IDS World Markets Tues 3rd March 09

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got back in from getting some coffee and a light breakfast at a local diner dump down the road. There were a group of older men (late 50's to 60's) sitting at the bar conversing about the economic crisis. One guy blamed day traders for the mess in the stock markets and his cause for the banking problem was even more ridiculous. The other guys nodded their heads and some even made their own ridiculous comments. I sat there reading the paper and could hardly contain myself. I wanted to laugh hysterically, fart, and tell them the truth, but, instead, I just minded my own business, laughed silently and left. It should be no surprise that most are talking about the crisis and I have heard many conversations, but I am still amazed at the level of ignorance. Today was definitely no exception. These gentlemen were older and I would of expected at least some common sense from this group.

The sad and scary thing is the Witch Hunts are just getting started. And Congress' track record shows they will only encourage these witch hunts (think: dragging Big Oil, Autos, Banks, etc. down to DC for "Congressional Hearings" which are nothing more than an attempt to influence public opinion and are a total sham). Congress loves witch hunts because they keep the sheeple from looking too closely AT Congress.

It's going to get much, much worse. The government will keep trying to focus the blame on any and every imaginable other party, and this will continue to influence public opinion. At some point, we may even see short sellers blamed for some of our financial problems, if you can imagine the insanity! Oh wait, that already happened...

The lack of fear as the spx breaks the Nov lows is stunning. Before any meaningful bounce comes, a cluster of equity p/c ratios over 1 need to occur. Updated chart.

1st reading this morning, .53

Futures ran right into resistance at the highs from late yesterday morning.

yep, by some measures I have seen, we are actually in overbought territory...

The sad and scary thing is the Witch Hunts are just getting started. And Congress' track record shows they will only encourage these witch hunts (think: dragging Big Oil, Autos, Banks, etc. down to DC for "Congressional Hearings" which are nothing more than an attempt to influence public opinion and are a total sham). Congress loves witch hunts because they keep the sheeple from looking too closely AT Congress.

It's going to get much, much worse. The government will keep trying to focus the blame on any and every imaginable other party, and this will influence public opinion. At some point, we may even see short sellers blamed for some of our financial problems, if you can imagine the insanity! Oh wait, that already happened...

I can see multitudes of sheoples with pitchforks, rolling pins, golf clubs, bats, cleavers etc. in relentless pursuit to exact revenge and justice on the scapegoats of the crisis. I hope I am not one of them being chased.

the calendar i use ends every 365 days or so, after which a new age begins and lasts about as long.

it's all purdy crazy, i know. :P

That's pretty funny. I take it you're making fun of the Mayan calendar?

The only problem is that every 4 years your calendar actually has 366 days. I've read that the Mayan calendar is extremly accurate, way more so than our own today. It's baffled scientists for years how they could be so accurate that long ago.

Watching some Phil somebody on Crapvision cite 1933 as an example of the market being "forward looking" and rallying in the face of bad news. So I guess we're to conclude from that stellar example that we should start looking for similar behaviour from our current market starting around 2012. Yeah that sounds about right. Oh wait, he was trying to say we should look for that this month -- nice non sequitur example, dumb@ss.

Archived