Moral Hazard & Relying on Faith Based Reality

I want to see this guy file an 1.7MM insurance claim for this car! UFB

Something leads me to believe this type of activity may be happening a lot more.

Bugatti Veyron takes a salt bath

If there are only 15 in the U.S. then there are only 13 left after this douchebag loses his! Lawyer Crashes After Life in the Fast Lane

FYI - Explicit language at the end. By the way - I don't see a bird anywhere near this car before it plunges.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32yyvmlGOdo.swf

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please don't give me a bunch of platitudes about how we have to organize, blah blah blah. I spent an entire working day calling every one of my senators and all of the representatives from my state, not to mention congresspeople from other states, to register my adamant disapproval of the bailout. Every one of the staffers I talked to told me that virtually every call and email they got was in opposition to the bailout.

Did that stop it from happening?

No. But I made it clear when I called my guys' and gal's (later singular) orifices that I would not vote for them if they couldn't stop it. It didn't care how they "felt".

I cared - and still care - about how they are able/unable to influence outcomes. Its about power and not about feelings. Not powerful enough? I'll vote for someone (primaries) who has more potential in that department, because this will be a long battle to get things corrected. The incumbents will get killed in the primaries as well as the fall elections, IMO.

The Russians shot their generals who lost WWII battles. Effort and feelings weren't enough.

No. But I made it clear when I called my guys' and gal's (later singular) orifices that I would not vote for them if they couldn't stop it. It didn't care how they "felt".

I cared - and still care - about how they are able/unable to influence outcomes. Its about power and not about feelings. Not powerful enough? I'll vote for someone (primaries) who has more potential in that department, because this will be a long battle to get things corrected. The incumbents will get killed in the primaries as well as the fall elections, IMO.

The Russians shot their generals who lost WWII battles. Effort and feelings weren't enough.

I told the ones I called the same thing -- that I was a single issue voter and this was the issue.

Someone was interviewed re the NJ elections, and said he had voted against every incumbent of either party.

The fact is, they know that when coming down to who to vote for, we will vote for the least repugnant one. So they don't care what we say now.

Good news ! ! ! I don't have to pay any more fees to the Central Bank of Nigeria for them to process my payment ! ! !

Furthermore,you are hereby advised to pay no further fees or charges to the Remitting Bank in Nigeria as well as any person or persons, Real or Fictitious, prostates and institutions as they shall no longer be handling your payment process.

It appears that the prostates are not longer involved in the process.

And in other good news, this must be my lucky day, because my "email ID" also won the Scottish National Lottery !

I want to see this guy file an 1.7MM insurance claim for this car! UFB

Something leads me to believe this type of activity may be happening a lot more.

Bugatti Veyron takes a salt bath

If there are only 15 in the U.S. then there are only 13 left after this douchebag loses his! Lawyer Crashes After Life in the Fast Lane

FYI - Explicit language at the end. By the way - I don't see a bird anywhere near this car before it plunges.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32yyvmlGOdo.swf

Where is Shorty? This looks like a fortuitous accident similar to one's overleveraged Macmansion getting hit by lightening. :lol:

If we in the U.S. are to get our country back from the Special Interests, it will be a difficult process. We'll have to form very new habits. We're oriented now in a "Just say No" way. Unfortunately, nothing really gets better until we find something or someone worth saying Yes to. We each have our own idea of how to do this. Mine is that we all search our communities for people who we know to be honest and to care about the public good-- people who are willing to run for Congress, on the platform that they will accept NO Special Interest Group campaign money and will work for campaign finance reform, such that the taxpayers will pay for political campaigns. And also that they will work for the public good. Such people are rare and may not want to run for Congress. Maybe we all have to get down on our knees and beg them to. And then we have to all chip in financially and in various other ways to support them.

I agree that we are blinded by faux political parties. The fact is-- there is only one political party in the U.S. right now-- the Special Interest Groups Legally Bribing Congress and the President through campaign contributions party. No use at all in talking to these people or their staffs. I appreciate the wonderful intentions of those who try to talk to them. I just would like to invite them to focus their efforts on electing Congress people who will listen to the public, not just to the Special Interest Groups.

They pulled the video from YouBoob...

But you can still see it here----->http://www.asiaone.com/static/motoring/gal.../sunk_bugatti/#

It is painfully obvious to this observer that the douchebag was playing around with his cellphone....consensus being that he dropped it on the floor and was reaching to pick it up.....whatever

I can't even count the number of near misses I have had with people texting on their phones and either crossing the lane coming my way or cutting over into my lane when moving in the in the same direction.....it REALLY pisses me off

So, capital, your solution is to form a Special Interest Group to campaign against all the other Special Interest Groups?

I think you are ignoring the reality of the current state of affairs confronting the nation.

Most Special Interest Groups are fighting the influence of other Special Interest Groups that they disagree with.

Here's just a few examples of public policy issues where there is no consensus among the various Special Interest Groups, which you seem to simply lump together.

Prayer in schools.

Abortion.

Aid to impoverished African nations.

Gun control.

Climate change.

Migration policy.

USA membership and participation in the UN.

Federal funding of health care.

Subsidies for ethanol.

I could go on and on, but the point is clear. There is not a consensus on any of these important issues among the SIG's, so its not clear how the SIG's are controlling the country as you suggest.

Cap, what exactly have YOU done along those lines?

Not enough, you are right. There are people who I've worked with when I used to believe in political parties (sort of like believing in Santa Claus it was) who I would like to have run but I have not been able to convince them yet. At this point in my life I do not have the energy to run for Congress myself. Unfortunately, some of the best potential Congressional candidates I know still believe in their particular political party. So I may have to wait until they themselves become disilllusioned before they will be willing to go it on their own.

Hey Shorty, your favorite company TASR proves the safety and efficacy of its product again. Well, the efficacy anyway.

Man dies after being shot twice with taser:

http://my.earthlink.net/article/us?guid=20...911141885422952

From the article:

They say Bain's brother called 911 alleging Bain was high on cocaine and had shut himself in the house with their 78-year-old mother, who had an order of protection.

yep, too bad, they could have just used Shorty's other fav company and bribed him with dounuts...

Super-donut-Cop--24473.jpg

Sure.

Re taser: The mother seems to have been in mortal danger in this case.

The problem with the whole taser thing is that they are representing it as being something much safer than a gun, so some police officers feel free to use it when they are mad at an alleged perp (some stories here of people being tased for no reason), and use it multiple times. Some people studying it think that if you get jolted at a certain point in the heart's cycle, it stops the heart. The company ought to have to be more up front about the very real dangers of this thing, and police need to be trained to understand that they are potentially using deadly force when they use it. I just have a big problem with the company constantly dismissing the incidents of death or heart attacks as being coincidence or caused by other factors.

Archived