World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Porous placidity

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

w?s=%5EAORD

All Ords looking like it may have found some short term support.  The index closed -0.5% with sectors ranging from Gold +1.6% down to Energy/Financials -1%.

Over in Asia, China +2.4%, Hong Kong +0.3%, India -0.4% and Nikkei +1.1%.

On to UK/Europe:

image;size=239x110

image;size=239x110

image;size=239x110

More details on the trader pinned for the Flash Crash

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-22/mystery-trader-armed-with-algorithms-rewrites-flash-crash-story

I find it hard to believe,although

clearing his transactions through MF Global Holdings Ltd.

this makes sense.

This too:

Many in the industry countered that a confluence of several forces, including high-frequency trading, was probably behind the crash.

Exchanges in the U.S. and Europe saw he was routinely placing and then quickly canceling large volumes of orders, according to an FBI affidavit unsealed Tuesday by a federal court in Illinois.

The CME Group Inc., which operates an exchange for one of the most common derivatives tied to the S&P 500, contacted Sarao about his trades after concluding that some of his activities appeared to have had a significant impact on opening prices.

He then questioned whether CME’s actions regarding his activity meant “the mass manipulation of high frequency nerds is going to end,” according to the FBI affidavit.

That same day, Sarao and his firm, Nav Sarao Futures Limited Plc, used “layering” and “spoofing” algorithms to trade thousands of futures S&P 500 E-mini contracts. The orders amounted to about $200 million worth of bets that the market would fall, a trade that represented between 20 percent and 29 percent of all sell orders at the time. The orders were then replaced or modified 19,000 times before being canceled in the afternoon.

The imbalance on the exchange due to Sarao’s orders “contributed to market conditions” that saw the derivatives contract plunge and later also the stock market, according to the CFTC.

So he basically was taking the big HFT's for a ride, beating them at their own game from a shitbox in London. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So he basically was taking the big HFT's for a ride, beating them at their own game from a shitbox in London. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This are the headquarters of Nav Sarao Futures in London:

post-510-0-33528500-1429708895_thumb.jpg

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I am not kdding 

I mean sorry, this thing is more than a bucket shop, it is a bucket boutique!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That was semi-plot in a Seinfeld Episode..... :lol:

It was really abut A Drunk Rabbi hired to perform at a Bris ........ouch........

Reminds me of my old line...

"Mohel Lynch. Oy! Do we got tips for you!" 

This are the headquarters of Nav Sarao Futures in London:

attachicon.gifNav Sarao Futures.jpg

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I am not kdding 

I mean sorry, this thing is more than a bucket shop, it is a bucket boutique!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Now imagine the kind of manipulation the big boyz HFT's (with the info provided by the exchange (on the take from HFT's) and borkers on what other players are doing, and fibre optic connections next to the exchange) can do....

Archived