IDS World Markets Mon 29th September 08

Good Morning!

Welcome to Intraday Stool! Thanks to aussiebear for her daily opening!

You can join the discussion by registering (PG rated user names only, please) and posting here as well.

Registration is easy. Just click the Register link above, enter your email address (which you have the option to keep confidential), and enter a user name. To keep out spammers and scammers, I'll send you an email with a few Monty Python type questions. Just reply with your answers, and I'll approve your registration as soon as I receive your reply.

Unfortunately, due to the barrage of spammers using Gmail and certain European email providers, including yahoo.co.uk, we cannot process any registrations associated with a gmail address. In that case please use the email address from your isp, or some other provider.

If you have questions about how to register and post, use the Help link in the menu bar at the top of the page.

If you know others who might be interested in joining us, use the email to a friend link above the thread.

Many tanks for joining us!

Doc

Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time you don't find the information helpful, I'll give you a full refund. It's that simple!Click here for more information.

Subscribe to the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition Precious Metals Daily, just $39 quarterly. Try it risk free for 30 days!

Get this indispensable daily analysis and support the Stool!

rfwsad.gif

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think 0% interest rate is even better than 700Bi:

Did it work?

no because nobody borrowed any money and put it to work

the 700 will be deployed, big difference

"Hello, Hank......is that a $700 billion bonar in yer pocket, or are ya just happy to see me? Anyway, nice package there fellar!" :lol:

$700 Billion :blink: is one helluva chunk O' change

don't fade that sheet :mellow:

693497[/snapback]

Depends on whether it's borrowed or printed. If it's borrowed, it is potentially the most bearish single event in the history of finance. If it's printed, it's still bearish, but the impact will be more spread out over time.

IF it gets passed,it will be $250 bill to start....And would take weeks if not months before it really hits the tape I would guess.

I don't think we rally much from here no matter how much it is.But I sure as heck would not go short right now :blink:

693499[/snapback]

As I alluded to in last night's Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition, I wouldn't short it either, but it has the potential to be the one of the greatest shorting opportunities in the history of finance.

doesn't it depend on where it's borrowed from?

i.e., from the open market

vs.

from the Fed

wouldn't the latter case essentially be "printing"?

693522[/snapback]

Dzackly! So far, it's been borrowed. See the Fed Report in the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition. http://wallstreetexaminer.com

Ultimately, it all gets printed.

693524[/snapback]

That's the conventional wisdom. I'm not so sure that it's correct this time.

Archived