B4 The Bell Humpday 3

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is a Nixonian replay in the offing? Discrediting by finding only trash rather than garbage cannot play at court......then there is the partisan resistance in the House to overcome.

Ahwwww, forgetit!

Bottom line is Bush won more than 50% of popular vote. The people of this country have spoken. Period end of story.

When Clinton won his two elections he had pretty much the same percentage of popular vote (low 50's) as Bush received yesterday. Didn't hear Dem's complaining about that then.

Let's get back to focusing on the markets and all make some money!

Is a Nixonian replay in the offing? Discrediting by finding only trash rather than garbage cannot play at court......then there is the partisan resistance in the House to overcome.

Ahwwww, forgetit!

Hunter:

don't rule it out. I woke up thinking that this morning. If you keep in mind all of the outstanding legal issues yet to be resolved (Plame case etc.)...all of which were stonewalled until after the election...these issues still exist and there are still plenty of people insider CIA/FBI etc. who want to see these guys burn in hell.

I'm overwhelmed with shock and disgust. The fact that it was even close has just destroyed what little remained of my faith in my fellow humans. Glad I don't have kids. I have no doubt that it was rigged, but the fact that more than more than 1 whacko in 10 voted for this joke of a man is beyond my comprehension.

Going to go try to settle down.

Your disgust I can understand. But shock? This is exactly the outcome the realists among us saw coming.

Jim Lobe writes in the Asia Times --

While pollsters and political scientists say the unprecedented [foreign] anger and resentment directed at Washington has been fundamentally anti-Bush, rather than "anti-American", his re-election to a second term is very likely to move that contempt into the second category, cementing a permanent breach in the Western alliance.

"This US election will shape the future of Europe and the transatlantic West," wrote Oxford University professor Timothy Garten Ash in a column in the Washington Post a week ago. "If President Bush is re-elected, many Europeans will try to make the European Union a rival superpower to the United States."

Deepening shadows

What happens to the Atlantic alliance is interesting.

What happens to the US-Asian 'dollar loop' is vital ... :mellow:

One other thing: the Democratic party is a joke, and should be disbanded and discredited in a manner similar to what happened to the Mulroney conservatives in Canada. It's impossible that they could have actually lost without deliberately throwing it. The only winners here are the Skull & Bonesmen, the secret handshake manipulator criminals who piss on our civil rights and civic aspirations.

What a sad day for freedom. What a tragedy for democracy, the experiment that failed.

You need to get out on the road, and meet some REAL Americans, son!

This is what the MAJORITY wants. Since Reagan the country has slowly but surely become more xenophobic, more intolerant. Clinton only got 43% of the vote. If there had been an attractive Perot type conservative running this time as an independant, the outcome would have been different. But the Dems will never have a majority. In a two person race, the xenophobes will will every time.

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Bottom line is Bush won more than 50% of popular vote. The people of this country have spoken. Period end of story.

When Clinton won his two elections he had pretty much the same percentage of popular vote (low 50's) as Bush received yesterday. Didn't hear Dem's complaining about that then.

Let's get back to focusing on the markets and all make some money!

tradermark,

Actually, Clinton received LESS than 50% of the popular vote in both 1992 and 1996.

What's rather scary is the geographic balkanization of the US.

Just as in the previous election, Kerry's support came from three regions:

1. Mid-Atlantic and New England.

2. Upper Midwest.

3. Pacific coast (literally, the counties with beach frontage).

All the rest of the interior went for Bush.

It continues to remind me of India, with the former East and West Pakistan at the edges, and Kashmir to the north ... :o

Archived