad enough), someone quoted the late physicist Paul Dirac, in the comments to the article:

(Quote deleted so as not to offend people of religious persuasions. Quote is in the comments section of the above article and also on the wikipedia page on Paul Dirac, if anyone is interested)

I hope they give Bill Griffeth a nice heave ho! One down - who is next?

Bill Griffeth to take leave from CNBC

Friggin' Great !!!

Nice find

You made my night

I hate that guy....natch.....I hate them all....well, not all of them, but certainly that friggin dickweed (Faber, the two African American chicks, the real estate chick, Santelli -- they are all OK in my book)

Ha!!!!

Can't kill this old dottering fart off yet though.....still breathing.....

s-PAUL-KANGAS-large.jpg

".....and to all the best of good...." yeah yeah yeah, whatever you old f**k......

Archived