B4 The Bell, Tuezelday, June 15

Sherlock:

My antenna went up immediately when I hear the way in which he was bringing this story forward...it sounded too vague...and he was dismissing it at the same time he was revealing it...just came across as a lame excuse for the market weakness.

Would I put it past one of his "sources"? to feed Pissonme a "cover story"

Nope.

The White House .........everything. They want total control.

yes, you are soooo right.. another example just hit the news. (CNN)

Vatican confirms that shrub told the pope that his cardinals were not doing enough Kerry bashing ( bashing is my word but you get the pic) on Gay rights and abortion. He is soooo arrogant

Well, what ever happened to separation of Church and State?

If a Catholic (such as Kerry) had gone to the Pope asking for some

kind of influence wielding over an election, "the people" would be

screaming!!! Why not now???

Yeah, like everything else. Two separate sets of rules.

:angry:

Sherlock

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sherlock:

My antenna went up immediately when I hear the way in which he was bringing this story forward...it sounded too vague...and he was dismissing it at the same time he was revealing it...just came across as a lame excuse for the market weakness.

Would I put it past one of his "sources"? to feed Pissonme a "cover story"

Nope.

The White House has a whole staff devoted to watching TV, monitoring news and putting out misinformation regarding anything that isn't administration positive. Do you remember the flap with David Letterman a couple of months ago when Letterman showed a tape of the bushman giving a speech and a kid in the background was acting totally disinterested? The White House actually called CNN and had them "cover" the Letterman's show skit and say that the tape had been edited -- not realizing that Letterman wouldn't let it go. Turned into a real hoot, but it goes to show us just how far this administration is willing to go to manage absolutely everything. They want total control.

And that is where I expect their capital to be invested, CONTROL...AFTER November...not the market because it will not matter...

CD....

The word worm is inadequate to discribe the WH behavior.

MAGGOT is a better fit. :D :D :D :D :D

Guest Icky Twerp

Lou Dobbs gets bitchy. . . and Christine Roman enables him. . .

LOU DOBBS TONIGHT - 6-15-04

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

DOBBS: On Wall Street, stocks higher today. The Dow up almost 46 points, the Nasdaq up almost 26, the S&P up almost 7. A lot almost today.

Alarming new numbers tonight on American wages. Christine Romans is here with the story -- Christine.

CHRISTINE ROMANS, CNN CORRESPONDENT: Lou, Americans' living standards are falling. They're paying more for food and gas and bringing home less money. Real wages fell again in May and the trend has worsened, even as all those jobs have been created over past six months. When, many ask, will workers get their fair share?

Company profits have soared 62 percent in the past three years. Labor compensation has risen only 3 percent. And that's largely pension contributions, and health care benefits. Take-home pay has fallen. And it's worse the farther down the income scale you go. Lou, last year's pay gains 1.6 percent were the slowest in 40 years. This year is shaping up to be no better. Today, Alan Greenspan acknowledged this, but said he thinks wages will eventually play catchup.

DOBBS: Let's hope he didn't say eventually meaning the long run.

Christine, thank you.

Hunter -- the attempt to even discredit Letterman's skit was bad enough, but the worst part is that CNN went right along with it without question. They didn't even call the Letterman show to verify -- just reported the lie as fact. In-freaking-credible!!

Guest Icky Twerp

In the same way that some people feel we must honor Greenscum for trying to save the economy.

Bush offers glowing tribute to Clinton at unveiling of portrait

Associated Press

WASHINGTON  -- With old political grudges left unmentioned, former President Clinton returned to the White House for the first time Monday and listened with delight as President Bush praised him for his knowledge, compassion and "the forward-looking spirit that Americans like in a president."

The occasion was the unveiling of the official portraits of Clinton and his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton.

and you tho't there was a difference between them?

I posted this a week ago -- still looks credible.

Best bear scenario IMO would be for Spoos to break above 1150 by week's end while the VXO drops into the low 14s (15.00 today) and the CBOE p/c ratio falls into the .60s (.78 today).

Then Wave 3 begins. :grin:

Good work SJ,

89th Fib day is August 2nd which is +1 t.day on the July 30th Bradley day which I have as a high.

Apparently Sinclair is relying on world events for his bullishness with gold. With our government now issuing warnings of impending terrorists strikes then this could be the setup for a move up in POG.

Someone is doing a good job of interrupting energy supplies here and abroad.

I'm sure fantasy news stations will ignore the events.

Hyper, it seems the multitude of interest rate sensitive stocks have heavily distorted the NH/NL figures on the broader indices. By comparison, if you look at the NH/NLs on the S&P500 there was no downside spike whatsoever. In fact, the new lows hardly registered during the recent selloff.

Cheers

Basho

Hello Hyper,

Love your charts, but just one question....How are you measuring debt inflationary potential?? That potential seems to be the crux of the entire chart, that is the inflation of debt needs to continue in order to maintain debt-fractional-banking??

/not a financial wizard like many here...

Economagic has a filter called % change from same period last year that is the source of the debt inflationary growth line on the charts...very small amounts of debt deflation cause massive damage to a debt backed by debt system...the longer the system operates the more dependant it becomes on debt inflation and the weaker it gets...

The debt backed by debt system has a maximum potential...

What you have there is effectively a 1 year rate of change which according to Hurst cycles would be the basis for drowning out cyclical fluctuations of less than 1 year.

This means that over a suitably long period it will help to highlight the relevant dominant cycle in debt expansion/creation. I am not suggesting that debt creation hasn?t peaked on this cycle ? I certainly believe it has ? but the end of a cycle is not the same as the end of the system.

Of course not or Ravi Batra would have been right...

It's the running out of basis points that signals that the end is near...

And the running out of consumers to consume the required amount of debt to postpone the invitable systemic collapse of a system that is based on the leveraging of leverage...

post-20-1086743053.gif

post-1-1084384525.gif

And again I predicted the collapse in debt inflationary growth 23 months ago...

Archived