B4 The Bell Tearsday October 28

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a couple of weeks of using it I believe that the search engine "Crusty.com" is superior to Google. I've run a number of searches using both engines (and TEOMA.com as well) and clusty comes up with more hits than any other engine. The nifty thing is the way that clusty provides a number of folders down the left side of the screen where it stores your results under a number of other search terms, ones that you haven't even provided.

By indexing the search results like that it has taken a lot of the work out of finding the right answer in the myriad of answers most engines supply. This also helps when your original search criteria might be ambiguous as mine often are.

Try it, I think you'd like it.

Florida is a banana republic run by the Fascists. What's amazing is that they are doing this out in the open. They don't even care if the whole world sees it for what it is. Why bother counting the votes. The election machinery in the key battleground states is controlled by the Fascists.

crusty.com

klutzy.com

...and I've heard a lot worse :lol:

I even wrote to them and offered a domain I own "www.ahha.com",

which would be PERFECT for a search engine...but they didn't even have the courtesy to reply. So F 'em.... :lol:

HOW could such a name EVER have gotten past the head of marketing? What an idiot.

There's a HILARIOUS thread on klutzy at slashdot... :lol:

09:40 ET Build-A-Bear Workshop IPO prices at high end of range; make your own stuffed animal

(BBW) 20.00: Build-A-Bear Workshop prices its IPO at $20, at the top end of its expected $18-$20 range, which was raised from $16-$18 earlier this week. The co is the only national provider a "make your own stuffed animal" interactive "retail-tainment" experience. The co operates 160 stores in 37 states and Canada. The co offers over 30 different styles of animals to be stuffed and a wide variety of clothing, shoes and accessories for the stuffed animals. Its stores, which are primarily located in major malls, capitalize on what the co believes is the relatively untapped demand for experience-based shopping as well as the widespread appeal of stuffed animals.... The co is profitable and reported sales last year of $214 mln, up 26% yoy. For 1st 6 mos of 2004, the co's sales were up 47% yoy at $135.7 mln.... Briefing.com's take on this is that it seems to be a pretty unique retailer which benefits from strong customer loyalty. It's the leader in its space, yet small enough that there is the potential for good growth rates for the next few years.... This is a 6.8 mln share deal led by Citigroup and CSFB.

Me and the wife went into one of the build a bear retail stores a couple weeks ago with our kids....we both thought how stupid is this ....$50.00 bucks to build a stuff animal, give it a fake bath, and buy it some clothes... that same bear cost about 10 bucks at chinamart. Since we found it to be a complete sham and utterly stupid, it will probably be a big hit with the sheeple.

Had a market order working in the crude oil this morning ... took almost an HOUR to get the fill report.

Chicago-based borker says his floor broker at the Nymex in NY is "backed up" because it's "crazy down there" ... accepting "market orders only" (no limit orders).

Dunno what it means, but I don't really like the sound of it ("crazy" conditions on the floor are likelier near tops than bottoms) ... :mellow:

Archived