IDS World Markets Fri 19th September 08

Honest Question:

Other than flap their gums and instill a "No Short" Rule, has anything been implemented? If not, then aren't we just rallying on open mouth committee gimmicks?

690907[/snapback]

I think in the wake of FNM/FRE, AIG and the short-ban, the threatened actions (whatever they are) by Fed/Treasury/Congress are to be taken as earnest sponsorship.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow Gloomberg has two guyz talking the truth about all these bailouts. They'd never fly on CBNC.

690919[/snapback]

Crapvision is there usual clueless, rah-rah selves, but there are guests and Santini, and Whisky Haines giving the semblance of taking the other side.

Got canned goods?

CannedFoods2.jpg

DJ MARKET TALK: Bye Bye Dollar, Dollar Bye Bye

2:20 (Dow Jones) "Oh boy, bye bye the U.S. AAA rating...and the dollar,"

Yves Smith writes at naked capitalism, regarding the government's big bailout

plans. "The financial markets are simply too large for the US taxpayer to

stand behind them all, but that isn't going to prevent the authorities from

trying." (ADE)

(http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2008/09/us-to-implement-temporary-backstop-to.ht

l)

Geez....I had to take a freakin xanax to calm down after this week.I still can't believe What i have seen in the last 6 or 7 trading days.

I have been outta my trade for hours but I'm still totally stressed :huh:

That was the hardest money i ever made...And almost lost a years paycheck in the process.....Hoping the market tanks,but I'm pretty sure we rocket on the close <_<

Info babe Sue reporting that CIT is petitioning the SEC put it on the banned short sale list. WTF. I guess everyone will want on that list. This has got to end very badly. :ph34r:

690877[/snapback]

i wish they had banned me from short selling. i wouldn't be in this mess now.

:P

There you have it.? Erin Burnett to Bill Gross:? "So, are you looking forward to managing all these government assets, haha"

Gross:? "We haven't been contacted yet, but we are expecting the call soon."

690923[/snapback]

The Fox in charge of the Hen house, it's kind of like taking Goldman's CEO and putting him in charge of the Treasury with special bailout powers and big bazookas of money for his finagler friends.

Cue the sound of mortgages not being paid, once the lying liars of the Alt-As hear they can renegotiate principal if they are in arrears and they'll get a 3-month payment holiday for yet another set of lies.

We are making a new generation of criminals who will continue to prey on the public for decades.

I suggest you not buy gold, but ammo.

you are not forced to close out ....just can not short

http://www.sec.gov/rules/other/2008/34-58592.pdf

This emergency action should prevent short selling from being used to drive down the share prices of issuers even where there is no fundamental basis for a price decline other than general market conditions.

IT IS ORDERED that, pursuant to our Section 12(k)(2) powers, all persons are prohibited from short selling3 any publicly traded securities of any Included Financial Firm.

Similar to the Amended July Emergency Order, we are providing a limited exception for certain bona fide market makers. We believe this narrow exception is necessary because such market makers may need to facilitate customer orders in a fast moving market without possible delays associated with complying with the requirements of this Order.

This Order shall be effective immediately and shall terminate at 11:59 p.m. EDT on October 2, 2008, unless further extended by the Commission.

Geez....I had to take a freakin xanax to calm down after this week.I still can't believe What i have seen in the last 6 or 7 trading days.

I have been outta my trade for hours but I'm still totally stressed :huh:

That was the hardest money i ever made...And almost lost a years paycheck in the process.....Hoping the market tanks,but I'm pretty sure we rocket on the close <_<

690926[/snapback]

try lowering your trade size. Especially in this environment.....It will certainly help reduce stress....

or buy gold and forget about it :D

Archived