B4 The Bell, Tuezelday, June 15

LoU:It's true that one shouldn't forget yesterday's down action and the 1 minute is no longer visible but it's the incredible regularity of the moves up that strikes me.When I posted,there was only 1 red one-minute "tick" since the opening--it's the relentless regularity of it that gets me!

Until it goes down,of course :D

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
appreciate your work here on our behalf Hiding Bear.

I never seek to stir anything other than perpective and thoughtful discussion in search of the truth, much of which is frequently contrary to the mainstream headlines.

Plunger

I once got a left(pun intended) from a guy named I.F. Stone;did you know or remeber him?? He was very much like you,assiduously reading and reporting things which partially irrigated a veritable desert of disinformation during the Viet Days--I didn't agree with everything his magnificent obsession conveyed but always,I say always respected him;like I do your reporting--

Keep on keeping on!

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry:

---BD of course you must pay your respects-being wrong %100 of the time leaves you no other recourse--

Credit Measures Fall Again

Is Bubble Deflating?

Fed Releases update is now posted! Once a week Doc fills you in on the all important Fed weekly releases. Doc gives you his briefs on the charts of the Fed's most important money and credit measures.

Take a subscribatory and download your Fed Releases RIGHT NOW!

Brian

Can you explain your trading strategy to me? I am not clear on your entry/exit. :blink:

Also your view on trading options? what time to expiry limit do you apply?

Tx

Re: Emotions

OpEx week continues to work its dark magic. Headfakes in both directions always seem to abound during this stinker of a week every month. Frustrating to bulls and bears alike.

I continue to think we will trend sideways to slightly down through Friday. After that, the chart is still speaking "up" to me, but we will see. Longer term, a large break over the highs or below the lows would shock me before the election, and I would expect a continuation of range bound trading until early in the new year.

Well Janitor as you have read I am short 10 July 1135 puts stop 1136-so my risk is one point-I rarely risk more than 3, at 3 losses are minimal. As to what month I don't like paying premium so I generally play the front month. this being a triple witch op/ex week I am playing July. As to timing if you hang out here awhile you will get an understanding, generally I fade resistance. By the way welcome and if you are just learning standard disclosure applies-don't do what we do-just watch, paper trade and learn. ;)

Guest yobob1
Credit Measures Fall Again

Is Bubble Deflating?

Fed Releases update is now posted! Once a week Doc fills you in on the all important Fed weekly releases. Doc gives you his briefs on the charts of the Fed's most important money and credit measures.

Take a subscribatory and download your Fed Releases RIGHT NOW!

Right on schedule. Consumers are running out of options and demand is waning. The most recent retail sales report was pretty much bogus. When the auto companies file their quarterlys with the SEC, only then will we be able to see just how much of their "retail" sales show up in their "fleet" sales. Fleet sales sound nice but the reality is when their inventory balloons they simply shove it off onto their captive rental agencys. This leads to almost new cars coming out of the rentals into the auction market which will further depress new unit prices. I also think the impact of fuel cost increases was understated.

That brings up another annoying little issue. The concept of an average gas price is ludicrous. 100 peopole in Arkansas pay $1.80, while 50 million on the coasts are paying $2.40. An average price does not reflect the population weighting. I'd like to see a median price of fuel.

It appears to me that China and the US are hitting the wall at the same time.

Double trouble.

While the Repukicans can talk all the happy talk they like, the bottom line is at the end of the day on an individual basis, the voters will vote with their wallet. Empty wallets, with high gas prices, and Iraq still in turmoil means it's all uphill for the Neocons.

If you're into macro, there's no better palce to get key data than the Anals. Subscribe today so you don't forget. :P

Archived