B4 The Bell Tuezelday September 21

Hiding Bear

:D Good morning and welcome to the Dan Rather discussion forum, er I mean B4 The Bell! :D

The Fed is on the way to another rate rise today, which some bears believe was only facilitated to make way for the next rate cut coming soon! :P :P :o

IMF thinks that the US fiscal policy is, maybe, unsound. Where would they get that idea?

"We believe such a large imbalance is a risk not only for the United States economy, but for the world economy,'' he said.

Fortunately, with the global economy in a growth spurt, developing nations can put in place needed changes and wealthy nations can begin to balance their books, he said. The United States should begin cutting its budget deficit, projected at $420 billion this year, as well as its current account deficit, which hit a record $166.2 billion in the last quarter.

Taken together, economists warn, these deficits could set off a sudden fall in the dollar and reverse the global recovery, though others disagree, saying that the two factors will instead quietly erode American dominance of the world economy.

The United States was not the only wealthy country to be singled out for the threat it posed to the global economy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/21/business...ess/21fund.html

Beyond peak oil/NG is - well nothing, zip, nada, in about 65 years:

Sept. 20 (Bloomberg) -- BP Plc, the world's second-largest publicly traded oil company, said it expects global demand for natural gas to expand at about twice the rate of crude oil consumption in the next several years.

Gas demand may rise 2.5 to 3 percent a year through 2020, said Peter Hughes, vice president of strategy and portfolio at BP Gas, Power and Renewables, citing figures from the International Energy Agency. To meet that demand, as much as $1.6 trillion in investment will be needed in the gas supply chain, he said.

European natural gas demand will rise 65 percent by 2025, as utilities build more gas-fired power stations and favor cleaner- burning fuels, Global Insight Inc, an economic consultancy, said last week. Demand for liquefied natural gas in the U.S. is rising as Canadian production falls. In Asia, Japan has boosted natural gas consumption because of nuclear power equipment failures.

Global proven gas reserves are equal to about 65 years of supply at current production levels.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=1...LOAods&refer=uk

globex.png

nasdaq.png

Good trading! ;)

post-20-1095765976_thumb.jpg

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday was constructive for bears.

I forgot to mention yesterday that there is a Moon square Mars at 8:17 am EST this morning. Lately Mars has been the god of euqity rallies. We got a 3 am ramp up. Note that there was a Moon conjunct Pluto last night at 8 pm.

FMOC at 2:15 today.

Moon Square Jupiter at 12:20 pm and Sun Conjunct Jupiter 7:48 pm. Would expect an up day. Hopefully a last run at resistance before the markets roll over. DOW, SPX, XLF are rolling. BBH looks close, but SMH is keeping things a float until it exhausts. Trannies have also not exhausted yet.

With Moon square Saturn Thursday night, I would expect price to turn back down later this week or retest a breakout if one happens.

Sitting on my index/sector puts for now. Will close and switch to calls if a breakout and retest occur.

Sad to have read last night's comments about sleddog. When I got to Doc's first comment I said to myself, " Dame, I hope not sleddog. "

In real life, sleddog is a teddy bear. You can not meet a nicer guy than sleddog.

This hurricane bit has put alot of stress on all of us.

Sleddog has a creek that floods right on his land. Last I hear neither, none of the hurricanes have flooded his house, but they have gotten very close.

I am sure that sleddog was under stess before he got that unneed PM. I hope the writer of that PM does the right thing.

Missing you sleddog and hope to see you back soon.

Sleddy...in the Internet World, as in the real world, assholes exist. Nobody has any right whatsoever to attack the person behind the avatar on the Internet. It happens every day on message boards around the web....but it need not happen here. Your efforts here are too valuable to lose. The information and insight you provide are significant and important.

As for you...the person behind the avatar, I have the deepest respect for you and your service to this country. Please stick around and let Doc weed out those who would make personal attacks on other Stoolies, as they have no place here.

thesun talked to a friend that he has been investing with since 1982 last night. thesun and his friend have been talking about how the market is just behaving correctly for a country that has been hit by so many hurricanes

The friend said that he saw 'kadlow and cramer' and how they explained what was happening.

" The insurance companies are having to sell all these bond and stock and that is why interest rate are low and the stock market is high. All this cash that the insurance companies are giving out will fire up the economy. "

Now thesun did not see this show. But his friend is good. So, thesun is thinking this over and saying, " Are you sure they are selling. "

Friend " Yes they are selling."

" And this is good. " I said.

" Yes" he said.

I said let me get this right. " Selling bonds makes interest rate go down. And selling stocks make the market go up. This is not right. "

My friend said if I would have seen 'kadlow and cramer' I would than understand.

Well I missed that show and if any one else saw it and has input, thesun would surley like to know.

As my life goes by day by day I just know less and less.

I am so glad we have a free market.

The blogger who revealed the type face inconsistencies (a GOP attorney) and the co-author of the book from the Texas Swiftboat Vets are members of the same online community? Wow, that's a coincidence! Who'd have thought that? (Oh, that's right, I suggested the possibility of a connection yesterday).

The blogger who seemingly analyzed the type face in intricate detail had only seen the documents on his grainy television screen during the 60 Minutes report at the time he made his in-depth analysis. He was the first person to make a detailed typographical analysis of the memos...and he did so BEFORE copies had been made available. Wow...this guy is good, eh?

If you don't care, or don't want to know, don't read about it.

This was followed in a few hours by a detailed typographic analysis from another blogger named "Buckhead" - even though the typography had only been shown on television, not exactly a medium conducive to examining typographic nuance.

The blog site that "broke" the story of the alleged forgery of the documents Dan Rather had shown the world was, to quote Robert Sam Anson, "the repository for anti-Jew, anti-Catholic, anti-homosexual, anti-John Kerry rants by Jerome R. Corsi, Ph.D."

For some, the name may sound familiar. As Anson continues: "And whom, you ask, is Dr. Corsi? Co-author of the best-selling 'Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry,' that's who."

http://progressivetrail.org/articles/040920Hartmann.shtml

Plunger - I have been listening to the tv with one ear and have not heard even one word of this. Fox and cnn sure are slow to get the facts. Internet is the kingmaker.

I'm still laughing about the yellow cake story.

The dirty tricks are so funny this admin.

Chappelle - Black Bush

Oh - BTW - the anouncers are repeating that the fbi says we should expect another attack. Targets govt bldg. I'm shakin!! Idiots.

Sleddy,

I've always appreciated your posts, even though we dissagree politically. Your viewpoint is important to this board. It provokes discussion and thought, and that is a good thing. I hope you will reconsider and return to your virtual home here. We miss you already, and will welcome you back with open arms.

Till we meet again...

Twig.

Sleddy,

I've always appreciated your posts, even though we dissagree politically. Your viewpoint is important to this board. It provokes discussion and thought, and that is a good thing. I hope you will reconsider and return to your virtual home here. We miss you already, and will welcome you back with open arms.

Till we meet again...

Twig.

WORD!!!!

Archived