IDS World Markets Fri 10th August 07

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning Aussiebear,

Thought you or anyone else might like to see this 2 minute interview of Wilber Ross yesterday on the Closing Bell with Maria.? The segment was called "Betting on Subprime", but Ross tells it straight and shares what he thinks is coming; very Stoolish viewpoints from a serious, big time, no BS self funder.?

?

(remove the space in the initials).

Maybe one day Lee will get the invite.?  Yikes !? ;)

598278[/snapback]

Hmmm seems like I don't have the right programme to view that...did download what I thought was needed but no go :rolleyes:

598291[/snapback]

This is the direct link, http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=461490509

But it won't play for me on Mac.

Thanks for the link FauxCaster. The video was reduced to a couple of stills but audio came thru loud and clear...

in most indeces i watch we are not even at the 200 day MA and i dont know not ONE which actually trades below the 200 day MA.

One should be very carefull these days, no doubt, but we have to see how the markets behave when we touch the 200 day MA. Maybe it will be just another buy opportunity, who knows.

But after all, the 100 billion pump by the ECB yesterday is very VERY fishy.

Sometimes the best postion is CASH.

in most indeces i watch we are not even at the 200 day MA and i dont know not ONE which actually trades below the 200 day MA.

One should be very carefull these days, no doubt, but we have to see how the markets behave when we touch the 200 day MA. Maybe it will be just another buy opportunity, who knows.

But after all, the 100 billion pump by the ECB yesterday is very VERY fishy.

Sometimes the best postion is CASH.

598320[/snapback]

Hey FxFox, how u doing?

The Dax is under the 200WMA, CAC is under everything, stoxx 50 and Eurostoxx 600 under the 200SMA and WMA, FTSE under everything. Which euro broads do you watch?

You better call your Boomberg representative and tell them to stop messing with your terminal. Oh, and add 60 Euro Bi's to yesterdays injection... got to keep up with these things.

Another pig comes in to the roaster:

"Deutsche Bank AG's DWS unit, Germany's biggest mutual fund company, said the value of one of its investment funds has fallen by 30 percent since the end of July as subprime mortgage losses roiled credit markets.

Assets in the DWS ABS Fund fell to 2.1 billion euros ($2.9 billion) from 3 billion euros as clients pulled money and investments lost value"

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...1GT0&refer=home

30% in 7 trading days? Is that alot?

never seen this before... only used

Mortgage-Backed Collateral

DJ Fed Accepts $19 Bln In 3-Day RPs

Type of transaction: 3-Day RPs

Total accepted: $19 Bln

Total submitted: $31.2 Bln

Mortgage-Backed Collateral Operations

Total accepted: $19 Bln

Total submitted: $31.2 Bln

Stop-Out Rate: 5.15%

Weighted Average: 5.24%

High-rate submitted: 5.35%

Low-rate submitted: 4%

(Data was provided by the New York Federal Reserve Bank).

my gut instinct is to go long.

The CBs are manning the pumps all over the world.

Will it be enough or is this really it???

Can't believe I have waited all this time and I wanna throw long.

The liquidity mantra has finally gotten through.

Where are the liquidity gurus??

598269[/snapback]

I shake my head in wonderment. The reason for all this emergency pumping is that we are in the beginning stages of the meltdown of the credit bubble, a credit crunch, and a liquidity crisis. This central bank cash is desperately needed by the banks to enable them to carry all the paper that they are suddenly not able to liquidate in the market. This is NOT boolish. It's a crash. The Fed also tried to pump things up in the 1929 crash to no avail. Go read Kindlebarger's Manias, Panics, and Crashes. Dense, boring, obtuse, but it's all there in all the gory detail.

And ream member. There's no such things a support in a bear market.

a guy in OZ has had a secondary correction target on the Ords at 5650 which looks like it could match that LW target on the SPOOs around 1380

598276[/snapback]

1387 is the number I'm looking for. Sure feels like it's coming our way. A move below 1432 will cinch it, IMO.

1387 is the 78.6% Fib retrace of the whole 2002-2007 move and, not coincidentally, the technical bottom from March07 when you look at the weeklies.

So the 1387-1432 zone is pretty much the whole technical topping and bottoming enchilada from Feb/Mar07.

If they take 'er up instead, then 1387 will have to wait until later. In that case, the usual suspects apply: 1448-1453, 1476, 1505ish, 1532ish.

598280[/snapback]

Looks like the inverse of 78.6%. A 78.6% correx would have it down in the 800s, right? :unsure:

What a pleasant morning. Woke up early got to watch Mark Faber on Bloomberg. Pure enjoyment listening to him describe the current recession and the beginning of a bear market. Truth and intelligence was a refreshing breakfast compared to usual morning bowl of fruity pebbles.

Also liked some guy named Mark Gilbert who compared the subprime mess to boiling a frog. You know, if you put a frog in a pot and slowly turn up the heat, it doesn't realize its dying. :lol:

Went short again yesterday and looks like they're going to stick. Will look to add any bounce (if I get that lucky). This should be the start of the second leg down.

Archived