Went 100% short at the close.

....don't blame you - i am short as well......

......but look at the p/c ratios.......the whole community is buying puts!!!......doc may be right - pot. blow-off to 960 still in the cards......it takes B**** like an elephant to hang in there......

......there are plenty of questions.......uncle buck is going south.....gold is up $ 2.30 on the electronic market ........bonds as well......that's not logical behavior.......uncle al has all the gates open.......flooding the market .......and equities.....up as well......waiting for the economic explosion.......

.....it's late over here in switzerland......we'll see how the japs are trading on the back of their yen-strength.....

.....maybe mark is right.....massive jam by big al.......keeps the equities up -----for a tiny bit longer......then .....

who knows what will happen.....maybe the puts are a hedge against stock positions.

I feel comfortable entering here,hopefully I don't get hurt.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tim Ord just went long on Comp at the close. he's been all over the place - will he be right or be stopped out again? Mark what's your opinion.

he's been wrong alot,why should today be any different?probably get blown out of his longs now.

Tim Ord just went long on Comp at the close.  he's been all over the place - will he be right or be stopped out again?  Mark what's your opinion.

he's been wrong alot,why should today be any different?probably get blown out of his longs now.

Hope you are right, Mr. H. Kudos to you -- your timing is certainly better than a lot of us -- some two weeks and 50 S&P pts better, so your risk/reward is totally in your favor. Good trading

CSCO spends $2 Billon in cash just to support the stock every time it hits $13...and the shareholders are supposed to feel good about the fact that the best use of $2 billion is to artificially prop up the stock price? It took a look at $16 - but it's backing up fast. Bye Bye!

If you're looking for a real estate play, check out the resistance levels on HOV. Bye Bye!

And Finally...check out the boners on NTES and SOHU!

Sayonara MF!

Let The Games Begin...Plunger

Just back from lunch.

Looks like I missed all the afternoon festivities.

Almost 2.2 billion shares today. Doesn't get any better than that for the bulls.

When is the last time we made a higher high on such huge volume??

Sorry, bear market is over.

Looks like we are headed into a 1999 Parabola.

Went 100% short at the close.

....don't blame you - i am short as well......

......but look at the p/c ratios.......the whole community is buying puts!!!......doc may be right - pot. blow-off to 960 still in the cards......it takes B**** like an elephant to hang in there......

......there are plenty of questions.......uncle buck is going south.....gold is up $ 2.30 on the electronic market ........bonds as well......that's not logical behavior.......uncle al has all the gates open.......flooding the market .......and equities.....up as well......waiting for the economic explosion.......

.....it's late over here in switzerland......we'll see how the japs are trading on the back of their yen-strength.....

.....maybe mark is right.....massive jam by big al.......keeps the equities up -----for a tiny bit longer......then .....

who knows what will happen.....maybe the puts are a hedge against stock positions.

I feel comfortable entering here,hopefully I don't get hurt.

you are right.....i also think that plenty of short stocks are part of some "derivative packages".........

.....what i am really worried about is the fact that the usd/jpy repos have been "en-vouge" again.......someone is soon going to have a problem....looks like a repeat of what happened in july 98ff........

Just back from lunch.

Looks like I missed all the afternoon festivities.

Almost 2.2 billion shares today. Doesn't get any better than that for the bulls.

When is the last time we made a higher high on such huge volume??

Sorry, bear market is over.

Looks like we are headed into a 1999 Parabola.

Mark: You may be right. But I think the bear is just starting. But then I've been wrong since last fall so what the heck do I know.

Guest bullseatshitndie
Tim Ord just went long on Comp at the close. he's been all over the place - will he be right or be stopped out again?

that may be the short signal needed. i don't follow compx that closely, but i see it's up 22% from the mar low. i just don't get how now somebody wants to be bullish after a % move of that magnitude that fast. Can it go higher, of course. The 20month ma is 1539. Lets see if this poses as resistance. I could see potential for 1600-1700 after a pullback(1425ish). i believe 1700 would be a 14.7% retrace from all time high to oct low. 1700 is a target based on move from oct low to dec high then projected from the mar low. a shorter term target is 1530ish based on mar low, which was reached today.

Hey Hanky--What you mean Ord wrong a lot? He called the NASCRAP correction bottom in February while SG was, in one of his few wrong calls, screaming for lower prices. He got the SPX March bottom nearlyu right to the day. He has been generally right on the golds. I don't know if he went long on close today, though NDX did give a bullish signal in his scheme. Because of risk/reward considerations, he may be waiting, like his protege Tom O'Brien, for a small retracement to go long (I haven't seen his daily letter yet). Right now, this market to go down big from here is going to invalidate a lot of TA that has generally been constructive and profitable.

P.S. I would love this market to collapse big time tomorrow and stay down a few days; would make losses less so (only a catastophe to the down side would make them profitable)

Once again John "Chamber of horrors" Chambers drags the bulls along with all sorts of visions and then says" earnings, Gross Margins and revenues will be flat" which is below consensus and much lower than the bs whisper numbers .

Archived