Valentine's Day Ultimatum

WRH- earlier in the day when the subject of astrology was getting kicked around the block-someone posted "ask anyone in an Emergency room what happens on a full moon"  well I have two family members in your field who concur with the poster plus our own DOC concurs-Wade in here WRH so the doubters understand-I'll provide crayons if they need them.  trade safe!

When I am on call and it is a full moon, my life is hell. The consults from the emergency department do not stop.

To put this into perspective, when I was a senior resident making the call schedule for the residents, and subsequently a fellow making the call schedule for the senior residents, it was common practice to avoid taking call the night before, the night of, and the night after a full moon.

It was the junior's responsibility to find out when the full moon was.

Not only is it busy, but bad things happen. In my specialty of Plastic Surgery, people do things like cutting their hands off, sustaining major burns, etc. The drug addicted community comes out in full force with their infected veins. The alcohol addicted community is close behind.

My cardiology colleagues are even busier than I. You might think this an exaggeration but I assure you it is that bad. Just ask Madame. Go to any major metropolitan hospital emergency department on a full moon and ask the attending staff whether they think things are worse than normal.

Regards

WH

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HyperT's 14.5 month prognosis may prove too conservative; the debt-fix disease runs epidemic among clueless genXYers, latest case in point:

there was a book written many years ago called "A Return to Thrift." its a good, non-partisan read that details the gubberment's woes and how they have ingrained rising costs into entitlements and retirement pay.

Hate to admit it, but Hypers scenario getting closer by the day. We have officially become a nation of hamburger flippers and service providers that would make Dave Thomas proud. Malinvestment continues with massive bond financed soon to be empty stadiums dotting the countryside. The consumer of last resort is about to get a margin call and it isnt going to be pretty. Windy if there was ever a time for LTSH its the next 5 weeks (see AMGN and EBAY)...not anticipating a crash scenario but a continued decline would suit this bear fine. May sound a little unpatriotic but its better that we make some coin than daboyz take it all. Quite an expose in The Jessie Livermore story about the filth on wall street. Seems the MMs of yesteryear use to form stock pools (see AMGN and EBAY)...... for the sole purpose of bringing a stock to market and distributing to the sheeple (see AMGN and EBAY)......within these pools, certain traders would trade back and forth "creating the illusion" of demand in the market (see AMGN and EBAY)..., when it was actually non existent (see AMGN and EBAY).........just glad to be able to beat these crooks at their own con! just wish I could convince friends and family as to how the game is really played. will reload spx puts for every 10 point increase in the Index , lots of overhead resistance between 840 and 850...THE KODIAK is about to feast...look for North Korea to stoak the fire in Lanas pits and hopefully for the french to ally with Iraq....and hey roast em....

GTN- by his own admission has gone LONG-as I said last nite he was about to offer himself up as a human sacrifice to the long side.  Luck-GTN you will need it.  I see a furious spike in the A>M> and failure around 843 and down we go. Trade Safe!

B4 - I'm thinking that since the 6-7 wk cycles are now in their up-phase, and equity OPEX is Friday, I'm expecting this rally to peak on Tuesday and go sideways through Friday. Next Monday, we'll resume the down draft. That's based on some max-pain numbers I sampled last week.

If you want a preview of Detroit's future just drive up the Upper Ohio River Valley... through the dying towns and rusting industrial complexes. Weirton, Wheeling, Steubenville, Youngstown, etc. It's slow strangulation or death by a thousand job? cuts.

FORD is laboring under CRUSHING debt. Auto's are supposed to drive 1 out of 7 some say 1 of 5 jobs in America.

Torah, presumably you were shoveling SNOW and SNOT something else? LOLOL

good grief! "Queen For A Day"??? that DATES this participant.

all those overweight ladies from blue collar neighborhoods like Chicago's South Side with their tear-jerking stories! Then they would win prizes like a refrigerator, etc. Was Linkletter the host of that?

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/paulcra...r20030212.shtml

here's an article from www.townhall.com

the author, paul craig roberts, states that personal debt is 100% of personal income and mortgage debt has risen 55% in past 5 years. can that be correct?

. . . . good grief! "Queen For A Day"??? that DATES this participant.

all those overweight ladies from blue collar neighborhoods like Chicago's South Side with their tear-jerking stories! Then they would win prizes like a refrigerator, etc. Was Linkletter the host of that?

Sorry it took so long to answer BARE, I was doin' dis an dat. The host was Jack Bailey.

They were more interested in T and A rather than TA, had something to do with all the broken hips and arthritic knees versus augmentations.....

My ortho buddies idea of skin closure is using staples for skin. Their idea of cosmetic surgery is placing the staples the same distance apart :grin:

Regards

WH

Archived