IDS World Markets Fri 10th August 07

Futures collapsing!!

YM -150

ES -19

Another monster gap down...

598300[/snapback]

Are you jumping on the short bandwagon madness or is it to risky to chase the weakness?

598301[/snapback]

It's nevah too late to short.

You don't have to short the indexes...

You can probably find weaker plays on individual stocks.

For example, i put up CAT yesterday. It has a perfect head and shoulder pattern. If the neckline breaks. Short it to hell baby!

K-Wave was right. This next move down was going to be a good one. When Doc, Leewhee and the Ribbon man on all on the same boat. Don't fade these guys. :lol:

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Futures collapsing!!

YM -150

ES -19

Another monster gap down...

598300[/snapback]

Are you jumping on the short bandwagon madness or is it to risky to chase the weakness?

598301[/snapback]

I just went balls to the walls long on ES at 1439.75...

Stop if we take out 1435....

The low on the september contract was last friday at 1437....

Trade Safe.

Analcysts on Gloomberg are the most bearish on oil since May 2005 ! Sometimes there's a lag between a bearish peak and a bottom. Never trade based solely on one indicator, but the boolish level at the last high was so low that it's hard to believe there will be a very significant correction (commodity style correction), even though the XLE corrected anticipating the correction in Oil as usual.

RISE NEUTRAL FALL

11 5 23

In the midst of the current liquidation Oil has lost almost 10% from its peak.

Madness, do your stops on futures get filled accurately, or do you have to figure a +/- spread on the fill for your VAR.

598308[/snapback]

Liquidity has been good these days.

Spreads are only .25.

I just got stopped out at 1434.50

598309[/snapback]

What's the plan now madness. Buy lower or reverse & go short?

Madness, do your stops on futures get filled accurately, or do you have to figure a +/- spread on the fill for your VAR.

598308[/snapback]

Liquidity has been good these days.

Spreads are only .25.

I just got stopped out at 1434.50

598309[/snapback]

What's the plan now madness. Buy lower or reverse & go short?

598310[/snapback]

Watch....and stay in cash for now.

Lets take a look at panic support levels just in case.

The German DASH30 , gaped under the 200 WMA, still above the 200 SMA (7085), and obvious round number / Feb top support around 7000. The top was some measly 20 points above '00's top, never closed above 00's intraday highs though it made a new intraday high.

post-2204-1186748444_thumb.jpg

The French CRAC40, obvious support at round number / Feb May'06 top 5300 or an undercut to 5250. It's already trading under the usual 200/50 MA's, and below YTD line.

post-2204-1186747658_thumb.jpg

Footsie is already undercutting May '06 nominal top.

Blame the "uptick rule" meme now being spread. Not the black boxes or the 10:1 leverage hedgefunds. Not the collapsing credit market. Not the ca-gillion new levered EFTs.  Nope, it's the "uptick rule".

598313[/snapback]

Pigsters always find a scapegoat to deter people from the fact that they are cashing in big on all of this. In real estate it was subprime - which they used to inflate the bubble even further and made big bucks slicing and dicing this stuff in to CDO's and assorted "structures". And now the media blames subprime and poor people trying to get a home they can't afford for the housing collapse, it's sick.

Now they make big bucks with the elimination of the uptick rule and are already planning the field to make it the scape goat of a very healthy correction that is long due.

Anything throwing off yield & not in banking/finance is getting by relatively untouched. Most of my longs are doing just fine -- much to my suprise :D . In addition it is allowing me to grab additional income by writing calls that will expire worthless if we continue down.....sweet :lol:

Archived