B4 the Bell Toozleday Aug 31, 2004

Guest yobob1

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTO OKs Sanctions Vs. U.S. in Trade Row

Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:01 AM ET

By Richard Waddington

GENEVA (Reuters) - The European Union and its allies got the go-ahead on Tuesday to slap potentially heavy sanctions on U.S. goods in a row that could stir trade tensions ahead of the U.S. elections.

http://www.reuters.com/financeNewsArticle....storyID=6114826

heads up on INTC. Every hedge fund I know is short this stock in size. I think their business stinks and they may very well have no choice but to warn on Thursday. Still I am concerned about a short squeeze in this name.

Straddle?

I'm flat. Just bought some $22.5 calls at $0.15. Hopefully will get a chance to short against them.

WTO OKs Sanctions Vs. U.S. in Trade Row

Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:01 AM ET

By Richard Waddington

GENEVA (Reuters) - The European Union and its allies got the go-ahead on Tuesday to slap potentially heavy sanctions on U.S. goods in a row that could stir trade tensions ahead of the U.S. elections.

http://www.reuters.com/financeNewsArticle....storyID=6114826

What goods?? I thought this was the new business paradigm out-side the box hedge fund service economy...

Guest bullseatshitndie
in fact the contrarian in me sez take a small long in intc. Maybe a few cheap calls?

i almost fell on the floor by the mere mentioning of soup taking a "long". :P

DJ 14-Day Cash Mgmt Bills: High 1.480%; At High 64.49%

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--The stop-out rate was 1.480% on the Treasury's sale of $16.00 billion of 14-day cash management bills at Tuesday's auction.

The Treasury received bids totaling $38.79 billion for the bills and accepted $16.00 billion. The dollar price was 99.942 and the investment rate, or bond-equivalent return, was 1.513%.

There were no noncompetitive bids.

Tenders submitted at the high yield were allotted 64.49%. The bid-to-cover ratio was 2.42.

The median rate was 1.470%; that is, 50% of the amount of accepted competitive bids were tendered at or below that rate. Of the competitive bids accepted, 5% were tendered at or below the rate of 1.400%.

The 14-day bill settles Sept. 1 and matures Sept. 15. The CUSIP number is 912795TC5.

Dow Jones Newswires

Study: C-E-O's at companies that outsource jobs get biggest pay

WASHINGTON A study says the heads of American companies that exported the most service jobs last year received more money and benefits.

The average compensation rose by 46 percent for chief executive officers at the 50 firms that did the most outsourcing. That compares to a nine percent increase for C-E-Os at 365 large corporations overall

http://www.kasa.com/Global/story.asp?S=2238370

Rog: any thoughts on big O.I. in the seppie 22.5's? I show 107,000 outstanding.

$22.5 is the breakdown point and has capped every advance. Put + call OI is 1.4m shares vs 53m 10-day avg volume. So I don't think it contains proice very long. With a delta of 0.223 only 310k shares are hedged.

I am very bearish on INTC it was one of my largest short positions. If we bounce before the event I will short against the calls. If not the calls will expire worthless and the underlying short will remain.

Archived