B4 The Bell Frieday October 1

higher RUT

Record highs three good days away

MMs investment of choice

I say again

Why screw around standing in front of power shorting the market

Find something else until this blows over.

other things are working..bonds metals commodities dollar oil

The equities are too easily controlled and thats all the votes give a flying wingohockingmoyamensing about

Ya it sickens me what a mockery they have turned this "market" into

But there is other ways to win the war

I dont mean to rub salt into the wounds of those that got hit yet again today. I have a bagful of puts that are rapidly going to zero. The metals calls are helping but insurance is a must just in case the unthinkable happens.

We have to be there with funds when it lets go. Ive got to many battle scars from years gone by. They will not take me out this time. NFW and PLEASE...

Take delivery

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRIAN REMEMBER THIS

And the federal Progressive Conservative government of John Diefenbaker was almost tossed out of office.

The year was 1962. The Canadian dollar was devalued to an unheard-of 92.5 cents U.S. - and thus was born the Diefendollar or Diefenbuck

<_< ;)

BRIAN REMEMBER THIS

And the federal Progressive Conservative government of John Diefenbaker was almost tossed out of office.

The year was 1962. The Canadian dollar was devalued to an unheard-of 92.5 cents U.S. - and thus was born the Diefendollar or Diefenbuck

<_< ;)

Betcha didn't know that DIEF in Dutch = THIEF :lol:

Or as the Romans used to say NOMEN EST OMEN --your name is your fate :rolleyes:

smartass :lol:

The real raason for the rally is Mahendra callign for a 14 day declien starting today.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

When he's wrong he twists things around to try to make it look like his prediction was different. When he's right he boasts too much.

Fourteen DAYS ????

He ASSURED me that stocks will fall for the NEXT TEN YEARS, and we would NEVER SEE THESE SEP. '04 PRICES AGAIN.

Maybe his crystal ball was upside down ... :o

Seeking solace in diversion, I'm now watching last night's debate courtesy of Cspan. I'm struck by the brilliance of whoever here started referring to him as "the idiot prince". I don't know why it is, but I can see right through his incoherent, good ole boy drawl as he fumbles for words and phrases. The guy's just a twerp. I don't know how he got to where he is, but he's risen stratospheres above his level of competence. G.W. Bush may be qualified to sell celphones, long distance plans, or maybe bibles. But he's not a leader. He's not a president. He's not presidential. He's a puppet, and a pisspoor forked-tongued twerp of a puppet at that.

Seeking solace in diversion, I'm now watching last night's debate courtesy of Cspan. I'm struck by the brilliance of whoever here started referring to him as "the idiot prince". I don't know why it is, but I can see right through his incoherent, good ole boy drawl as he fumbles for words and phrases. The guy's just a twerp. I don't know how he got to where he is, but he's risen stratospheres above his level of competence. G.W. Bush may be qualified to sell celphones, long distance plans, or maybe bibles. But he's not a leader. He's not a president. He's not presidential. He's a puppet, and a pisspoor forked-tongued twerp of a puppet at that.

Clearly True.

Probably there is some truth to talk of $$$$$$$$$$ devaluation.

G-7 may have worked this out, as stop gap measure to address

U.S. account deficits in an effort to at least slow the pendulam.

Markets have rallied up on Dollar weakness over the past year, as

the perception of Street must be, weaker Dollar is only hope of

getting a grip on an unsustainable Trade and Current Account problem.

Multinationals win.......as profits are made in appreciating world currencies

conversion back to $$$ is swelling bottom line. They are all that count

...................right..............

I've no doubt that U.S. is desperate enough to sell Tiawan down the drain

in order to get China to play ball with Yuan peg......etc.

I think once all the Firewalls are in place.......ALL markets are going to be

"allowed" to sink to whatever entropic liquidation levels needed for......

clearing.

Big Banks have off-loaded most risk to bundled bonds and are in fine

shape to cherry pick values, just like they did in the Depression......that

they caused then as now.

All that really matters to the Powers that Be is that Big Banks and their

protector ..the Federal Government..........Survives...........

We are on our own.

Shorty posted this over on IDS today. Wonder if anyone else has info?

xpresstrade site shut down again today via denial-of-service attack

from their email:

"Our network was overwhelmed and swamped throughout the day by the resulting attack. An avalanche of bogus traffic was directed at our network from tens of thousands of IP addresses around the world, and it didn't let up all day.

We're incredibly upset by today's events. More specifically, we're angry, because this attack was intentional, malicious, and criminal. We've been in close contact with the Chicago office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and we're cooperating fully to help bring the perpetrator to justice. The FBI tells us that similar attacks have occurred in the past several days on other financial institutions, and authorities are doing their best to trace the attacker, believed to be operating somewhere in the Baltic republics in Eastern Europe. The FBI apparently has established a special Internet crime task force, the matter has been referred to the task force, and we understand that every effort is being made to locate the criminal. Still, we've been cautioned not to be particularly optimistic about the possibility of catching and punishing the person or group responsible. For starters, the extortionists behind these crimes are sophisticated and very clever about masking their identities and exact whereabouts. In addition, maddeningly, the FBI often receives very little assistance from local law enforcement in the Baltic states, which have become a hotbed for all kinds of financial crime, including fraud, extortion, and money laundering. It turns out that some of these countries, eager for an incoming flow of Dollars and always happy to stick it to the U.S. and American companies, deliberately look the other way and don't provide much help to the FBI.

We've also taken the fairly unusual step of contacting a number of our competitors today to share information. Since the futures and forex brokerage community is a relatively small one, we have friends and acquaintances at our rivals, and we've learned that other firms -- including Forex Capital Markets (FXCM), Global Forex Trading (GFT), Peregrine Financial Group (PFG), and Gain Capital, among others -- have been similarly attacked and disabled the past couple of days. Some even made a business decision and paid the ransom (which frankly disappoints us, since we all know that dealing with crooks and terrorists is counter-productive), in hopes that the attacker would honor his word, yet these firms were hit with denial-of-service attacks anyway! We're going to continue to work with these other firms -- they may be competitors, but more importantly, they're industry colleagues and fellow American companies facing a similar threat -- to do everything possible to find and prosecute the jerks responsible, and to protect all of our companies against future attacks."

Archived