Stool Convention

Very interesting reading here on the site always. Just wondering if anyone has considered having a stool convention or get together somewhere, sometime. I know other boards which have done it, some with 40 people showing up for a weekend in some hotel conference room. I think the hotel will even provide the room free if enough people stay there.

The bulls love to do this all the time, they talk about how cheery everything is. Why not the bears?

Frequent posters here who have their own threads could lead discussion groups.

What do you think? And by the way, where do most stoolies live? I know we have a few Canadians, some of us in Silicon Valley, a couple in NYC, and a couple in Australia. And one in Idaho. It could be held wherever is most convenient. Trip might even be tax deductible as a misc expense.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the Happy Acres Retirement Condo Community of Palm Beach County. That's about 250 mile from St. Pete.

With the traffic in St. Pete, it's more like 350 miles.

It's between Boca and West Palm. Of course, we could all meet in Yeehaw Junction.

As for the shuffleboard here, it's passe. Here they're into a heavy contact sport with termendous yelling and screaming by the partisans.

It's called Condo Board.

Flushing is a neighborhood in Queens. Of course there's Flushing Meadows. What could be more appropriate? We could have it in Down Neck. Isn't that in Newark? Or Hell's Kitchen. Short subway ride to Wall Street.

Any other suggestions?

Of course, my favorite spot is Paradise PA, just off Route 30 halfway between Intercourse and Blue Ball.

I think the convention idea is a great one!

Frankly, wherever it is I will go as long as I am not overseas.

There are so many people who see what we feel we see.. it would be great to see you all face to face.

It would be great if we could invite Ike Iosiff and a couple of bearish TA"s to add to the affair.

(of course we must remember Doc is the MAIN attraction!!)

I am in CA but Fla sounds fine to me, I have 170K UA miles which I need to use up before their Chap 7 when they quit flying. I can go anywhere. (Have been thinking of a couple of trips to S Pacific soon, but could go anywhere.)

Who is going to set this up? We just need a date and hotel. Probably near an airport would be great so those flying in would have an option to not get a car if they choose.

BTW, in this deflationary environment rooms are super cheap if you buy them online. You can stay in a Hilton adjacent to LAX for only $35 per night, I was shocked to find out about this. You buy it from www.hotwire.com. I also stayed a couple of miles from MIA for $32 per night plus tax.

mjkst27...

Doc is correct, Intercourse and Blue Ball are well-known towns in Amish country about one and one-half hours outside of Philadelphia, in the general direction of Lancaster, along Rte 340.

Blue Bell is suburban Philadelphia, near Plymouth Meeting.

Bear, Delaware is also in the Philadelphia GMA, and possibly the best-named town for any stoolvention,

Homie

Archived