Swimming Head

My head is swimming.

Can't keep up with all the breakouts and breakdowns.

My longs get crushed, shorts get bid up.

I close both trades.

Next day, they reverse and go the other way.

Anybody else as confused as I am?

Staying on the sidelines again.

At least I still have money left. Lots have lost a bunch, except for the Clearstation Riverboaters, who are now rich enough to start their own country.

I'm tired.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone left standing?

....left the safety of the wood for a short time and was immediately run over by a monster-truck full of bulls on spring break (?)

now at the ER I can say that I'm not alone with this experience... it's full of bears that's been run over by crazy bulls with only one thing on their minds... crush the next resistance levels (they must be seen as red carpets for the bulls) :angry:

I hope they reach the top of the graph soon.... because up there a little sign will say "reality starts here... " and the fall DOWN will be VERY steep

... can't say I'll miss them :grin:

Anyone left standing?

....left the safety of the wood for a short time and was immediately run over by a monster-truck full of bulls on spring break (?)

now at the ER I can say that I'm not alone with this experience... it's full of bears that's been run over by crazy bulls with only one thing on their minds... crush the next resistance levels (they must be seen as red carpets for the bulls) :angry:

I hope they reach the top of the graph soon.... because up there a little sign will say "reality starts here... " and the fall DOWN will be VERY steep

... can't say I'll miss them :grin:

Maybe that is the key. Anyone who hasn't lost his shirt and is still standing when the music finally stops will be the winner. :huh:

If one has capital, he can simply opt to not play these silly money losing games and place it where it earns a little interest and keeps pace with inflation, like buying TIPs. Beats the horrors I read about daily on these boards. I sometimes think this is an S&M club, people want to be hurt so they keep placing bets. There is life outside of speculation, you know?

Yesterdays Stooltrading transcripts.

I want everyone to put some clothes on those girls like My Golden Stool did. Thye're probably cold in those outfits!

I will be introducing Stoolcities in a couple of days. You can have your own free website with 20 megs of space for publishing your own market letter or commentary, or just for a place to upload your charts on the web. It will eventually be template based, but initially you will need an html editor unless you're just posting charts. I'll have more info in the days ahead. The only requirement is that your site's content must be market related.

IF anyone knows of a good easy to use, freee html editor, let us know.

Still standing but frustrated.

Hard to make money unless you know what's gonna happen the next day, because of the gap ups and sector rotation.Chasing and following isn't gonna make money.

The only thing that has worked for me is to watch which stocks are getting bid up during the last half hour of the day.. I watch a hitlist of stocks as they are making their highs and lows for the day. The last half hour has been a great signal for what to look at for longs and shorts for the next day.

Nightly stock scans have produced a lot of breakout patterns but everyone sees the same things so entry is rough

Now truth be told I am not making much money----some---but not much.

I am settling for percentage gains only-----all singles ---no home runs

I only hold a matter of hours or a couple of days at most. That has cost me money but I sleep better.

Being long in light of the economic situation makes no damn sense whatsoever. The economy is in horrible shape and getting worse.

I find few if any stocks that have the kind of balance sheets I would feel comfortable owning long term.

A lot of these screemers are still going to end up BK regardless of the fact they are getting bid up parabolically...............But I sure don't want to be a perma bear and get wiped out either. And making some dough isstill the name of this game.

Now now, Pigeon Drop. Let's not be so judgmental. Trading and gambling have been around since the beginning of time. Everyone likes to dream. And there are a few who do succeed and do very well indeed. Some of them even post right here. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, if it's destroying your life, Click Here.

If one has capital, he can simply opt to not play these silly money losing games and place it where it earns a little interest and keeps pace with inflation, like buying TIPs.  Beats the horrors I read about daily on these boards.  I sometimes think this is an S&M club, people want to be hurt so they keep placing bets.  There is life outside of speculation, you know?

No gambler can stay away from the "action" for long.

Not a judgement, just an observation.

I'm applying my "think like Greenspan" strategy...we'll see how it goes. When I got into DROOY and CALVF a couple weeks ago, I did so knowing that the miner's rally might not have legs for much longer. I got slammed during the last miner's rally by the Hedgies, and was watching for the turn this time, and managed to step aside. Today I went short GG and NEM as both had hit resistance (with bear wedgies), and this is the only short I can think of that Greenie won't mind me making some money on. I'm assuming the unhedged golds are in for a pounding here. Check out the charts. Shorting GG and NEM with very tight stops actually seems relatively safe.

Greenie's already accomplished the goal of getting the Europeans to cut interest rates (I'm guessing), so now it's time to crush the gold speculators with a slightly stronger dollar. It is a truly amazing high wire / juggling act.

Da Boys know they are dealing with a mad man at the wheel, and how precariously this thing is being propped up. This entire rally has been fueled by killing the bears at the most painful times. When the last bear is dead, where will the fuel come from to keep the fire lit?

Plunger

More DROOY longs rinsed.... I learned my lesson on that stock a while ago.

Never again.

INTC goes thru 66,000,000 shares and closes down .05. That's like a massive tornado coming thru a town and not even a leaf fell off.

Time for some R&R... "Bartender!" :D

It's a bad day when the turd shorters like Piles and wndy approach crapitulation.

I can understand the difficulty of shorting the indexes, which I had to quit months ago, but not shorting the turds. Given that we haven't had the "Death of Equities" type sentiment indicators yet, this turd rally is sinister.

Now now, Pigeon Drop. Let's not be so judgmental. Trading and gambling have been around since the beginning of time. Everyone likes to dream. And there are a few who do succeed and do very well indeed. Some of them even post right here. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, if it's destroying your life, Click Here.

Well, I could only answer 5 of their 20 questions in the affirmative - got in under the wire I guess. B)

Archived