B4 The Bell Moonday August 30

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now they atttack the miners with XAU going negative and HUI selling off.

What are they buying?

Leveraged paper

Look at FNM and FRE

Ah, a new strategy for the boys...who'd have suspected that?

The Fed entered the repo market not once but twice today, adding $2.25B more

to the repo pool.

The other day I mentioned that the Fed - for almost two months now - is subtly accelerating the growth of the monetary base (repos plus Treasury buys). More recently foreign central banks are buying dollars faster and faster, which does the same thing for their respective home country.

No doubt that they either recognize a downturn ahead in the economy and/or they just want things to be better going into the Repub convention through the election.

Weak personal income for two months plus three weeks of no economic growth per the ECRI confirm things are not going well. The central banks are talking tough about inflation but at the same time trying to encourage spending and purchase of assets by keeping interest rates below the perceived rate of inflation.

If they fail, the market will fall off a cliff. If they succeed, oil and precious metals should resume their upward course. My guess is before the front month oil contract expires in two weeks or so, we will see a rally in energy.

Oil down 1.78.

at this pace it should be free by the close.

sign on soon to be opened business

Stop right here;Fill up Tank and Tummy at Nick and Joes First Presbytarian Garage

and Grill --where your prayer for cheap gas and a free meal are always answered--

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: I've always agreed with Madison Avenue: That packaging is more important than product

Bldp up 16%

plug cont to grind up

ener also

oill and the market may be down, but these stocks are up. and nobody is talking about them ;) ;) except me :grin:

Someone may have seen a preliminary copy of Bush's speech: I expect energy policy to be an important component, and he'll probably propose throwing money at alternatives.

Archived