"As Good As It Gets" Shopping Melee

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maxxi:

Here is an example.

Phelps Dodge.

Huge volume selloff in October, but I bet you won't see the low 80's for a long time.

Those lows were never revisted.

This stock will probably keep moving up to $110

wndysrf:

Thanks for the feedback!

Had a look at the other metals and found SWC.

This could be the mother of all shakeouts. :)

You know, sometimes we lose perspective of the bigger picture.

SWC on a daily looked truly horrific but it's set up an ABC to get back inside the TR.

Have a look at the weekly and SWC has drawn a huge hammer on monster volume (capitulation within the confines of a bull flag).

If there was ever any doubt as to what SWC is doing the monthly tells the story.

post-1282-1101663163.gif

post-1282-1101663200.gif

post-1282-1101663264.gif

Yes, Maxxi......

Odds are extremely high that those lows on SWC was a huge bottom, never to be seen for a long time.

Probably "dead money" for the next couple of weeks, but it should start moving up at a decent pace in a month or so.........

I had some SWC, and I got rid of it last week. Not because I thought it was going lower, but there was another stock I wanted to buy, and I don't buy a new stock in a sector until I get rid of a loser in that sector (if I have any).

SWC and HMY were my only losers in the PM sector, so I had to "dump those bitches" to pick up BVN and CBJ last week............

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If SWC and HMY are "resubstantiated", there will be plenty of time to get back in........

Yes, Maxxi......

Odds are extremely high that those lows on SWC was a huge bottom, never to be seen for a long time.

SWC and HMY were my only losers in the PM sector, so I had to "dump those bitches" to pick up BVN and CBJ last week............

:lol:? :lol:? :lol:? :lol:

If SWC and HMY are "resubstantiated", there will be plenty of time to get back in........

You pick some great stocks, don't you? CBJ and BVN are my largest holdings...

BVN is about to go parabolic. NEM leads but BVN has greater percentage moves.

post-1282-1101678046.gif

post-1282-1101678054.gif

Re:  CTA's and the $USD

My guess is that the dollar will in fact bounce, and the Euro will pull back, but gold holds its position, based on the knowledge that the ECB is being railroaded by the Rest of the World to "get on board and buy your share of T-Bones like everyone else"............

Europe's exports are suffering, but in reality, its the "Rest of the World" that is suffering, because the Rest of the World is choking on excess dollars, and they want EuroLand to "pitch in", buy some dollars or T-Bones, and relieve the pressure on Japan on China...........

Either way, more currency debasement is likely to support commodity prices, especially gold, even if the dollar rallies.

But of course, ANYTHING can happen, so we have to be prepared to deal with whatever occurs next, including a stock market crash, or even a post-Y2K blowoff........

I think that currencies move differently than the stock market. First, the volume in currency markets is so much larger than that for individual stocks. Second the percentage of pure speculators is much smallers vs. the role of central banks and asset backed securities and government debt issuers. I think that the speculators and hedgers are surfing atop a tidal wave right now and the dollar decline will continue until their is a sharp move up in rates or some sort of other deflationary action like a large drop in the deficit or employment in the United States.

We could of course be saved by a heroic effort by the Chinese and Japanese Central Bankers as happened earlier in the year but now that they've changed their mind against the dollar the odds of that are getting slim. Once politicians take a stand on something, especially in Asia, they don't easily reverse themselves.

Don Coxe talks about BHP Billiton in his weakly call:

http://www.bmoharrisprivatebanking.com/webcast.asp

BHP Billiton Limited is a diversified resources group. The Company is an exporter of metallurgical coal for the steel industry; an exporter of energy coal; a producer of iron ore, copper, nickel metal, manganese ore, primary aluminium and manganese and chrome ferroalloys. It also has substantial interests in oil, gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), diamonds, silver and titanium minerals.

bhp.gif

One should also look at Shell

I would buy oil and gas producers. Only down side at the moment is the crude is in correction ABC correction mode.

BHP is on a wave 3 rocket ride.

Look at the 10yr., monthly on BP. IMO, they're missing the breakout on that stock.

Look for the rinse in Jan./Feb.05. It's a tradition........(all oil stocks).

stock-scanners.

I used stockcharts scan-engine a year ago, and was just about to re-signup with them, when I thought I should ask if anyone had recommendations for other, better, free, etc..

tanks!

dozer,

I can't recommend one in particular - I mostly use Ameriturd's Advanced Analyzer. and wndy works very well. :D But here are some to check out - 12 at this link:

isn screener links

small cap center

now all you need is a screener screener.

:lol: :lol:

tanks BM !

I'll go peruse 'em....

Max

Good find.

It won?t see the shake out low. Stop loss should be left right under the low (9.25)

Maxxi:

Here is an example.

Phelps Dodge.

Huge volume selloff in October, but I bet you won't see the low 80's for a long time.

Those lows were never revisted.

This stock will probably keep moving up to $110

wndysrf:

Thanks for the feedback!

Had a look at the other metals and found SWC.

This could be the mother of all shakeouts. :)

You know, sometimes we lose perspective of the bigger picture.

SWC on a daily looked truly horrific but it's set up an ABC to get back inside the TR.

Have a look at the weekly and SWC has drawn a huge hammer on monster volume (capitulation within the confines of a bull flag).

If there was ever any doubt as to what SWC is doing the monthly tells the story.

Archived