Happy Noo Year

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rockhead, Do you watch for range breaks on the trin & trinq charts too?

Thanks for reminding me to check them. When things get slow, sometime I don't pay close attention.

Anyway,

Timeframe: trinq 5 min. chart range: 1 to 1.5

IQ charts makes it pretty easy, one can setup the chart to track price within it's current range in any timeframe. stock, index, whatever.

Good luck rich!  Watch out for those Fannie gaps!  :lol:

Thanks Doc.

Do you remember this time last year. Da Bears were in deep funk. It got real quiet on IDS. I kept you company and I hadn't made my first trade yet. What a difference a year makes. Keep up the great work and tanks a lot.

Rich

Happy New Year to stoolies the world over.

jump.gif

The stool army grows.

invasion.gif

party.gif dance.gif biggringift.gif ylsurprise.gif

partysmiley.gif tuut.gif ylsuper.gif

Rockhead, Do you watch for range breaks on the trin & trinq charts too?

Thanks for reminding me to check them. When things get slow, sometime I don't pay close attention.

Anyway,

Timeframe: trinq 5 min. chart range: 1 to 1.5

IQ charts makes it pretty easy, one can setup the chart to track price within it's current range in any timeframe. stock, index, whatever.

Sniff..

I draw trendlines, channels, ranges, etc. on TICK and TRIN and when they break I get interested.

Here is what I saw.

TRIN was decreasing since 11:15 AM or so....follow the cyan colored 20 period MA. Nice downslope so that was bullish, even though level of TRIN was bearish (above 1.0). TICK was positive when TRIN decreasing, so it was bullish since 11:15 AM or so.

I also had a trendline, yellow line, drawn from about 11:15 to 13:03. Then around 13:41 TRIn turned up and 20 period MA also followed with the move up. Then they broke the trendline. But, we never really saw any negative TICK. We spiked down, but didnt stay down. That hurt.

Honestly, I dont watch TICK or TRIN on any chart other than one minute. If I am day trading, thats all I need. 5 minute absorbs too much data so you cant see the moves.

post-3-1041363267_thumb.gif

Happy New Year everyone. Doc and all Stoolies thank you for being here and showing me your ways as well as sharing the fellowship that is Stoolville so warmly.

Made my last trade of the year earlier, a little dong on my fave swinger QLGC for a possible two day expedition at 34.65.

FWIW.....NYSE 30 minute TICK TRIN

How could this be usefull? I dont know. Dont know how to read that much data.

TRIN 20 period MA shows to be above 1.0 so that would be bearish. TICK seems to be more positve than negative...so......I dont know....maybe is spells distribution.

Just posted this for a comparison view.

post-3-1041363632_thumb.gif

Archived