B4 The Bell, Tuezelday, July 6

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DJ US Treasury 3 Mo: 1.320%; 18.53% At High

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--The U.S. Treasury awarded $18.00 billion in three-month bills at Tuesday's auction at a high rate of 1.320%.

The Treasury received bids totaling $39.43 billion and accepted $18.00 billion, including $1.52 billion of noncompetitive tenders. The dollar price was 99.666 and the investment rate, or bond-equivalent return, was 1.344%.

The Treasury also sold $395 million of bills to foreign and international monetary authority accounts on a noncompetitive bidding basis. Foreign and international noncompetitive tenders totaled $395 million.

The bid-to-cover ratio, an indication of demand, was 2.19, Treasury said.

Tenders submitted at the high yield were allotted 18.53%.

The median rate was 1.310%; that is, 50% of the amount of accepted competitive bids were tendered at or below that rate.

Of the competitive bids accepted, 5% were tendered at or below the rate of 1.300%.

Dow Jones Newswires

The Global centralized floating exchange rate fractionally reserved created out of thin air debt with interest attached backing created out of thin air debt with interest attached banking branch network or "The System" is the cause...

Everything else is an effect.

Reuters

UPDATE - Communications chip stocks suffer after downgrade

Tuesday July 6, 1:25 pm ET

LOS ANGELES, July 6 (Reuters) - A warning from Conexant Systems Inc. (NasdaqNM:CNXT - News) and a broad downgrade by Lehman Brothers sent shares of U.S. communications chipmakers sharply lower on Tuesday, raising concern about whether the peak of the current recovery for the communications industry has passed.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040706/tech_commun...s_stocks_2.html

It's bad enough when politicians stand as accomplices to plunder. It's that much worse when they hide the plunder behind bastardized definitions of easily understood words.

It's bad enough when politicians stand as accomplices to plunder. It's that much worse when they hide the plunder behind bastardized definitions of easily understood words.

hunter - Sounds like your pissed off about something.

Can you give an example of "bastardized definitions of easily understood words"?

Over at the Daily Reckoning there are 2 great reads-if you reallllly want to scare yourself read Kurt Richebachers piece and part 2 of the Bonner families return to America is even more hilarious than the first! ;)

brian,

i agree about the articles.

btw

i have only recently hung out at b4 (i was always at intraday stoool)

do you have just a quick post that can tell me what your approach to the market is

you're doing fantastic but i don't know what it's based on

Archived